Huge Free Boob Implants Not Best Advertisement For Socialized Medicine...

The forces of the free market are always on the lookout to find stories highlighting abuses of the welfare state, and giving a massively insecure aspiring glamor model breasts that could keep a small yacht afloat is akin to making Fox News's Alan Colmes the face of liberalism in America.
The forces of the free market are always on the lookout to find stories highlighting abuses of the welfare state, and giving a massively insecure aspiring glamor model breasts that could keep a small yacht afloat is akin to making Fox News's Alan Colmes the face of liberalism in America.
Screen shot 2013-03-28 at 5.29.57 PM

Screen shot 2013-03-28 at 4.42.28 PM

If you're looking for heart wrenching stories that highlight the need for universal medical care, Josie Cunningham's battle to get 36DD boobs from the National Health Service in the UK probably isn't it. Reports the Sun:

Josie, 22, had a £4,800 breast op funded by the taxpayer after telling her GP that being flat-chested was causing emotional distress.

The Leeds telesales girl said: “My new boobs have changed my life, now I want to be the new Katie Price.”

Despite earning just £9,000-a-year in telesales, Josie has made several trips from her Yorkshire home to get used to the celebrity lifestyle in London nightspots.

For our American readers, Katie Price is a very famous reality tv star and glamor model with enormous breasts, a sex tape and all the obligatory D-List drama. The story is of course a little more complicated than portrayed by the Sun's provocative headline: "Wannabe model gets giant 36DD boobs... courtesy of the taxpayer," (and ours if I'm being honest). As Josie explains in very genuine interview with the British tabloid, she apparently has no breast tissue at all, and was suffering severe emotional distress about her physical appearance.

But still, did the NHS really have to go for the 36DD option? The forces of the free market are always on the lookout to find stories highlighting abuses of the welfare state, and giving a massively insecure aspiring glamor model breasts that could keep a small yacht afloat is akin to making Fox News's Alan Colmes the face of liberalism in America.

Not helpful at all.