Alien Skeleton 'Ata' Turns Out to be Very Weird Looking Human

Screen shot 2013-04-25 at 4.52.55 PM

The bizarre looking remains of what appeared to be a very small alien has had the world wondering whether extra terrestrial beings have indeed been visiting us, despite the government's attempts to cover it up. The skeleton, nicknamed 'Ata' helped turn "Sirius" into a highly anticipated documentary, with UFO fans anxious to see whether they have been right all along.

It turns out however, that the 6-inch skeleton is in fact almost certainly the remains of a human child. From the Huff Post:

In early publicity, filmmakers claimed the documentary would reveal that the DNA of the creature with an oversized alien-looking head couldn't be medically classified.

In fact, the film, which premiered Monday in Hollywood, features a scientist who concluded the little humanoid was human.

"I can say with absolute certainty that it is not a monkey. It is human -- closer to human than chimpanzees. It lived to the age of six to eight. Obviously, it was breathing, it was eating, it was metabolizing. It calls into question how big the thing might have been when it was born,"said Garry Nolan, director of stem cell biology at Stanford University's School of Medicine in California.

This doesn't preclude the existence of aliens or the theory that they have been visiting us (apparently the documentary presents some very interesting evidence that would certainly make hardened skeptics think twice), but we now know that we're going to have to wait a little longer for a genuine 'E.T'.