Glenn Beck Pimps Gold in Wake of Boston Bombing

Screen shot 2013-04-16 at 12.15.38 PM

Three seconds after the bombing of the Boston marathon, and Glenn Beck took to the airwaves to talk about the need to buy gold. And it’s definitely not that Goldline, the sponsors of his ‘network’ TheBlaze had anything to do with it (h/t Buzzfeed).

“The only thing I have to fear is the government, quite frankly,” said Beck. “The government lying to you, the media not telling the truth. I mean, gold is the original gold standard, and something doesn’t smell right. Such a currency of last resort that it’s so unstable that the central banks are buying it up. Let’s say this turns out to be a terrorist operation with multiple bombs around the city. The stock market tanking, things going awry — wouldn’t this exactly be like how it would happen? September 11, now that we are in this precarious situation, this is the way it will happen — it will happen really, really quickly. You better have a plan and know what you and your family are going to do in the time of more difficult days ahead.”

The logic is clear:

1. There was a bomb at the Boston Marathon

2. Therefore the government is coming to get you.

3. Therefore the end of the world is coming,

4. Therefore you need to buy gold because money will be irrelevant in the future.

(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

If this theory is accurate, it's difficult to point to another chapter in history when major billionRead more...
Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

When we revisit Friends on Netflix now that all ten seasons are available to stream -- looking at itRead more...
Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

One year later, he not only stands by the insult, but said in an interview that it was "too delicateRead more...
Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Ever notice how some people on TV call the Super Bowl the "Big Game?" The popular understanding is Read more...
Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Given that it was such a sad and desperate act, it would be nice to be able to say that Phillip PereRead more...
  • Victor_the_Crab

    Go and fuck yourself, Beck!

  • kfreed

    Um… “Paulson Gold Bet Loses Almost $1 Billion: Chart of Day” via Bloomberg News April 15.

    Shouldn’t gold bug Beck be broke, too, right about now? Or is this just a suckers game?

  • kfreed

    Um… “Paulson Gold Bet Loses Almost $1 Billion: Chart of Day”:

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-15/paulson-gold-bet-loses-almost-1-billion-chart-of-day. html

    Shouldn’t Glenn Beck be broke now, too? Or is he just counting on helping to fleece more suckers?

  • histrogeek

    Especially crazy is that gold was tanking yesterday. Worst single day for it in history.

    • http://twitter.com/themikewest Michael J. West

      That’s not crazy, that’s the whole point. Beck was pimping gold BECAUSE the price fell. Know what drives it back up? More people buying it.