More Proof Paul Ryan is Running for President

Congressman Paul Ryan is running for president.   I say this not because Republican insiders have told me so -- and they have -- but because of his "evolving" views on same sex couples. He still opposes same sex marriage but is now open to allowing gays to adopt -- a change from the position he held in 1999 when he voted against it.  You can read about that here.  My money's on him supporting gay marriage before 2016. Sure, it will cost him Iowa but when was the last time Iowa picked a winning GOP candidate? George W. Bush.  They also picked Bob Dole in 1996.  And they were among the first states to legalize gay marriage though I doubt the evangelicals were supportive.

maher-ryan-smirking_opt

To me, it's pretty clear, 2016 will be Hillary v. Ryan.  And you may think she'll wipe the floor with him but I am not so sure.  He's got a lot going for him, including a decent "narrative."  They are both Washington insiders but he's young(er).  The Democrats count him out at their own peril.

Enhanced by Zemanta