Jane Fonda Bores Everyone to Death Over Boobs

barbarella_jane_fonda

Jane Fonda: Made millions flaunting her looks (and boobs)

In a monolithically boring blog post about what she did and didn't like about the Oscars (like: her own dress, dislike: men)  Jane Fonda weighed in on Seth MacFarlane's funny video about actresses and their breasts with this breathtakingly hypocritical little rant:

What I really didn’t like was the song and dance number about seeing actresses boobs. I agree with someone who said, if they want to stoop to that, why not list all the penises we’ve seen? Better yet, remember that this is a telecast seen around the world watched by families with their children and to many this is neither appropriate or funny. I also didn’t like the remark made about Quvenzhane and Clooney, or the stuff out of Ted’s mouth and all the comments about what women do to get thin for their dresses. Waaaay too much stuff about women and bodies, as though that’s what defines us.

First of all, the video WAS MEANT TO BE A JOKE. Secondly, Jane Fonda lecturing MacFarlane on defining women by their bodies? This from a woman who made a career flaunting her good looks and did fitness videos with images like this on the cover:

Screen shot 2013-03-01 at 4.24.31 PM

Fonda also recently had plastic surgery to keep up her youthful appearance. Not exactly a role model when it comes to women and body issues. Jane Fonda's relentless moralizing on feminism - particularly the exploitation of the feminine form, wouldn't be an issue if she hadn't spent her entire life doing exactly that.

And what exactly is wrong with talking about breasts in front of children? I thought feminists were supposed to celebrate women's bodies?

Confused. But mostly bored...