The Latest GOP Plot to Steal Electoral Votes in Blue States

(Image via ThinkProgress.com)

(Image via ThinkProgress.com)

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From ThinkProgress:

Unlike the plan Priebus backs, the New Republican Plan would not tie electoral votes to congressional districts. Instead, it would award the overwhelming majority of Pennsylvania’s electoral votes proportionally according to the popular vote, with two additional electoral votes going to the winner of the state as a whole. If the New Republican Plan had been in effect in 2012, Mitt Romney would have received 8 of Pennsylvania’ 20 electoral votes, despite losing the state by a substantial margin.

The problem with the New Republican Plan is that it would only be enacted in blue states such as Pennsylvania — the Democratic candidate for presidential won Pennsylvania in every single election for the past two decades — while red states would continue to award all of their electoral votes to the Republican.

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

Whenever 4/20 rolls around, I occasionally rewind 11 years or so to a cartoon I directed and co-wrotRead more...
Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Last week, I wrote about a Christians pastor who condemned his friend and fellow pastor for disassocRead more...
Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

One of the subtle but nastier implications of the "American Dream" narrative is that poor people havRead more...
  • Christopher Foxx

    The problem with the New Republican Plan is that it would only be enacted in blue states such as Pennsylvania

    No, the problem is that we elected officials who believe it’s acceptable to blatantly rig the election, and a populace who doesn’t care.

    Get rid of the Electoral College and it all becomes moot.

  • http://profiles.google.com/bh4099 Thx 4 Fish

    All that energy going into vote manipulation. One day the Reps will wish they’d faced reality and done the hard work of appealing to more voters instead of trying to create a one-party country. If all the eligible Hispanic voters of Texas started voting regularly, the state would go purple today, and many more districts would be solid blue. The Dems can counter the Republican rigging with good old fashioned get out the vote response.

    • Christopher Foxx

      The Dems can counter the Republican rigging with good old fashioned get out the vote response.

      The Dems should counter the Republican rigging with good old fashioned shame.