Alex Jones Exploits Boston Tragedy with ‘False Flag’ Conspiracy Theory

alex_jones_obama_terroristIn the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombing, as with any national tragedy, we’re generally supposed to embrace our better angels and proclaim the requisite “We’re All Americans Now” sentiment, but today I simply can’t do it. Not after what I witnessed online yesterday.

While the rest of us followed the horrifying news as it unfolded with endlessly looping video footage of, in one moment, people basking in a unified display of physical achievement and exhilaration, then, without warning, being cut down by a pair of terrorist bombs, a legion of extraordinarily disturbed sociopaths were indulging their paranoid fantasies in accordance with their cult leader. Within less than an hour after the explosive devices were detonated and before most of the nation was even aware of what had happened or how many people were injured, Alex Jones tweeted:

Our hearts go out to those that are hurt or killed #Boston marathon – but this thing stinks to high heaven #falseflag

And his first suspect in the attack:

Explosions at the Boston Marathon. Don’t that the FBI has been behind virtually every domestic terror plot in the US, as NY Times reported.

So before anyone really knew anything, Jones had already birthed his first Boston Marathon conspiracy theory, thus signalling to his battalions of flying psychomonkeys to deploy throughout the internet — rubber pants and Info Wars archive links ready to roll. According to Jones, the FBI — like every domestic terror plot, naturally — was probably responsible for the obvious false flag attack. Unless he himself was a participant in the attack (hmm) or if he happened to have been standing along Boylston Street when it occurred, how could he really be aware of any legitimate information? Yet Jones already had a strong idea as to who had participated, and that they had helped to stage the attack.

Within Jones’ parallel universe of well-marketed dementia, every attack is a false flag operation and the U.S. government is always the primary suspect. And he’s unwaveringly certain of his assessment: a knowing “wisdom” that fuels his audience of easily-influenced paranoid automatons like a perpetual motion intravenous pump of distilled, liquefied schizophrenia.

A short time later, Jones tweeted his first 9/11 Truther-esque “controlled demolition” concept:

Boston marathon bombing happened on same day as ‘controlled explosion’ drill by Boston bomb squad http://bit.ly/12gssz8

But if you click through to the Info Wars article linked above, you’ll notice how the “controlled explosion” line in the post leads to a Boston Globe tweet about the bomb squad detonating one of the explosive devices after the initial bombings occurred. So, surprise, his tweet was completely misleading. The only “controlled explosion” evidence he produced was a controlled explosion as part of the response to the attack — not a pre-planned event.

Then

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill” http://bit.ly/10YiEqD #Boston

And then

Eyewitness: Authorities Announced “Drill” Before Boston Explosions – http://www.infowars.com/eyewitness-authorities-announced-drill-before-boston-explosions/

Just spitballing here but if anyone announced, “Drill!” it could very well have been fans encouraging the runners to the finish line with the commonly used endurance sport cheer, “Drill it!” which means to hunker down and go faster. But that’s too simple and doesn’t fit into Alex Jones’ self-fulfilling prophecies. Like the JFK assassination, every shadow and every flash of light is evidence of a conspiracy that leads all the way to the top.

It gets crazier.

Alex Jones subsequently tweeted that an intelligence official who happened to be running in the marathon was yanked out of the race before reaching the finish line due to “dehydration.” (Scare quotes by Jones.) Jones had officially tossed the all-important intelligence community ingredient into his cocktail of nonsense because, after all, if you’re going to manufacture a nutjob conspiracy theory, you need the intelligence community in there somewhere. A conspiracy theory without the CIA or the NSA or military intelligence (hell, throw in the defunct Office of Naval Intelligence and the Pinkertons, too) is like a crazy cheetah without his crazy cheetah spots. Any good conjurer of paranoid tall-tales knows that.

So his theory appeared to be that Boston law enforcement officials in conjunction with the FBI and the intelligence community were clued into the fact that two — possibly up to four bomb detonations were planned for the marathon finish line and, by extension, there would be a lot of casualties. And as part of this ruse, they coordinated a fake “drill” announcement just before the bombs went off in order to, um — why shout the word “drill?” Whatever. Rational justifications don’t matter in Alex Jones’ inventory of retail conspiracy theories because — fuck it, they’re all out to get us! IEEEE!

But then, just when I thought the roundelay of Info Wars awfulness had wrapped up for the day, one of Jones’ disciples managed to infiltrate a press conference held by the Boston Police Commissioner, along with Governor Deval Patrick. As of this writing, it’s unclear whether Info Wars received official press credentials, or if the “reporter,” Dan Bidondi, simply wormed his way into the proceedings. However, one thing is perfectly clear: Alex Jones and his acolytes are passing themselves off as legitimate members of the press in spite of the fact that they’re clearly dealing with “info” that Alex Jones is yanking out of his doughy ass. Here’s the video of the first question taken by Governor Patrick:

Bidondi asked, “Is this another false flag staged attack to take our civil liberties?” And then, as the officials stepped away from the podium, Biondi continued to hector them with questions about a “false flag” operation. (By the way, I love how swiftly Patrick dismissed Bidondi as the crank he is.)

This is exactly why we have to continue to discredit and ridicule Alex Jones and his megalomaniacal copycats, including Glenn Beck and others — pulling back the curtain on their exploitation and fakery. While we’ve been dismissing and ignoring them, hoping they’ll go away, they’ve managed to tunnel their way into serious, legitimate proceedings.

My friend and colleague Chez Pazienza wrote to me via email: “Alex Jones should never under any circumstances be legitimized by being allowed to take part in coverage of news events as if he’s a real news source.” Yesterday, Jones subverted a critical news conference and exploited a national tragedy with his utterly fictitious storytelling — not as a means of ascertaining the truth but as a means of amplifying his hyperkinetic voice and marketing his online empire of swag. After all, now that Info Wars has “reporters” embedded snugly within the press corp, asking questions of governors and police commissioners and pretending to be legitimate journalists, Info Wars must be viewed as a real news outfit (it most certainly is not). And if it’s a real news outfit, then the information it’s peddling must be legitimate news and not dismissed as simply the fringe manifestations of clinical group neuroses. As such, paranoid rumor-mongering slowly morphs into reality. Alex Jones knows damn well that it’s a formula that leads to profit — profit that he’s earning not only by taking advantage of psychologically vulnerable fans, but by latching his conspiracy-mongering onto the horrifying events in Boston.

  • Ascendaeus

    Oh, The Worst Thing it Would Be if Some Asshole on the Radio were to Expose Your Fake Staged Event. I feel Sorry For All those Who Had their Feelings Hurt By Alex Jones, But it Would be Blasphemy to Question Government Narratives. What is this Stupid Fuckin’ Site Hosting this Propaganda? “The Daily Banter” O.K. I’ll Remember That, More Like. Bought & Paid for Fake Stories Daily…

  • Infowars Dan Bidondi

    LET ME REMIND ALL YOU GUN GRABBERS SOMETHING…
    You better thank your lucky stars that our Founding Fathers are not alive today, you people would be in jail and the Politicians who push gun control would be at the end of a rope for treason!

    Thomas Jefferson: “No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.” (T. Jefferson papers, 334, C.J. Boyd, Ed. 1950)

    Thomas Jefferson: “What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms.” (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison)

    Thomas Jefferson: “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms…disarm only those who are neither inclined or determined to commit crimes. Such laws only make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assassins; they serve to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” (1764 Letter and speech from T. Jefferson quoting with approval an essay by Cesare Beccari)

    John Adams: “Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense.” (A defense of the Constitution of the US)

    Samual Adams: “The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” (Convention of the Commonwealth of Mass., 86-87, date still being sought)

    George Washington: “Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people’s liberty teeth (and) keystone… the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable… more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour.” (Address to 1st session of Congress)

    George Washington: “A free people ought to be armed.” (Jan 14 1790, Boston Independent Chronicle.)

    George Mason: “To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them.” (3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

    Noah Webster: “Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.” (1787, Pamphlets on the Constitution of the US)

    James Madison: “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose rulers are afraid to trust them with arms.” (Federalist Paper #46)

    Patrick Henry: “The people have a right to keep and bear arms.” (Elliott, Debates at 185)

    Richard Henry Lee: “To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…” (Richard Henry Lee writing in Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, 1787-1788).

    Alexander Hamilton: “The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed” (The Federalist Papers at 184-8)

  • Anonymous

    I’ll believe these theories when they start demanding RFID chips, until then it’s all just speculation and terrorists taking revenge for their suffering from violence.

  • Anonymous

    Alex Jones and his reporter are not credible sources of information. Scroll down to Don’s post, I couldn’t read through it all, but he spelled were as ‘where’ and instead of using past tense ran he writes ‘running.’ I say hired goon. Where’s his education? And the questions he asked the authorities, sure we all want answers, but as a journalist you cannot ask loaded or leading questions. You don’t just throw out accusations, it is unprofessional. We all wish there was an easy answer and maybe pray that these young men are framed only because we don’t want to think of an average person as evil, but maybe they went crazy and maybe they are highly intelligent psychopaths, most serial killers are described as ‘nice guys’ and no neighbour sees it coming. The hope of ridding the world of evil in one large group is easier than knowing that anyone can take a life so easily, but maybe some young men are just that violent. We want the full truth, not some spun lies from Alex Jones, but full truth and hopefully all these holes will eventually be filled in because there is a lot of information out there being taken from objective fact and into subjective assumptions. Assumptions are not truths. If the government is a liar, Alex Jones is just as at fault, I just hope they televise the court case and real reporters get their hands on Johkar (spelling) and interview him to televise the truth to the world. Don talks about being brainwashed, but I have seen all the propaghanda that I can, I like the whole objective story, and Don is just repeating all of Jones’ ideas, like a broken record, self assured of the dogma that he has been brainwashed with.

  • DanOBGYN

    Sooo was there a drill? Why were so many police dogs around the finish line? Who are those people with ear pieces that look undercover?? NO ANSWERS AT ALL

    • villemar

      Cunt. Ghoul. Seriously, kill yourself.

  • http://www.facebook.com/dave.eff.3 Dave Eff

    Bob,

    your friend and colleague Chez wrote to you: “Alex Jones should never under any circumstances be legitimized by being allowed to take part in coverage of news events as if he’s a real news source.”

    I tend to agree. The man is paranoid and conflates just about everything into an Orwellian nightmare. Yet if we’re fair (and let’s try it as a philosophical exercise for 30 seconds) Jonestown swore up-and-down that Yellowcake was a hoax, that mobile weapons laboratories were a hoax, that aluminum tubes were a hoax… That makes him more credible than 95% of senior news reporters and editors in Washington and New York.

    Add the most secretive President ever with a secret kill list into the chaos, and sadly this is where we are at.

  • http://www.facebook.com/bernard.mahoney.10 Bernard Mahoney

    we no longer beleave in freedom of speach in america its dead .that man had evrey right to ask that crooked gov his ? ITS CALLED FREEDOM OF SPEACH IF YOU CANT AGREEE WITH THAT YOU DONT DISSERVE TO LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY .

    • Lady Willpower

      It’s actually not called “SPEACH” anywhere.

      • dbtheonly

        I’m more concerned about what “DISSERVE” means.

        “DISSERVER” would mean insulting your waitress.
        “DISSERVE” might mean insulting someone’s tennis.

      • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

        Or beleave. Or evrey. And for someone so patriotic, he should know it’s America.

    • SexBobOmb

      You make me weep for our country. And English.

  • http://www.facebook.com/bernard.mahoney.10 Bernard Mahoney

    get ready to loose your freedom and civil libertys . get ready for the tsa to stick their hands down your pants . all they are planning is to use this to take your freedoms . get ready to produce your id pappers on evrey corner .the media are cotrolled by the one world governent globalists .in a way these clowns disserve to live in a prison planet

    • Lady Willpower

      Oh god, another maniac with a frozen capslock key shows up.

    • SexBobOmb

      If I “loose” my freedom but I’ve trained it well, it will come back when I call it.

    • villemar

      I bet your name and the words “state hospital” come up a lot in the same sentence.

    • Bill

      Hey, I read that eating your own shit is good for you because of the implants the government puts in our food and water. Hope you have a lot of buckets and shit scooping devices.

  • http://twitter.com/JuanValdezzz Juan

    Interesting spin and bit of explloitation you’ve put on this yourself there, Bob… You nutjob media critics can’t do anything but comment on someone else’s take on it.

    • Lady Willpower

      “You nutjob media critics can’t do anything but comment on someone else’s take on it.”

      I’m pretty sure that’s what a media critic’s job is.

  • zirgar

    Hmmm, one of my comments was deleted?

    • http://twitter.com/chezpazienza Chez Pazienza

      The government!

      • zirgar

        I KNEW IT!!!

        Ha!

      • Lady Willpower

        WAKE UP!!!

      • http://www.facebook.com/frederic.poag Frederic Poag

        They’re all about you! All around you! Grab the sunglasses and bubblegum!

      • Draxiar

        Makes sense really…they brought down the Twin Towers and now they’ve brought down Zirgar’s post. Next they’ll tell us we can’t have any pudding if we don’t eat our meat!

      Not by Bob……he has no delicate sensibilities. You can probably figure it out.

      (nor Ashby)

      • zirgar

        If anyone was offended by that comment except for whom it was intended as a mocking indictment, then I call bullshit. Was it the words “crayon” or “poop?” Holy fucking shit. Bidondi’s unhinged damaging lunacy stays, but my tiny sarcastic blurb has to go? Tell me what’s wrong with this picture.

          well, hell, zirgar, you know I agree with you. “Holy fucking shit” indeed. :)

    • http://twitter.com/dcmediagirl Clara Frenk

      The Jews

    Surely nobody can possibly be as stupid as Dan Bidondi is. He makes Stuttering John look like Albert fucking Einstein. Are we sure this isn’t just a satirical account?

  • http://www.facebook.com/officialinfowarsdanbidondi Infowars Dan Bidondi

    FALSE FLAG!!!!!!!!! Officials could not address major points such as why where bomb drills being runned that day…. Why was Marathon Participants that are Military pulled off the race prior to the explosions told they had to go to the hospital for dehydration when they where no were near dehydrated……….. Why was people told right before the explosions to remain calm?? Why was the bomb squad and officials beefed up ahead of time of the explosions..
    The FBI has a long history of staging false flags, the Christmas Tree Bomber for example, the bombs in Times Square a couple of years ago, and many other incidents that a person was set up by the FBI and even given the bombs or guns by the feds.
    Lets look at Operation Gladio, Operation Northwoods, the Gulf of Tonkin, The Cuban Missile Crisis.. ALL FALSE FLAGS ON RECORD… The Feds staged Oklahoma City, they masacred 74 innocent woman and children at Waco, TX. Was also behind the 9/11 attacks..
    There are Army Field Manuals on how to stage false flags some as mentioned above.
    -Dan Bidondi

    • js hooper

      LMFAO…what a lunatic…can’t believe u actually showed up here to spread this shit…u must be googling your own name

      • http://www.facebook.com/officialinfowarsdanbidondi Infowars Dan Bidondi

        Regardless of what the LAMESTREAM dumbed down media says.. Over 50% of Americans now believes & knows that our Government stages false flags.

        • http://twitter.com/chezpazienza Chez Pazienza

          Wow. Would you look at that. I’m not going to bother arguing with you, Dan, since it would be like arguing with a mental patient. (Although this does kind of prove that Alex Jones is like the Joker in “The Dark Knight”: he preys on the already stupid and delusional.) What I will say, though, is that considering that I spent 20 years of my life working as a journalist — a legitimate one, not some asshole essentially writing an online ‘zine for illiterates who think they’re geniuses — I know that you’re very lucky you didn’t leave that press conference yesterday with your Info Wars microphone sticking halfway out of your ass. I’m still trying to figure out why somebody didn’t take enough offense to your circus act at an important presser following a horrific tragedy that he pummeled the living crap out of you. God knows, I would’ve very happily done it had I been there. Now feel free to go back to ranting aimlessly. If you’re thinking it makes your case in any way, you’re even crazier and dumber than you seem — and you seem pretty fucking crazy and dumb.

            You go, Chez!!

          • Bill

            Brother, best response!

          • Sean

            No let’s not debate him. Let’s just call for violence…. low brow

          • Salpicon788

            you have no argument only name calling, I can’t believe 42 people support your stupidity, you think highly of yourself for being a main stream media sock puppet, but nobody is really watching you anymore, and nobody is reading the crap you write, maybe that is why you are so hatefull, Bidondi has more balls than you ever will, also everyone knows false flags are real. who do you work for? MSLsD?

        • Dan Prentner

          Calling you a moron is an insult to morons, you troglodyte. So did you even graduate middle school, you ingrate? Judging from your spelling and grammar, you probably didn’t make it much past the third grade. Real journalists (as well as most 1st graders) know the difference between “where” and “were,” you blithering idiot. Only someone with a single-digit IQ like yourself could buy in to this “false flag” nonsense. Folks, BEHOLD, the standard-bearer for the False Flag movement!! A sub-literate bullet-head neanderthal with a “press pass.” Thank you, thank you for showing everybody exactly the level of intellectual sophistication of the adherents of the “False Flag” consipracy.

          • Infowars Dan Bidondi

            Do you even know what the word Conspiracy even means??? It’s funny how people miss use this word..

        • zirgar

          Tahnk you for satnding on htat wall, Paitrot Jurnoalist!

        • Lady Willpower

          Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

        • http://www.facebook.com/jeremy.countryman.37 Jeremy Countryman

          Putting “lame stream” in all caps really makes you seem more credible, and not at all like a parody of a raging internet troll.

          • http://www.facebook.com/frederic.poag Frederic Poag

            It’s true. If you capitalize something it dipso-factoid becomes truth. :P

        • http://www.facebook.com/frederic.poag Frederic Poag

          Sources? Citations? Would that be from the Journal of Your Ass & Thin Air circa 2013?

        • berecon

          ooo stats I love those. How about this one 100% of the people replying to you believe that you are a moron and 100% of your up votes are done by yourself

        • Bill

          Is this an advertisement to get more people over to Infowars?

          ” Over 50 percent of Americans drink Folgers coffee, buy a can today”

      • http://www.facebook.com/officialinfowarsdanbidondi Infowars Dan Bidondi

        Your going to be laughing when they take away all your civil liberties.. When you can’t go out of your house at night, when you are molested by the TSA just to go to a shoping mall. When you have Police pulling you over and searching you and your vehicle at illegal checkpoints with no warrants.

        • js hooper

          I’m black…I don’t need some right wing conspiracy lunatic online lecturing me about being pulled over and harassed by the police

          • Infowars Dan Bidondi

            First of all I am not right wing, I am a Independent Constitutionalist, I equally expose both Right and Left wing parties.
            I know you can’t comprehend that there are people who still are what the Founding Fathers were, INDEPENDENT CONSTITUTIONALIST!
            Go drink your Fluoride

          • Salpicon788

            Hey, Bidondi I bet they will enjoy getting their cavity search at the airport.

          Go home, freak. You’re a bloody stupid cretin.

        • Lady Willpower

          Everybody knows Obama staged this as a deliberate attempt to take away our right to… go for a jog.
          WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!1

        • Scopedog

          Blah blah blah….seriously, have you thought of writing? Because what you’ve spouted out has to be the biggest load of fictional BS I’ve seen in a while.

        • http://www.facebook.com/frederic.poag Frederic Poag

          I gots a keyboard and put words together! YAY!

          That’s you. That’s what you’re doing.

          • villemar

            I CAN TYPING!

        • http://www.facebook.com/frederic.poag Frederic Poag

          Well if they’re gonna have that many police officers at least it’ll mean jobs. That’s something. More police and check points! We need people to make those check points!

        • berecon

          Do you have some of those fabled Gubbermunt Dawkcuemints that your fat messiah preaches about to back up your claim? Or will you follow tubby’s lead and tell us all to “google it”

        • http://twitter.com/DarkHunterClark Hunter Clark

          You’re* What civil liberty will they be taking? Our right to pressure cookers. Get out of here, Uncle Fester.

        • Bill

          I am still laughing that the only Red Dawn that happened was some shitty movie.

        • Salpicon788

          I would not waste my time with this crowd, they are paid shills, they don’t want to talk about the facts they only call you names, the information you are giving them is public and anyone with a computer can check the facts. we already know the mainstream puppet media is run by teleprompters.

    • http://www.facebook.com/officialinfowarsdanbidondi Infowars Dan Bidondi

      Talking about press credentials… First off I have many, 2nd people shouldn’t even have to have a press pass in the first place, its called the 1st Amendment.
      Its amazing how the Corporate Media gets all bent out of shape when a Patriot Journalist ask real questions and questions that they are afraid or can’t ask because of there corporate sponsors.

      • zirgar

        Do yuo right your atricles in crayon or poop?

        Journalist my ass. You don’t understand the difference between a Press Pass and the first Amendment. Seriously? Also, too, learn the difference between their and there. My 9 year old knows the difference. Does that mean she’s a journalist? She’s certainly more qualified than you are.

        • Draxiar

          Grammatically he’s all over the place…mostly in the sewer. I can only assume he works for Jones’s two-bit, hack outfit because no other credible editor would have him on staff.

      • Draxiar

        You may claim to have press credentials but you can’t write a coherent sentence. Go back to school (1st grade would be my suggestion).

      “Officials could not address major points”

      So either they didn’t know what was going on because things were incredibly chaotic (partially because they didn’t know what was going on), or they had planned this out quite precisely, co-ordinating with hundreds of people keeping it all secret, and somehow never thought to have answers for basic questions, or even thought to not make things that “obvious”.

      “many other incidents that a person was set up by the FBI and even given the bombs or guns by the feds.”

      You don’t seem stupid enough to actually believe that this would qualify as a “false flag” operation by any definition, so I have to assume that you’re deliberately lying to people for reasons that I don’t feel qualified to speculate on. The same with listing proposed operations that didn’t happen that we only know about because the FBI actually released the information; those are hardly evidence that the FBI engages in secret false flag operations on American soil against non-combatants. But because you have no actual evidence of your claim, you have to make your claim hard and fast and then step back and make soft connections to actual evidence that does exist.

        Oh, I wouldn’t count on his not being “stupid enough”. And in any case, there is always insanity.

        Personally, I think it’s a little of both.

      • Infowars Dan Bidondi

        We provided an enormous amount of information and proof!
        The questions I asked, where legit! Boston Globe and Local 15 reported about the drills in the same locations as the bombs and the announcements on the finish line telling people to remain calm this is just a drill seconds before the bombs went off.
        Those are the questions I asked that got white washed and ignored. Not to mention the TONS of evidence that makes this a false flag.

    • JackDaniel07

      Is this guy real?
      Even his name looks like a typo.

      Go home, Dan. You’re illiterate.

      • Infowars Dan Bidondi

        You judge me over a typo?? Really, how lame! Instead of debating the facts you point out a typo or grammar error and actually in your peon head think your winning the debate or think your making me look bad..

        • JackDaniel07

          HAHAAHAHhahahahhaAHAHAHAHawesome Clownshoes Bidondi spent his NYE TROLLolololololling an 8 month old article and still – STILL – missed the point about literacy! Hahahahaha thanks pal, you might have just made my 2014…already!!

          http://youtu.be/32UGD0fV45g

    • Lady Willpower

      I guess the computers down at the local Public Library don’t have spellcheck installed?

    • i_a_c

      This is the fucking best. Thanks for coming here to spew your FUD bullshittery and proving without a doubt that you and your ilk are morally bankrupt imbeciles. It brightened my day.

    • Miranda

      Do you have an agent? Because this has all the makings of a really hilarious one man stage play – I’m thinking get John Lithgow for the movie.

      • Lady Willpower

        I think this is just another of Andy Kaufman’s personas.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Time for you to go to the grocery store to pick up some Reynolds Wrap so that you can have your summer wardrobe ready.
      Fruitbat!

    • tommo

      Everything you said was proved wrong elsewhere. You are just looking for attention. You and your ilk are pathetic.

    • dbtheonly

      Just a question. Are you saying the Russians didn’t have missiles in Cuba in 1962?

    • http://twitter.com/allanbrauer allanbrauer

      Poe’s Law. Has to be a parody. This inbred, incoherent, semiliterate moron can’t possibly be a reporter for Alex Jones… oh wait, never mind.

    • Bill

      You are either nuts and need treatment or you know you are spouting bullshit for attention.Or an agenda.

      Why is it you people bring up the Cuban Missile crisis in EVERY DAMN thing that happens TODAY? Why don’t we look at the Red Dawn bull crap your blubbering fat ass Jones spouted off ? When Russian troops were out here doing drills with our soldiers. The only Red Dawn that happened was some idiot remaking a movie from the 80′s and throwing in North Koreans.

      Why are YOU trying to brain wash people? Why are YOU so anti American? Who do YOU work for and who PAYS you? You are right now in the ” I am George Bush and I have proof that Iraq has WMD’S” list and all of your little Manson family followers . FALSE FLAG FALSE FLAG. My ass.

      If there is anyone carrying a false flag it is you and your cult and it’s leader. When is Alex going to build a town for all of his little followers and convince them every one is out to get them and now it’s time to drink the koolaid? When is that going to happen?

    • Sean

      Why all the ad hominem attacks? Not one comment attacking the content of the statement. All I see here are arm chair intellectuals incapable of critical thinking.

    • Kraznov

      You life as an American can’t be too bad, It looks like you are well fed. Just don’t let some photo journalist catch you eating at a chain restaurant. That would ruin your conspiracy cred.

  • js hooper

    I heard that demented freak yelling that bullshit at the end of the Press Conference live…I immediately thought of Alex Jones but I had no idea what he had been up to all day on twitter…It completely blows my mind that he and his cult now have “Reporters” that they can deploy to insert their insanity into the national dialogue…Alex Jones is a disgusting agenda driven nutjob who will exploit ANY national tragedy / horrific event…I’ve also seen several Glenn Greenwald disciples online trying to exploit this attack and liken it to Drone Strikes against terrorist targets…and when they receive push back on their outrageous comparison they go into Alex Jones conspiracy mode

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1655290390 Steven Skelton

    Why do you turn to Alex Jones in a time of national tragedy?

    • villemar

      Why wouldn’t you shame that sick fuck, that horrible cult leader and exploiter of dead children? Someone’s got to do it, and Bob does a great job of it.

      • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1655290390 Steven Skelton

        Why bring attention to him?

          Because the middle and the left have ignored them at our peril. They’ve thrived because of that lack of opposition and we can’t stand idle watching them pervert this country and the vulnerable for the sake of their own profiteering. That’s why.

          I answered that question at the end of my post.

      Bob didn’t “turn to Alex Jones”. On the contrary. Alex Jones, demented, delusion psycho that he absolutely is, put himself in the mix.

      And by the way, contrary to popular opinion, ignoring these cretins does not necessarily make them fade away. Better to counter them with valid reporting.

      • Christopher Foxx

        No, more effective to counter them with holding them up to ridicule and laughing at them. Crackpots like Jones’ followers live to be victims. Attack them and they love it. But point and laugh…

        • Scopedog

          …and they’ll turn tail and run. Or at least realize that no one is taking their bullshit seriously.

  • dbtheonly

    Bob,

    This needs to be cross indexed with Ben’s of yesterday on the decline of newspaper revenue & the subsequent decline (if not death) of serious newspaper reporting. Radio, TV, & Internet entertainment personalities are now defined as reporters.

    Now given that there’s a wide spread of crazy from the left to the right who & how do we decide who’s too crazy to be called a reporter?

    My guess is that no one was checking reporter’s ID too closely. On the other hand the name Alex Jones meant nothing to me before your article. I’d guess the Boston Authorities were similarly unaware.

    • ranger11

      I agree. I never heard of these people until recently. When did they get big? Is this Jones guy on the radio or just the internet? Somebody has to referee this stuff. It’s getting weird.

      • http://twitter.com/JuanValdezzz Juan

        “”Somebody has to referee this stuff.”" To me, THAT is weird… You need a daddy to play referee in a free country? You think it’s weird that people question known liars? What kind of moron put have I just stepped into here!

        • ranger11

          Fuck off troll motherfucker!

          • dbtheonly

            You see the mess you get into with the comment? Anything hinting of “censorship” will bring massive retaliation. Rationality, truth, & good sense are lost in the volume of material.

            In the old days newspaper Editors served as a filter. The internet has none. Except the good sense of the writer; which as you can see…

    • tommo

      db, you must be a Repiglickin’. They are the ones constantly peddling the “both sides do it” crappola. Give me one, ONE example of crazy coming from the left. Phony.

      • dbtheonly

        Anti-Vaccinations.
        The US & South Korean military games are threatening DPRK & justify their threats of nuclear bombing.
        That’s two.
        Crazy knows no right or left.

        • tommo

          As I said, CRAPPOLA. The only one ranting anti-vaccinations I’ve ever heard of was Michele Bachmann. And I’ve heard no one on the left ranting about military games vis-a-vis the DPRK.

          Face the facts, the crazy is ALMOST ENTIRELY on the right. T-Bagger madness. George W. Bush opened the Pandora’s box of stupidity, anti-intellectualism, and nonsensical “religious” thinking. And Obama’s mere existence has opened the door to open bigotry and hatred of “the other”.

          Repiglickin’s are mainly nuts.

          • Lady Willpower

            Come on, dude. We got plenty of crazies on our side. Have you ever been to Huffington Post or FireDogLake?
            Yeah, they have more. A LOT more. But just because they have more doesn’t mean we don’t have any.

          • dbtheonly

            The DPRK was taken from Consortium News about a week ago.
            The Anti-Vaccination was about 30 seconds of film from some Famous Actress (of whom I’d never heard) talking about a “conspiracy of Drug Companies” Can’t tell you more. Didn’t pay attention. My BS alarm went off.

            You really need to work on cutting out the personal insults. You make yourself look cheap.

            Lady Willpower,

            Other examples. Thank you. Agree though I’ve never wanted to try to count the crazies to measure who has more.