Guns, Gays and Immigration! Don't Make Us Multitask!

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!  Politico is reporting that some Democratic senators told the White House they just can't handle the "flurry of progressive initiatives." "One senator told a White House official that it was ‘Guns, gays and immigration - it’s too much. I can be with you on one or two of them, but not all three.’"

5_opt

This is being called "President Obama's biggest failure."  I disagree.  This is a failure for all of us.  Some of our senators care far more what Wayne LaPierre thinks than what their own constituents do.

And so it looks like the victims (and their families) in Newtown will join those from Tucson, Aurora, Columbine, Virginia Tech and others in becoming little more than a statistic.  Mother Jones has put together a great interactive map here.

This in't over.  The NRA has not won, yet.  We can make the Senate bring this back up.  Remember a few weeks ago the press had written obituaries for the background check compromise and it wasn't even going to get a vote but it did.  That was because the Sandy Hook victims' families spoke out and refused to be ignored.  We need to join those people and let LaPierre know, he doesn't own Congress.

Let's make sure that's true.