Senator Pete Domenici: Yet Another Moral Scold Republican Exposed As A Total Hypocrite

On Wednesday it was revealed that former Sen. Pete Domenici (R-NM) was involved in an extramarital affair that resulted in the birth of an out of wedlock child with the daughter of a political colleague of Domenici.

pete-domeniciDomenici was one of the Republicans who, in the late 1990s, clambered atop the moral high horse and shook his finger at President Clinton for having an affair with Monica Lewinsky. At the time, Domenici attacked Clinton for “tawdry” conduct and boasted that “Truthfulness is the first pillar of good character in the Character Counts program of which I have been part of establishing in New Mexico.”

Something about beams, and motes, and eyes…

Domenici, of course, was not the only morally hypocritical Republican leader wagging his finger at Clinton.

There was Bob Livingstone. And Henry Hyde.  And, most infamously, Newt Gingrich.

As history unfolds, I would put money on more hypocrites being unearthed from this period. A pattern has emerged that gives me confidence: The conservatives/Republicans most often the loudest about some perceived moral failing by a Democrat/liberal, the more likely the accuser to be just as guilty (if not worse!)

The right loves to put themselves forward as somehow morally superior to the left. They argue that they are closer to God (disregarding the long legacy of progressive-religious activism in America, all the way up to the very liberal and very religious Martin Luther King), and worthy of being His representative in judging others.

Like much of the actual words in the Bible, the right prefers to disappear the “judge not, that ye be judged” text.

  • George Walker

    Pete Domenici voted to impeach Clinton for having sex with Monica and lying about it. What a sack of SH_T. This old, dried up human being betrayed his fellow Senator, betrayed his wife and family and betrayed his secret son by not publicly acknowledging his secret son’s existence and paternity 30 years ago. How much federal money did he funnel to his secret lover and child in 30 years. I bet nobody investigates that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • dbtheonly

    Thank you for taking out the trash.

  • ThomasDufnerNJ

    Hi guys, it’s me, Tom. Sorry for my many screen names and trolling. I’ve been trying to deal with my own repressed homosexuality for years now. So that’s why I troll here, calling people names, making inappropriate comments about gays and gay sex. Because my poor wife Kristen always wonders why I want anal sex all the time. You see, after having 3 kids, she’s kind of loose down there. Plus I really get excited at the gym when I see those young sweaty men work out. My gridnr profile is active. Maybe someday I can come to terms with who I am, but until then, I’ll just lash out in the comments sections here. My contact info is still online if anyone wants to reach me directly. Thanks gang!

  • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

    IOKIYAR!

    • copyburn

      Where is your queer butt buddy Fudgepack rider?

      • ThomasDufnerNJ

        Now now, Burn. There is no need for that kind of talk. You need to be open about who you are.

      • Zython

        I’m sure we’ll hear a scathing condemnation from Dennis for these homophobic comments.

        Yup, any day now.

        • The Dark Avenger

          IOKIYNDA

          • Dennis

            You tout yourself as a model liberal fighting the good fight for minorities and then you make homophobic slurs and trash transgendered people simply for their asking you to be sensitive to their problems and you expect a pass for it because you’re a liberal. In fact, you hide behind your liberalism when you do it. And you excuse your bad behavior by pointing out bad behavior in others.

            And you’re not ashamed to do it on a blog post by Oliver denouncing conservative hypocrisy, which is just amazing.

            You think it’s OK to be a cissexist transphobe if you are DA.

          • The Dark Avenger

            then you make homophobic slurs and trash transgendered people simply for their asking you to be sensitive to their problems and you expect a pass for it because you’re a liberal.

            Thanks for making your hypocracy in this matter plain, Dennis. If you really cared about transphobia and homophobia you’d have been denouncing copyburns’ remarks, but all that’s ever come out of you when I’m not the offender is complete silence.

            Dance, puppet, dance.

          • Dennis

            The difference between you and copyburn is that he’s not an admitted
            Facebook stalker of other people’s kids and he’s not a liberal phony who
            passes himself off as a champion of minorities at the same time that he
            stabs them in the back by calling them names and castigating them when
            they ask him nicely to please knock it off and be considerate of what
            harm he’s doing to them when he stubbornly and wantonly persists in calling them demeaning and harmful names.
            You’re doing exactly what you’re complaining about Pete Domenici doing,
            only he did it fifteen years ago, whereas you’re doing this right now on
            this blog post about conservative hypocrisy, while being oblivious to
            the irony of it all. In fact, you’re so oblivious to your own
            hypocrisy, that you have no clue what hypocrisy even is. You don’t even
            have a clue as to how to spell the word, DA, that’s how oblivious you
            are to it.

          • The Dark Avenger

            The difference between you and copyburn is that he’s not an admitted Facebook stalker of other people’s kids and he’s not a liberal phony who passes himself off as a champion of minorities at the same time that he stabs them in the back by calling them names and castigating them when they ask him nicely to please knock it off and be considerate of what harm he’s doing to them when he stubbornly and wantonly persists in calling them demeaning and harmful names.

            Dennis, it doesn’t matter what copyburn did or didn’t do, the fact remains that you didn’t, and still don’t, condemn him for persisting in calling most of the commentators here homophobic, transphobic, demeaning and harmful names .

            You’re doing exactly what you’re complaining about Pete Domenici doing, only he did it fifteen years ago, whereas you’re doing this right now on this blog post about conservative hypocrisy

            Nobody cares about your rants here, Dennis, but thanks for playing.

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Dennis

            Shorter The Dark Avenger: “My name is DA and I have no clue what hypocracy is but I came within two letters of spelling it right without googling it and copying and pasting it here. I am so proud of myself, even if I am a cissexist transphobe.”

          • The Dark Avenger

            Shorter Dennis: “I’m all hat and no cattle when it comes to transsexism and homophobia, unless I use it to bash DA over the head with it.”

            This is your chance to show your support for the LGBT community and fight homophobia. OutGrade is the first actionable platform to bring accountability to those who act in a bigoted manner. OutGrade started almost three years ago as Rainbow Chronicle, a site with similar functionality. Our overarching goal is to provide a framework for ending homophobia.

            On OutGrade, you can rate a place, view entire neighborhoods according to gay friendliness, and find new LGBT-friendly areas and establishments to explore.

            http://www.getgayfunded(dot)com/projects/view/16/

            Let’s see you do something with this, Dennis.

            Seriously, you can use this or something else to demonstrate to us how serious you are about fighting homophobia besides your constant, inane, repetitious campaign around her against me.

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Dennis

            DA, do you feel like you’re being treated unfairly for being a cissexist? Maybe you should start an organization and get the word out. I mean, forget the transgendered people you stomped on, your feelings are more important here because someone on this blog is calling you out and not someone else who merely used the word ‘tranny’, and doggone it, that’s just not fair to you.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Dennis

            DA’s new rallying cry: “Cissexists everywhere, Unite!”

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Zython

            Dennis, the issue is that your concern about the issue is blatantly hollow. If you actually cared about minority sexualities, then where’s your condemnation of duftholm? You don’t care about transgendered people in the least, you just want to use the issue as a political cudgel against people you have some sort of weird internet vendetta against.

            I wish I could say I’m surprised I had to explain such a simple concept to you (I mean, how many times have I had to explain the point of “teabagger”?).

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dennis can do more good for the TG/TV community by condemning me over and over again here than actually taking a stand on the issue where he lives and works in real life.

          • Dennis

            DA, you’re being defended by an admitted identity thief, someone who stole another person’s actual name and her blog name and posted homophobic, racist and anti-Semitic rants as if he were actually that person. Now he lectures me about not doing enough for transgendered people and for offended your sensitivities by you calling you out on your blatant hypocrisy…….. ON A BLOG POST ABOUT HYPOCRISY THAT YOU ARE BITCHING TO HIGH HEAVEN ABOUT. Talk about ringing hollow. For the last time, you’re bitching about Domenici being a hypocrite while at the same time you’re being a hypocrite, and somehow you think it’s ok to weasel out of your being a cissexist transphobe by virtue of a dishonest tactic of asking me to list all the things I’ve done to advocate for transgendered people. That makes no sense…….unless you’re a dishonest, hypocritical liberal weasel, in which case, I guess maybe to you it does make sense.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Dennis

            That’s not true, Cessixist DA. Bragging about what I’ve done is what would ring hollow. Calling you out for being a transphobic pig, and an unapologetic and hypocritical one at that, on an errant blog post about conservative hypocrisy that you’ve been quite vocal about, is not hollow at all. It’s relevant and appropriate, you just don’t want your fee-fee’s hurt or have your phony gig exposed for what it is. You’re like the pedophilic priest who when caught in the act starts listing all the things he’s done for little boys in his career and challenges his accusers to list the things they’ve done, too, so he can compare and absolve himself. You’re phony as the day is long.

          • Dennis

            I misspelled a word above. You’re a Cissexist pig, DA, not a Cessixist one. My apologies for the confusion. Don’t want to mislabel you.

          • The Dark Avenger

            No problem, Dennis, you still haven’t figured out to edit your posts after posting them on the Disqus, that tells us all we need to know about your intelligence.

          • Dennis

            Oh my gosh, your riposte is almost mortal. I fear I may not recover.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • The Dark Avenger

            Bragging about what I’ve done is what would ring hollow.

            Yes, because asking you what the f*ck you’ve done in the real world for the TG/TV community is exactly like asking you to brag about it.

            All you’ve done for them aside from your dweeby rants here and following me to Pandagon to lie about me, is, again, jack sh*t.

            Calling you out for being a transphobic pig, and an unapologetic and hypocritical one at that, on an errant blog post about conservative
            hypocrisy that you’ve been quite vocal about, is not hollow at all.

            You are hollow, Dennis. You steal from your work by posting here on company time, so that you can paint yourself as someone who is so concerned with TG/TV issues because of your dry drunk buddy having a taste for TVs, which, BTW, I never condemned him for on my blog.

            It’s relevant and appropriate, you just don’t want your fee-fee’s hurt or have your phony gig exposed for what it is.

            My feelings aren’t hurt by your obsession with me, you can’t stop dancing and responding to me and repeating the same dishonest weaselly lies, Dennis. You can’t help yourself, and it’s risible that you can’t see that for yourself.

            You’re like the pedophilic priest who when caught in the act starts
            listing all the things he’s done for little boys in his career and
            challenges his accusers to list the things they’ve done, too, so he can compare and absolve himself. You’re phony as the day is long.

            And you’re more pompous and self-absorbed than any cleric since the Borgia popes.

            And twice as stupid.

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Dennis

            BTW, I never condemned him for on my blog. ……Perhaps, but you did on this one. Nice try, though, weasel. You went and scrubbed all your comments from your blog, though, as soon as the transgendered woman told you what a freak you were for having a blog dedicated to Frank DiSalle. She knew all about your transphobic comments to him, though. She said she used to follow this blog but left for exactly that kind of thing. The liberals here embarrassed her. Even your dogs are embarrassed of you, DA. They probably can’t even look at you, even at supper time.

          • The Dark Avenger

            You went and scrubbed all your comments from your blog, though, as soon as the transgendered woman told you what a freak you were for having a blog dedicated to Frank DiSalle.

            Nope, Dennis, you have no evidence for that.

            She knew all about your transphobic comments to him, though.

            Nope, she never wrote that, she just accepted what you wrote without searching my blog or anything like that.

            She said she used to follow this blog but left for exactly that kind of thing.

            Like when Ollie asked Frank DiSalle why he had to be dumb.

            And you’ve driven how many people away because of your dismissive, sarcastic, mocking attitude here, Dennis?

            Face it, Dennis, there’s nothing in your life more important than I seem to be today, and that’s really sad.

            Even your dogs are embarrassed of you, DA. They probably can’t even look at you, even at supper time.

            Nope, and they’re better looking than either of your daughters, and probably a lot smarter as well.

            Want to get personal, buddy? Bring it on.

            Dance, puppet, dance.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Eh, lets not bring people who have nothing to do with this into the conversation. I find Dennis frustrating, but his family is blameless.

          • The Dark Avenger

            That’s true, it would be unfair to compare my dogs to his daughters and vice versa.

          • The Dark Avenger

            You’re correct, it’s not their fault they have Dennis in their lives.

          • Dennis

            Frothy, he’s been doing that for years. Are you just now noticing it? He’s psychotically obsessed with my family and Frank’s family, and he stalks us for information to bring to this blog. Not one of you guys has ever told him to knock it off, and when you did just now, he gets arrogant about it.

          • The Dark Avenger

            You’re the one who brought up my dogs, Dennis, it’s amusing to see you whine like a greaseless wheel when you’re the target of the same tactics you like to practice.

            Also, see right below here.

          • Dennis

            Zython, why is it you feel duly sworn to protecting Dark Avenger when you know what he did to those two transgendered women was nothing short of cruel and hateful? Are you another liberal for transphobia? They both remarked at how depressing it was that so often it’s liberals that are the worst offenders of transphopic hate-speech, like what DA displayed, and yet, here you are every time, Mr. Johny on the Spot jumping in to defend him for what you know he did, simply because you and he are both liberals. You don’t hesitate to compromise the ideals that you pretend to stand when you have the opportunity to defend another liberal who’s being called out by a conservative. Somehow you think that’s defending liberalism- defending a liberal who is wrong is not defending liberalism.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Zython, why is it you feel duly sworn to protecting Dark Avenger when
            you know what he did to those two transgendered women was nothing short
            of cruel and hateful?

            That’s a laugh, Dennis, you’ve spewed plenty of cruel and hateful cr*p here.

          • Dennis

            “All I did was…… ” When anyone starts their defense that way, there’s about a 100% chance what comes next is a very different version of what really happened. And you just brought that percentage a little bit close to 100, DA. dufthom’s behavior doesn’t excuse yours, it doesn’t sugarcoat it, and it doesn’t give you a pass for being hateful. That’s not at all true that it was ‘just all you did’ and you know it. Her name was danah and you called her dan. And you were flagged for it and told why and yet you still did it again. Pathetic Weasel. All I did was…..”, OMG you are such a little weasel.All you needed to do was say you were sorry. Not to me, to her. And you couldn’t do it. So now you lie about it.

          • The Dark Avenger

            dufthom’s behavior doesn’t excuse yours, it doesn’t sugarcoat it, and it doesn’t give you a pass for being hateful.

            I never said it did, Dennis, I merely pointed out the fact that, as others here will attest to besides myself and Zython, that duftholm trolled almost on a daily basis here with homophobic and insulting language, but that didn’t move you in the slightest to condemn him as well as condemning me.

            That’s really why you’re such a weaselly brat, Dennis, you can’t stand the truth or acknowledge that his behavior here was much more intense than mine of offending two people on the Pandagon blog, and you didn’t say sh*t about it.

            Her name was danah and you called her dan. And you were flagged for it and told why and yet you still did it again.

            As I said, Dennis, I sometimes distort the names of people who comment in the same thread as me, and here you are, making out like it makes me some sort of evil cissexual monster.

            You do get 8 out of 10 for pearl-clutching, as you did it in most manly way.

          • Dennis

            As I said, Dennis, I sometimes distort the names of people who comment
            in the same thread as me, and here you are, making out like it makes me
            some sort of evil cissexual monster.”
            “Oh, yeah, Dennis, so what if ‘I sometimes’ call a transgendered woman by a male derivation of her name and I do it several times after she’s told me she flagged me for doing it and how hurtful it was? That’s just me being me, Dennis.”

          • Dennis

            You are amazing. Even an actual weasel would look at you and be amazed.

          • The Dark Avenger

            You’re the one who can’t stop responding to me, Dennis.

            See you around, cowboi.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Is that what the voices in your head told you to say, Dennis?

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Zython

            dufthom’s behavior doesn’t excuse yours, it doesn’t sugarcoat it, and it doesn’t give you a pass for being hateful.

            Oh, surprise, sur-fucking-prise. Dennis STILL doesn’t get it. The issue is that your silence in regards to duftholm’s behavior shows that you don’t care about the issue in the first place, and are only interested in personal vengeance. Now, you may not see a problem with this, but normal people usually frown upon arguing in bad faith.

            Honestly, your stupidity and arrogance is FAR more offensive than anything DA wrote.

          • Zython

            Dennis, if you’re going to take the time to reply to my comments, the least you could do is actually read them.

            As for your post, why should I take your moral bloviating seriously, when you yourself do not?

          • The Dark Avenger

            Because it’s all about being on message, all the time.

          • Dennis

            I wouldn’t expect you to, because you never take anything seriously. You’re nothing but a hit and run sucker puncher who shows up late and clueless and throws out nonsensical retorts.

          • The Dark Avenger

            That’s really manly, Dennis.

          • Zython

            I wouldn’t expect you to, because you never take anything seriously.

            Not anything from you, no.

            and throws out nonsensical retorts

            Failure to understand on your part does not stem from any failure to communicate on my part.

            Or do you need me to break that down into words you can understand?

          • Dennis

            I guess this is the time where I should be proactive and list your neighborhood as cite your residency there as being not-friendly to gays or transgendered people, is that what you want me to do, DA? Would that satisfy you as to my seriousness or something?

          • The Dark Avenger

            Sure, Dennis, go ahead, you know where I live,(although you do see that the project was seeking funding, not volunteers to report on neighborhoods, right?) and I’ll do the same for your neighborhood as well, based on the lack of activity on this issue you’ve demonstrated outside of Pandagon and here.

            Make my day.

            Dance, puppet, dance.

          • Dennis

            DA, LBGT groups don’t demand us to go out and be overtly proactive to their causes and they certainly don’t have a check list that they use to prove to them who is friendly to them and who is not, they just ask that we be aware and sensitive to their issues and that we not make their lives any more difficult than they already are. Those two women at Pandagon made it very clear to you that you crossed the line, and asked you to please cease and desist, and your response to them was to call them male-gendered names. That’s who you are, and that’s what you did. You made their lives worse for the sake of argument and the fact that you cannot take responsibility for your actions or ever admit fault proves what a cissexist pig you are. That’s why you’re sitting at home all day long with no job prospects, you’ve pretty much alienated everyone professionally in your life, and your social life, but the internet gives you access to thousands more now, so you’re back at it, offending, arguing, one-upping…doesn’t matter who it is, because there are no repercussions to pissing off two transgendered woman on the internet who asked you nicely to stop using them to bash other people, even if they are conservatives that they might disagree with. The one woman told you that, that Frank DiSalle was an idiot, but you were wrong to bash him for being friendly to transgendered women and even more so for your psychotic obsession you have with him that somehow induced you to create a blog dedicated to that obsession you have for him.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Those two women at Pandagon made it very clear to you that you crossed the line, and asked you to please cease and desist, and your response to them was to call them male-gendered names

            Yes, Dennis, I didn’t treat them differently than I’ve treated other commentators in the past that I’ve disagreed with, because I’m obviously a transsexist.

            You, OTOH, wrote nothing about dufthom’s homophobic and insulting comments here, not even when they were on this thread.

            Doubtlessly because he didn’t target you or your dry drunk buddy, Frank DiSalle with such demeaning language.

          • Dennis

            iPad, DA. With my own wi-fi. And I work before, during and after what your now-distant memories of the traditional 9-5, punched timeclock-type job, are. Weekends, too. It’s all about production these days, which I know you find scary and disgusting, but that’s the way it is, my very sick friend. And stop staring at the Google Earth view of my house, it’s not healthy for you. I put on and take off my pants just like you do and a house doesn’t make the man, it’s his family and friends, his health and the way he treats other people. How we each treat minorities and people with prior drinking problems that they’ve overcome is a more apt difference between you and me, not the size of our houses.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Dennis

            I never objected to your little buddy’s sexual tastes That’s a lie, DA. You wrote this to Frank, calling him Frank DiStupid…. “because we’re not bitter old addled conservative tranny-chasers“. Weasel out of that, now. You stalked his Facebook account to find that out, then you came back here with that information and taunted him with it, calling him a tranny-chaser. What is that if not objecting to his sexual tastes, just you again simply calling people names because that’s what you do with everyone?. Why even bring it up unless you thought you had something to lord over him, bludgeon him with, as you say I’m doing to you by asking you WTF your obsession with him and transgendered people was in the first place? World-class weasel.

          • The Dark Avenger

            So what, Dennis? Tranny isn’t perjorative, and to argue that Frank isn’t bitter, old, and addled is to go against the evidence of his record of comments here.

            You stalked his Facebook account to find that out

            Really, you have proof of that, or perhaps I used the Google to find out information he had put out in public, Dennis.

            What is that if not objecting to his sexual tastes, just you again
            simply calling people names because that’s what you do with everyone?

            LIke you calling me sick, psychotic, a weasel, etc.,here on this thread Dennis?

            Beams and moats, MOTA, beams and moats.

            Why even bring it up unless you thought you had something to lord over him, bludgeon him with, as you say I’m doing to you by asking you WTF your obsession with him and transgendered people was in the first place?

            You’re the obsessive one here, Dennis. You keep harping on how I was so mean to your little buddy that you’re risking your job and your sanity over me.

            Give it up, weasel-breath, you can post 200 more posts on this thread from now until Doomsday, and I won’t apologize for the way I treated Frank here.

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Dennis

            So what, Dennis? Tranny isn’t perjorative, and to argue that Frank
            isn’t bitter, old, and addled is to go against the evidence of his
            record of comments here.

            “Tranny’ is pejorative, and that’s exactly what you said about the word ‘fagot’ that you called Frank DiSalle that word, too. That it was ok to call people that word. It’s ok for you, because you’re a liberal, that’s what you think. And you’ve been denying that you never objected to his sexual tastes or brought up that he was friends with transgendered people and you kept challenging me to prove it. So I did and proved that you lied about it. I used just one of your many quotes and now you’re claiming the word isn’t pejorative, when the way you used it most definitely is. He never once mentioned here being friends with transgendered women, but you felt the sick, psychotically obsessed need to bring that information into the conversation here, like it was a victory for you.

            You see, DA, when you say ““because we’re not bitter old addled conservative tranny-chasers”, every single descriptive there is pejorative. ‘Bitter’ , ‘old’, ‘addled’, ‘conservative’ and ‘tranny-chasers’. Every single one of them., pejorative. Your excuse just proves what a weasel you are. There was no reason to call him a tranny-chaser other than as a pejorative. You’ll just keep lying every time I quote your own words that you denied ever having said before.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Tranny’ is pejorative, and that’s exactly what you said about the word ‘fagot’ that you called Frank DiSalle that word, too. That it was ok to call people that word.

            Gee, Dennis, you don’t even keep a blog about me, but you’re an authority about what I wrote here two or more years ago. I’ll bet you have that all on your little iPad, don’t you, cowboi.

            As for tranny not being a perjorative word, there’s this person you’ve perhaps heard of………..

            During an interview to promote his Logo reality show, RuPaul responded to some current controversies within the gay community.

            While addressing the former N’SYNC singer’s apology for using the
            derogatory term as a guest host on Access Hollywood, the drag queen said:

            “It’s ridiculous! It’s ridiculous!… I love the word
            “tranny”…And I hate the fact that he’s apologized. I wish he would have said, ‘F-you, you tranny jerk!'”

            When asked for his opinion on the ABC sitcom Work It, which has been criticized for mocking transgender women, RuPaul shared:

            “Don’t take life so seriously… We live in a culture where everyone is offended by everything.”

            That is true, however, it’s hard not to take offense when mainstream society treats you like an outcast, or in the case of Work It, a joke. We can see where both opinions come from.

            Do U think RuPaul has a point or should he be the next celeb apologizing for casually using the offensive(ed) word?

            http://perezhilton(dot)com/2012-01-14-rupaul-endorses-the-use-of-tranny

            But, please Dennis, tell us how you know more about what’s offensive than an actual TV person would.

            You see, DA, when you say “”because we’re not bitter old addled conservative tranny-chasers”, every single descriptive there is pejorative. ‘Bitter’ , ‘old’, ‘addled’, ‘conservative’ and ‘tranny-chasers’.

            If you’re going to say that Frank was typically sweetness and light, and never bitter, Dennis, then I’m going to say that you’re getting much better weed than we see here in California.

            And old is a description of a man of Franks’ age, you’re not going to tell me that somehow saying he was a senior citizen would’ve been a gentler description of an undoubted fact.

            As for addled, he’s the one for personal freedom, unless you’re a woman who wants to have an abortion. I’m sorry, but that’s most people’s definition of addled, to be for freedom and forced pregnancies at the same time.

            There was no reason to call him a tranny-chaser other than as a pejorative.

            Ask RuPaul, she’s got more gonads than you’ll ever display here or in real life, cowboi.

            You’ll just keep lying every time I quote your own words that you denied ever having said before.

            Who’s the psycho one, Dennis, the person who keeps a blog documenting what someone writes on another blog

            or someone

            who keeps files of what someone wrote years ago and whips it out(I apologize if that got you hot, Dennis), and whips out quotes out of context for to prove his ‘points’?

            Get some sleep, cowboi, tomorrow will be a bigger day than even you can imagine.

  • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

    Howdy Ollie

  • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

    Howdy ben

  • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

    Ben,

    This guy The Dark Avenger is a real hateful and disgusting human being. His buddies and he are wanna be bullies otherwise known as stalker s. they never post on topic and are quite annoying. Can you please give the (DA, Zython, Frothy, Foxx, M2M, Fudgepack Rider and all your other regulars) BANDHAMMER?

    • The Dark Avenger

      Hi, Tom.

      • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

        Flagged again DA. Breaking rules again. Ben, he is breaking the same rule as Burn did. Using the same name Burn did. I would suggest the BANDHAMMER before it gets ugly. He is using that name Tom again. He is stalking again. Give it to him Ben

        • dbtheonly

          “I’m going to TELL”.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            FOOK YOU

          • dbtheonly

            Erudite as ever, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            FOOK OFF. Using names of people you don’t know violate Ben Cohens rules. Therefore, you are flagged Douche Bag

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Please don’t use words that “Morty” needs to look up.

      • dbtheonly

        DA,

        Apparently Tom/Morty/ the other monnickers that escape me at the moment only pulled a month suspension.

        Well, it pushes up Ben & Oliver’s click count & so they’ll be able to charge more for advertising on the site.

        • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

          Ben,
          Here they come out of the woodwork. Where have they been hiding? Sitting behind their desk in their 10×8 studio apartment in Compton or Shittsburgh wondering when Morty may come post. They are like parasites and bad pennies. They show up and leach on and bring their loser unemployed friends that we pay for. Their Internet, phone, phone plan, tv, computer, gamer toys, etc. theses guys are FOOKIN LOSERS

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing, Tom.

    • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

      Still trolling, eh Dufty? Can you point to anything at all where I’ve violated the rules of this blog? Nah, didn’t think so.

      • dbtheonly

        Ol,

        I feel left out. He didn’t include me on the list.

        “He has a little list
        Of rabid left wing bloggers
        Who never would be missed”

        • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

          Ol oh Ol oh Ol. You and Frothy still banging each other. Two big blow harass

          • The Dark Avenger

            Try writing in English next time, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Wow, I hope this guy Tom knows how much he is loved. The best part about this is it shows all your obsessions as wanna be cyber bullies and stalker s. you and DB are 2 giant vaginas who need a god old fashioned Jew ass kicking. Hopefully after you put your swastikas away, it happens. Morty Shatz loves you 2 little pussies

          • The Dark Avenger

            Good night, Tommy.

  • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

    DA. You are such a little weasel. You said 15 times you would never engage Dennis and look what you are doing. Ben, he is a fucking stalker. He has serious fucking mental issues

    • The Dark Avenger

      Thanks for sharing today, Tom.

  • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

    Hey guys

  • http://www.facebook.com/people/Merl-Allen/695715159 Merl Allen

    You just figured out that repubs are masters of projection? I am convinced that Bryan Fischer is going to be caught with a rent boy any day now.

  • Dennis

    You give us the impression your mom said that to you quite often, DA.

    Another liberal crybaby with mommy issues.

    • The Dark Avenger

      If she caught me acting like you, it was probably well-earned. ;-)

      • Dennis

        Did your inherit your acute transphobia from her, or is that something you credit to your own hard work, grit and determination?

        • The Dark Avenger

          Actually, I blame it from hanging around you and your relentless putdowns of everyone not named Dennis or Frank DiSalle. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, they say.

          BTW, are you planning to do anything in your community about transphobia, do any protests or give any lectures about the subject?

          Or are you going to use it exclusively as a tool with which to avoid talking about Republican hypocrisy with me?

          I’m going to have to report that comment as well, Dennis. It would be a pity if you have to have your wisdom deleted here because you can’t stick to the rules about commenting here.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            You are obsessed with Frank Disalle. Are you sure you aren’t the queer tranny? You are super ugly so I would understand if you do. How’s that fat pig Amanda Marcotte doing?

          • The Dark Avenger

            Get some sleep, Tom. Being a troll must be so tiring.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            The Dark Avenger. You are really obsessed with Tom. Gonna have to report you to Ben for violating his rules. Just check with your asshole buddy Burn how far that got him. Can’t wait till I get you banned. You are such a pussy. Unemployable, 50 something year old who needs an ass kicking

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            The Dark Avenger. You are really obsessed with Tom. Gonna have to report you to Ben for violating his rules. Just check with your asshole buddy Burn how far that got him. Can’t wait till I get you banned. You are such a pussy. Unemployable, 50 something year old who needs an ass kicking

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing tonight, Tom.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Here’s the thing…I’m going to flag every comment you make until you offer something that is contstructive…mmmmkay?

          • copyburn

            You are such a little pussy Frothy. Go fuck yourself. Burn

          • Dennis

            Your transphobia is highly hypocritical of you, and that is in keeping with topic of the blog post, DA. I did lead a charge at Crooks and Liars to ban all transphobic comments regarding Ann Coulter that is still in effect, unlike Raw Story where your transphobic comments about her adams apple still stand, along with your putdowns to a transgendered woman, and where you also called her male-gendered variations of her real name out of pure spite and meanness. She and her fellow transgendered friend were both highly offended by your cissexist comments, and, both being liberals, dismayed that another liberal such as yourself could be so shallow, mean-spirited and completely uncaring toward a minority that faces such widespread bigotry and castigation.

            Like Oliver said, DA, judge not, lest ye be judged. Liberal hypocrisy at its most odious, indeed.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dennis, I’m not going to engage you on this subject anymore.

            You’re still violating Ben Cohen’s rules for commentators here, so I’m trying to do you a favor.

          • Dennis

            If it makes you feel better to call me that name, it doesn’t bother me, DA. Just please take note of the dire statistics that transgendered persons have to face every day regarding suicide, rapes and horrific beatings. Think about that when you use that slur so easily and so frequently. You’ll get positive reinforcement here because you’ve directed your slurs toward those on the right politically, but the people you’ve hurt the most don’t care that you’re using them for your political bantering, they just care that you’ve made their already difficult lives that much more difficult.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Yes, Dennis, you’re concerned about transphobia that you ignore it when a troll uses such language on this thread.

            Thanks for sharing.

            Sleep tight
            and don’t let the bedbugs bite.

          • Dennis

            There you go again. Trying to excuse your bad behavior by citing someone else’s.

            On a blog post about Republican hypocrisy, no less.

            You’re a dishonest weasel, you do know that, right?

          • The Dark Avenger

            There you go again. Trying to excuse your bad behavior by citing someone else’s.

            Nope, just pointing out how selective your outrage at transsexist language on this blog. If you really believed in what you’re saying, you’d be excoriating our puffy friend Morty S when he talks about ‘tranny queers’, so your dedication to this issue isn’t as pure as you’d like it to be.

            You’re a dishonest weasel, you do know that, right?

            Takes one to know one, Dennis.

          • Dennis

            It’s not outrage and it’s hardly selective. Morty doesn’t stalk me. You do. Morty doesn’t get in tussles with transgendered people and then start calling them male names when he knows they are female just to be mean to them about something they’re sensitive to, sensitive for a very good reason. You do that, DA. Unapologetically. With willful intent to harm and belittle. You were every bit the cyber bully you accuse me of being. Because with liberals it’s always about projection, isn’t it?

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dennis, I realize that by demonstrating your selective outrage over transphobic comments is terribly disturbing.

            It’s not outrage and it’s hardly selective. Morty doesn’t stalk me. You do.

            So, transphobic comments are all right if the person making them doesn’t pay attention to you or respond to your inane wolrdly whimpers here?.

            Morty doesn’t get in tussles with transgendered people and then start calling them male names when he knows they are female just to be mean to them about something they’re sensitive to, sensitive for a very good reason.

            No, he does use transphobic language against me, and so far you haven’t demonstrated any zeal or interest in condemning him for doing so.

            Surely transphobic language is objectionable regardless of the other activities or lack thereof of the target in question.

            You’ve had plenty of opportunities to denounce Tom AKA Morty Shatz aka Oy Humidity, etc, but you’ve weaseled out of doing so on this thread, content to violate Ben Cohen’s rules until you inadvertently demonstrated your own hypocrisy and managed to demonstrate what Ollie is writing about.

            You do that, DA. Unapologetically. With willful intent to harm and belittle.

            If there is a willful intent to do harm, I’m probably violating the law in some way. Do you need the 3 of the Porterville PD to report my pernicious activites?

            You were every bit the cyber bully you accuse me of being.

            Which is why I’ve forced you to respond to me this late at night, when you should be in bed instead of clutching your pearls about what I’ve done around the internets.

            Because with liberals it’s always about projection, isn’t it?

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            DA. You are such a cissexist loser. Ben doesn’t give a shit what you think. He knows jus like I do that you need a good old fashioned Jewish ass kicking. We’re you picked on a lot as a child? We’re you never accepted in life? Are you born into a bi or tri racial family? You have some severe mental issues and need help. Maybe call obozo and he might help you

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Flagged Dufty

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Flagged Frothy. It’s all over big boy Donaldson. How your tits asshole?

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Copy and paste a lot is here. Stalker Franky. How’s Amanda Marcotte? She is a fat fucking pig

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing tonight, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Copy and paste a lot is here. Stalker Franky. How’s Amanda Marcotte? She is a fat fucking pig

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing, Tom.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Goodnight, MS.

          • Dennis

            You called me a “tranny” and then you deleted it. Why?

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Because he is a cissexist pig

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks, transphobic Tom.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Just repeating what our friend Morty wrote to me. Wonder why you don’t object to his transphobic remarks, Dennis. Why?

      • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

        Enough with the pictures you fucking child. Go get a job, you loser

        • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

          Flagged

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Flagged. Loser. Go give legal advice in support of drug dealers you douche bag

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing, Tom.

        • The Dark Avenger

          Thanks for sharing tonight, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Enough with the pictures you fucking child. Go get a job, you loser

          • The Dark Avenger

            Wake up and smell the coffee, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            How is life as a world class loser? Did you enjoy being picked on as a child?

          • The Dark Avenger

            Say goodnight, Morty.

    • copyburn

      His mother disowned him because he milked her for everything she was worth. This guy is a fookin loser Dennjs

      • The Dark Avenger

        You got a purty mouth, Tom Burn.

  • 16shellsfroma30aught6

    Worse, reading his articles for NRO and the American Spectator, the son is a randroid bigot. Of course, right-wing fantasies about moral superiority and right-wing Galtian fantasies share a great deal in common.

  • Pawtrax

    Uh, didn’t you just post a piece in which you cast judgement on whole swaths of people regardless of their specific circumstances and situations?

    • dbtheonly

      Paw,

      I’m not sure I’m catching the reference here. If I’m missing it, forgive me.

      But

      Oliver has written that he believes there is little excuse for not following a fairly strict moral code. That’s not “cast(ing) judgment on whole swaths of people”. It’s condemning the choices those people make. Just as he’s doing in this post. Pete Domenici had a choice to follow the moral code he preached or boink his colleague’s daughter. He made the wrong choice.

      • Dennis

        Bill Clinton chose to tell the world that he did not have sex with that woman, Ms Lewinsky. He also chose to tell us that same thing in sworn testimony. That totally and completely contradicts Oliver’s last post with regard to anything Domenici, Gingrich or Hyde said or did regarding Clinton’s choice after he had the affair.

        • Dennis

          There are so many contradictions from Oliver’s last post to this one that it makes your head spin. According to this last post, if you’ve ever smoked pot, then you should dismiss someone who deals in selling pot, or any drugs for that matter, otherwise you’re a hypocrite. Bill Clinton asked a woman up to his hotel room with the aid of a trooper bodyguard and pulled his pants down revealing himself. Molested another woman who had just lost her husband to suicide, in the Oval office, and carried on an affair as President in the Oval Office with an intern who was barely 20years old at the time and then went on camera in a press conference and unsolicited, wagged his finger announcing he did not have sex with this woman, then later swore to that in a deposition. Sorry, but if someone has had an affair, they still have the right to call Clinton’s behavior tawdry no matter what political party they belong to. It’s hypocrisy to write an article saying breaking the law is wrong no matter what your economic circumstances are and then in the next blog post say if you’ve ever had an affair you’re supposed to just ignore grievous offenses by the President of the United State just because the original offense happened to be sexual in nature. Un- f’ing-believably hypocritical. Good Lord.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Wait, what? Someone committed suicide in the Oval Office?

          • The Dark Avenger

            Funny how Dennis doesn’t mention such self-effacing wights like the former Sen Larry Craig(R-Wide Stance), Sen Vitter(R-Diaper), and, of course, former Rep Newt Gingrich(R-Hypocracy).

          • Dennis

            Funny how this cissexist stalker freak who vowed publicly on this blog that he was never going respond to me or about me ever again breaks that vow within 2 days of having made it. (D-Liar).

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dennis, you’re violating one of Ben Cohen’s rules with your response to a comment that wasn’t directed towards you. I had to flag your comment.

          • Dennis

            And on a blog post about hypocrisy, too. That’s gotta be a banner day for you.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for violating Ben Cohen’s rules again, Dennis.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Oh and this cissexist thing is absolutely classic. Not only are you a bigot but a homophobe as well. Priceless.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Why did you ask me about being a “queer tranny”, at the bottom of this thread?

            Hypocracy much?

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Because I thought maybe you were interested in that sex? Should of figured a cissexist pig wouldn’t be

          • The Dark Avenger

            Dennis says you’re a transphobic monster, Tom. He said so!

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Dennis and I would never call anyone a tranny unlike you DA. You are cissexist and everyone on this blog knows it. You are a racist

          • The Dark Avenger

            You’re the one talking about “queer trannies”, Tom. I can’t help it if you’re so transphobic and transsexist.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            I am not impressed with your tranny tendencies. You are worrying me. Where’s fatty Amanda?

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Where is that fat pig DA. You know that lady that you have a ‘healthy relationship” with. Fat pig who got caught sucking Jesse Jackson’s slong

          • The Dark Avenger

            Goodnight, Morty.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            just sticking his head into that noose he is!

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Flagged.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Flagged.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Dufty’s back!

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Morty’s here frothy. You have been flagged for using name calling as a ploy to incite. You should know that isn’t acceptable deputy

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            I’m not a deputy, “Morty.”

          • copyburn

            That’s right, your a queer patrolman. Sorry

          • copyburn

            Way to violate all the rules asshole. BURN

          • The Dark Avenger

            It’s Saturday night, and I ain’t got nobody.

          • Zython

            Yes, I remember how you vehemently criticized duftholm’s homophobic comments and… wait… that didn’t happen.

            How’s the mortgage on your glass house, Dennis?

          • Dennis

            Mortgage was paid off a long time ago, Backwards B.

          • Zython

            (Point)
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            .
            (Dennis’s head).

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

          • Zython

            Tetris would probably be closer, though I don’t have that on me at the moment. Never cared much for the FPS genre.

            Maybe call that fook face in N. Korea Jaimo and play with his people.

            You’re thinking of South Korea. That’s OK< conservatives make that mistake all the time.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Flagged

          • The Dark Avenger

            At a supersonic speed, right?

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Zython, how is life as a gamer boy? Are you ever going to get a life yo loser?

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            The Dark Avenger, you have violated every darn rule made to man. You are a 50 something year old unemployable male who gets his jollies claiming “you have a very healthy relationship” with Amanda Marcotte. Wow, what a loser

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing, Tom.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Flagged. Ben clean up aisle 6

          • Dennis

            Do what you have to do to validate your day, DA. It’s good to have a reason to wake up in the morning.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Yes, like getting up before sunrise to start with the comments here and there directed towards me, Dennis. Have a good day if you can.

          • Dennis

            Do you see the comma after the word ‘suicide’ in that sentence, Christopher? The sentence could’ve been written better for the benefit of the stray idiot who might happen along here that doesn’t follow history or current affairs, but it was written correctly.

          • Christopher Foxx

            That same comma is between “Molestation” and “in the Oval Office”, Dennis. Your point is invalid.

          • Dennis

            Are you fucking serious, Christopher? Do you really want to get into an argument about punctuation when your sole purpose here on this is to be nothing other than a total dick about it? Do you want me to clarify for you that Kathleen Willey’s husband didn’t in fact shoot himself in the oval office the same day Bill Clinton groped her, is that what you want me to spell out for you, or do you want me to re-word for you so it sounds nice and clear for someone who has no idea what actually happened and might actually have believed, as you mockingly ask, that her husband might’ve wandered in to the Oval Office that same day as his wife was being molested and then shot himself? Do you want to be the designated grammar Nazi on this blog from here on out? A-hole.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Dennis IOW: Ignore Domenici’s hypocrisy because look, over there.

          • Dennis

            I would never tell a liberal to ignore their perceived hypocrisy of any Republcan, Christopher. It’s one of the few times liberals experience true joy when they’re able to yap about it. I can’t think of anything that gives them more satisfaction in life.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Note Dennis doesn’t deny his hypocrisy.

          • Dennis

            I do deny that it’s hypocritical of Domenici to call Clinton’s behavior tawdry. Clinton’s behavior was tawdry, no matter who said it. His problem regarding his impeachment was that he lied about it under oath and obstructed justice, not simply because he engaged in tawdry behavior.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Continuing with the look, over there.

          • Dennis

            How is that look over there. This is what you’re saying is hypocritical, for Domenici to have been brazen enough to have characterized Clinton’s tawdriness as tawdry when he had once carried on an affair. This is of course ridiculous. It’s akin to a judge not being able to render an opinion on Lindsay Lohan for being inebriated and high on whatever her drug of choice was at the time and smashing her car into another car because he too had smoked pot at one time. Was it not hypocritical of Domenici to vote yea on the counts of perjury and obstruction of justice, but hypocritical of him to simply call Clinton’s tawdriness for what it was because he had had an affair once? I have no idea what your beef is with Domenici, but your attempt to start the Clinton Rehabilitation Tour all over again to pave the way for his wife is laughable, especially given your penchant for opportunism now that you know something about Domenici and dug up an old quote of his from 15 years ago, Christopher.

          • 16shellsfroma30aught6

            Dennis, this is really pretty simple. If you had an affair and a longtime secret love child, you probably shouldn’t be throwing stones about some other public official’s affair. These verbal backflips you’re doing trying to justify this are the worst sort of forgive-your-own-team shilling.

            He voted to remove Clinton from office. Why didn’t he resign his senate seat, if, as he said at the time, “character counts” so much?

          • Dennis

            Sorry, shells, Bill Clinton wasn’t some other public official, he was the president of the United States. You’re trying to pass him off as just another public official that no one is supposed to comment on about his affair or the fact that he lied about it to the American public and under sworn testimony is comical, and I thank you for the laugh here on a Friday evening.

            Are you seriously making the case now that because Pete Domenici once said ‘Character counts’, that he was supposed to resign from his Senate seat because he once had an affair? Do you think that if Barack Obama ever said something like that in a speech, that character counts, that he should resign for having smoked a shitload of pot as a young adult, since a lot of kids have faced jail time for doing the same thing but weren’t as fortunate as Obama as far as getting caught at it? Because that’s pretty much your argument about Domenici now 15 years after the fact. Seriously, you want to have this discussion about hypocrisy with politicians then tell us what you think the rules ought to be. Do you think Bill Clinton deserved a pass for lying and obstructing justice, and that any politician that may have cheated on his wife at any time in his past should not have been allowed to vote on those charges? Or do you think the noble thing to do was to vote not guilty since they may have cheated before, too?

            You’re seriously saying Pete Domenici was supposed to vote not guilty on perjury and obstruction of justice, no matter how clear-cut the case was, because of an affair he once had? Tell me how that makes sense please. I can see how Bill Clinton could’ve just lied his ass off as much as he wanted to, till the cows came home, and no Democrats were going to say he was guilty of lying or perjury or obstruction or anything he was being charged with, but how can you make the case that Republicans were supposed stick their heads in the sand just like the Dems did, just because their marriages weren’t perfect, either? Is that how you think Senators are supposed to make decisions, based on their past personal lives, and screw their constituents, or their own judgment? If so, tell me if you think Barack Obama is supposed to lobby now for legalizing marijuana all across the nation, and releasing all criminals convicted of using drugs, since he was a serious drug user.

          • 16shellsfroma30aught6

            He made the “character counts” comment specifically regarding the Clinton case. He specifically brought attention to it in the impeachment proceedings. He made that comment about someone who’d engaged in functionally the same behavior as himself. You can dance around all you like about how that isn’t hypocrisy, when it’s pretty much the textbook definition. Really, please do. It’s pretty entertaining to read.

            What difference does it make if he Clinton was the President? Senator isn’t a high enough office to where you ought to be held to your own, publicly professed standards?

            Do you think that if Barack Obama ever said something like that in a speech, that character counts, that he should resign for having smoked a shitload of pot as a young adult, since a lot of kids have faced jail time for doing the same thing but weren’t as fortunate as Obama as far as getting caught at it?

            I missed the part where the president participated in a witch hunt of a fellow elected official where he voted to remove that person from office, and grandstanded about how much “character counts,” because of that latter person’s marijuana-related offenses.

            Do you think Bill Clinton deserved a pass for lying and obstructing justice, and that any politician that may have cheated on his wife at any time in his past should not have been allowed to vote on those charges? Or do you think the noble thing to do was to vote not guilty since they may have cheated before, too?

            The noble thing to do would have been to refuse to participate in that pathetic circus, but that’s another story.

            It shouldn’t be a rule that you can’t cast aspersions for something you yourself have done. It just makes you an asshole. Domenici didn’t break any rules, he’s just a hypocritical asshole.

            Is that how you think Senators are supposed to make decisions, based on their past personal lives, and screw their constituents, or their own judgment?

            In cases that actually have some relevance to their constituents, no. Where the president chose to put the clenis isn’t one of those cases.

            If he’s going to drone on about Clinton’s lack of character, than he ought to not have a secret love child. It’s pretty much that simple.

          • Dennis

            He made the “character counts” comment specifically regarding the
            Clinton case. He specifically brought attention to it in the impeachment
            proceedings. He made that comment about someone who’d engaged in
            functionally the same behavior as himself.

            Oliver didn’t provide the whole quote because if he had it would’ve taken away from the central thesis of hypocrisy. You could be excused for not knowing the whole quote and doing what Oliver wanted you to do; just reading his piece and not checking the actual quote and just assume he was tut-tutting Bill Clinton at the time, but then you just stated that he did it as part of a grandstanding operation for the affair and the blowjob, when that was not the case. And it nullifies your whole argument, and Oliver’s.

            Here it is….

            Domenici voted for the impeachment of former President Bill Clinton in
            1998 after his affair with Monica Lewinsky, but his floor statement
            focused on the fact that Clinton had lied under oath, noting that the
            trial “has never been about the President’s private sex acts, as tawdry as they have been.”

            If now, fifteen years later, you take exception to the last words “as tawdry as they have been”, tell me why that is, now that you know he had an affair? Everyone and their brother had an opinion about what Bill Clinton did then, through the whole nasty reporting of it, to the last detail. And what he did was tawdry, and no matter what one’s prior offenses were, nothing prevents anyone for having said that then. But Domenici said the trial had never been about the President’s private sex acts, and yet here you are, saying that it was, and you’re completely and dishonestly dismissing the material fact that the trial and his impeachment were about perjury and obstruction of justice, not. as you say a second time, where the president put his clenis. And it wasn’t about where he put his cigar. Or the age of the girl he put the cigar in. Or the fact she worked as an intern in the White House. Or that he was planning to just trash the shit out of her before she produced the blue dress with his DNA on it. Or that he told the nation he was just mentoring her. None of that, shell, was why he was impeached, but all that, and a lot of other things, were in fact, tawdry. They were far worse than tawdry, but Domenici didn’t grandstand when he used that word, and what he said and what he did was not hypocritical now that we know that he had fathered a child by another woman.

            And the same applies to his ‘character counts’ comment. Here is his entire speech at the time of his votes, and he makes it clear that the ‘character counts’ part of his speech was about lying and obstruction:

            http://elpasotimesdottypepaddotcom/newmexico/2013/02/domenicis-own-damning-words.html

            You would do well to read it for the first time, shells. So would Oliver. So would everyone here who only read Oliver’s truncated and highly misleading partial quotes and just assume to this day that Clinton didn’t lie and didn’t obstruct justice and got impeached only because he got a blowjob from another woman.

          • 16shellsfroma30aught6

            Right. Clinton’s impeachment trial wasn’t about his sex life in the same way that states’ rights is never about racism.

            Dennis, you can dance around this all you like. The lengths you will go to defend your side are truly awesome to behold. Domenici also said in the same speech that truthfulness was of the utmost importance. That would seem to exclude hiding a secret love child for 30 years, but YMMV my friend. I guess as long as he didn’t lie to Ken Starr, it’s all good.

          • Dennis

            Domenici listed all the things Clinton was being charged with and I posted them above. Those are all the things Clinton did trying to cover up his affair, and they’re lengthy and egregious and serious, shells. None of them have to do with not coming forward unsolicited, like you now, fifteen years hence, somehow expected Domenici to do in such a manner as to absolve Clinton of perjury and obstruction of justices, which Domenici never did, for which he had to make a judgment on when it came up for vote in the Senate. Again, he said, the trial “has never been about the President’s private sex acts”.

          • copyburn

            Spare us MORON. You are super stupid

          • The Dark Avenger

            Spare us, you moran.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Jaysus Dennis…Domenici voted to attempt to remove someone from office for getting a BJ while at the same time, he was fathering a child out of wedlock. In my book, fathering a child out of wedlock is morally worse than getting head out of wedlock.

          • Dennis

            Domenici voted to attempt to remove someone from office for getting a BJ…..

            Sorry, Frothy, but that’s false. It’s not even close to being true. You’re a law enforcement guy, too. That’s inexcusably bad, terribly unprofessional, and quite frankly, pathetically obtuse of you. Domenici voted to impeach Clinton on the charges of perjury and obstruction of justice, both of which were clear-cut and self-evident. The obstruction charge was so blatant and egregious that a judge later disbarred him for it. You know this, Frothy. I’m sure you know exactly the charges Bill Clinton was impeached for and neither one of them were for having an affair or for getting a blowjob, but here we are, fifteen years hence, and you want to perpetuate that myth for the Bill and Hillary Clinton Presidential Rehabilitation Program.

            Please explain to me why you think a senator who has to vote on those charges of both perjury and obstruction of justice should vote no on both counts because he was guilty of fathering a child with another woman besides his wife. And then please tell me that since you feel this was a mere case of a man getting a blowjob, does that then nullify all other crimes he may have committed as a result of that blowjob, and should that be the case for all presidents going forward?

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            And you know just as well that what he was lying about was a personal relationship that had nothing to do with his duties as an elected official, and there’s the rub. Its a variation of the fruit of the posionous tree. If you elicit incriminating evidence through use of an improper tactic, you don’t get to use that evidence against that person.

          • Dennis

            Sorry, but that’s just bullshit, Frothy. The woman was a 20yr old working in the White House that he carried on the affair in the Oval Office. The relationship did indeed have much to do with his duties as an elected official. He carried it on while on duty and he influenced people working for him to to provide false testimony regarding that affair. Try doing that at your place of work and see what happens to you and see if your superiors waive all illegal activities you did after you had the affair with a 20yr old intern in your office because ‘the affair had nothing to do with your duties as a police official’.

            Here’s what Domenici cited in his vote, nothing to do with the affair, but all to do what Clinton did after the fact.

            1) The president encouraged Monica Lewinsky
            to prepare and submit a false affidavit;

            2) He encouraged her to tell
            false and misleading cover stories if she were called to testify in a
            civil rights lawsuit;

            3) He engaged in, encouraged or supported a schemeto conceal his gifts to Monica Lewinsky that had been subpoenaed in thecivil rights lawsuit;

            4) He intensified and succeeded in an effort to
            find Monica Lewinsky a job so that she would not testify truthfully in the civil rights lawsuit;

            5) He gave a false account of his relationship with Monica
            Lewinsky to Betty Currie in order to influence Ms. Currie’s expected testimony in the civil rights lawsuit;

            6) At his deposition in a federal civil rights action against him, William Jefferson Clinton allowed his attorney to make false and misleading statements to a federal judge characterizing an affidavit, in order to prevent questioning deemed relevant by the judge. Such false and misleading statements were subsequently called to the attention of the judge by his attorney;

            7) He lied to John Podesta, Sidney Blumenthal, Erskine Bowles and other White House aides regarding his relationship with Monica Lewinsky to influence their expected testimony before the federal grand jury.

            Tell me why these egregious and very serious actions on the part of Bill Clinton should’ve been completely ignored by Senator Domenici, in your professional and unbiased opinion.

          • Dennis

            Shoot, Frothy, next time I’m in a big hurry driving in the North Hills, I think I’ll slap a big-ass Obama sticker on my bumper so you won’t give me a speeding ticket.

            Tell me, please, when people say ‘It’s not the crime, it’s the cover-up’, what does that mean to you? Do you believe Scooter Libbie should not have gone to jail for perjury since he had nothing to do with the outing of Valerie Plame, and neither did Dick Cheney, who he lied for, based on your belief that all Clinton’s transgressions resulted from a ‘personal relationship hat had nothing to do with his duties as an elected official’?

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            I haven’t written a speeding ticket in something like five years, and I don’t care what kind of bumper sticker is on your car.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Two words: Illegal wiretap. Everything that stems from Linda Tripp’s violation of Maryland’s wiretap law is “The Fruit of the Posionous tree.” That’s why there was no criminal prosecution (there was a civil contempt judgement, which has a much lesser burden of proof, and certainly doesn’t rise to ‘High crimes and misdemeanors). The House can of course bring impeachment charges based on any damn thing they want, no matter how teneous, and of course, Clinton was aquitted in the Senate. You and Dominici can list whatever you want, but at the end of the day, the entire thing was about sex, and nothing but sex. The impeachment was all about trying to “get” Clinton bacuse he was wildly popular (and left office with the highest popularity rating of any president since WWII). The house charges were a stretch at best, and failed to garner a conviction. You are making the very common mistake of assuming that impeachment is equivelent to a judicial proceeding. Its not, its a political act.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Whoa, hang on here, I think I see what the problem is here Dennis, and I owe you an apology. I should have typed “for lying about getting a BJ” instead of for “getting a BJ.” That said, I thought I made in clear in subsequent posts that the lying is what I was talking about, but in anycase, it wouldn’t have mattered. If Clinton had told the truth about the affair, the Republicans would have tried to remove him for that. While I cannot know what was in his mind, I’d suspect that he made a tactical decision based on his lack of knowledge about the illegally obtained Tripp/Lewinsky tape. At the end of the day though, it doesn’t change the fact that Domenici is a hypocrite. Frankly, none of us would really care about Domenici, Vitter, Craig, Sanford, etc. if Republicans weren’t always setting themselves up as the Paragons of Virtue.

          • Dennis

            On what charges would they have used to try to remove him? I think it’s a stretch for you to say they would’ve done that, especially since Clinton went before a national audience and started lying about it on Day 2 of the scandal going public.

          • Dennis

            No, Frothy, at the end of the day the entire thing was not about sex, it was about the fact that Bill Clinton thought that since he thought it was just about something he claimed was not sex, that he could lie, get others to lie, bribe and obstruct justice as much as he wanted, and with whoever he wanted…the American public, the Special Counsel, and a grand jury.

            It’s remarable to me that you can pretend that it doesn’t bother you that he did that…to you….and to all of America, because it was just a blowjob, or that the wiretap was illegal, or that it was political.

            As for Domenici and hypocrisy, if you guys had a strong case, or if Oliver did which you guys blindly follwed, then why did he need to provide a partial quote and be sneaky about it?

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            Actually, it was. Kenny Starr spent untold months sniffing around underware drawer looking for something. Bottom line still is, if you’re fathering children out of wedlock, you shouldn’t be a prudish scold.

          • Dennis

            Ken Starr didn’t need to go around sniffing for underwear. Bill Clinton did all that on his own. If he had a defense on the illegal wiretap, which he didn’t, Monica Lewinsky may have but not Clinton, he for sure would’ve used it, but he didn’t. He chose to start lying right away, before Ken Starr did anything. He chose to obstruct justice. And I provide the entire quote and passage that Domenici said as he was voting on the two charges of perjury and obstruction and he wasn’t being a prudish scold about Clinton’s sexual affair when when said the word tawdry. Bottom line is, if you get caught at something like that that you wanted private, then don’t lie about it in a press conference to the nation, don’t perjure yourself to a grand jury, and don’t obstruct justice because you don’t believe you should be subjected to something like that because you think you’re above it all because you’re the president of the United States.

          • http://frothslosh.typepad.com/ Ol Froth

            This explains of course, why there was a criminal prosecution. Oh yeah, there WASN’T. You just don’t get it. The Clinton impeachment was about lying about sex, which no one, outside the republican prudes, cares about. Its not anything at all like getting a 100% rating from the Christian Coalition while you were screwing a colleague’s daughter and fathering an illigetimate child, for Ol’ Pete is a pure as the driven snow, because he was never asked about it under oath.
            Which begs the question: Why the hell was Kenny Starr asking Clinton about it in the first place?

          • copyburn

            Not even close to accurate jerkoff. Too involved with that queer DA? I just hope that the liberal police dept you work for don’t read the shit you spew on this blog. If they do, you would be in hot water up to your eyes. You are a complete fookin asshole

          • The Dark Avenger

            And I should care because?

          • The Dark Avenger

            And it works as well now as it did the last 43 times.

          • Dennis

            Bait me into having to explain your idiocy, get butt-hurt, then go crying to Ben Cohen that you didn’t like the way you were revealed as an idiot. The next day, start the process all over again. Liberals devoid of ideas and the intelligence to argue effectively resort to this boring strategy. When they’re not copying and pasting, that is.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Yeah, Dennis, ‘baiting you’ by using facts and reasoning, then forcing you to break Ben Cohen’s rules repeatedly on this blog as well.

            Thanks for sharing, and, BTW, I just flagged your comment for violating Rule #3.

          • Dennis

            You haven’t posted one fact yet on this thread.

            Other than I guess it’s a fact that you’ve flagged comments and tattle-taled to Ben Cohen like you said you did.

            You little liberal whiner baby. Good lord.

          • The Dark Avenger

            You haven’t posted one fact yet on this thread.

            Neither have you. You couldn’t even demonstrate where I promised not to comment about you in the future.

            Besides, it’s risible for a self-described conservative like you to be caught breaking someone else’s rules and whine about it as well.

            I quoted the Rule #3 as anyone can see in this thread, I told you that I was flagging comments, but you decided to go ahead and beclown yourself by getting some comments deleted because you couldn’t follow a simple rule that a 6th grader could understand.

            I can’t help it if I bring out your pissy side, Dennis.

            You’re just a sore loser.

            Dance, puppet, dance!

          • Dennis

            You couldn’t even demonstrate where I promised not to comment about you in the future.

            This is your quote from the ‘How Much Can We Trust a President to Kill’ thread….

            Have a good life, Dennis. Since it seems to unhinge you to respond
            to my posts here, why don’t you ignore them, and I’ll ignore psychotic
            rants that you post here.

            Deal?

            Like always, your word is worthless.

          • The Dark Avenger

            Indeed, Dennis, and I find that you answered me this way:

            Well, no, sorry, I don’t make deals with psychotic family-stalker freaks who harass me and my wife at home, DA.

            So, I made the offer, you refused it, and so I never fulfilled the offer because you turned down the deal.

            Like always, your word is worthless.

            I’m sorry pointing out the obvious brings out the worse in you.

          • copyburn

            You stalked Dennis and he proved it to you. You are an unemployable 50 something year old male who claims to have a ‘VERY healthy relationship ‘ Paul Donaldson. Two fudge pacing queers!

          • The Dark Avenger

            Thanks for sharing, copy.

          • copyburn

            Hey DA- you are a loser. Get a life puppet. Dance you loser dance

          • The Dark Avenger

            Flagged, copyburn.

          • Dennis

            Oliver put that word in quotes, Christopher. It was Domenici’s use of that word that was the basis of his blog post. Maybe you should try reading it.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Hi Dennis. It’s like debating with a bunch of little liberal babies. What a joke FOXXY is

      • Pawtrax

        I’m really not catching the distinction you seem to see between “judging” someone or their behavior and “condemning” them. Because there really isn’t any.

        The New Testament saying “judge not, that ye be judged” is not some sort of command to avoid hypocrisy. It’s a command to avoid judging other people period. The reason Jesus tells us we shouldn’t judge people is that none of us are perfect beings in god’s eyes. Hypocrisy has nothing to do with it. We’re all fallen beings.

        And yet while Oliver attacks Domenici’s moral judgement of Clinton, in the previous post calls for MORE “moral condemnation in the black community.” I don’t know if Oliver has ever smoked a joint in his life or if he drank alcohol before he turned 21 or if he’s gone over the speed limit in his life. But if he’s done anyone of these things, he’s broken the law and the only difference between him and some of the people he condemned in his previous post is that he didn’t get caught.

        “Judge not, that ye be judged.”

        • dbtheonly

          Indeed, but this certainly beats watrching Dennis play “Change the Subject”.

          We are all fallen. Agreed.

          Oliver’s point in the current post is that a number of Republican Legislators, while holding themselves out as paragons of virtue, and while leading the impeachment of President Clinton; were in fact guilty of the same actions they claimed barred President Clinton from holding an office of public trust. It is a broad definition of “judge” indeed that precludes me from noticing this.

          Oliver’s earlier point is that some both in and out of the Black Community use the color of a person’s skin as an excuse for dangerous, wrong, or illegal behavior. He finds that objectionable. I agree as in the end that would mean that a Black Person is somehow less able to find the safe/right, or legal path.

          Oliver should correct me if I am mis-stating his opinions. Oliver’s sins are a matter between him & God. I have absolutely no wish to go further on that line.

          “Judge not, that ye be judged.”

          Did they call it “The Sinful Bible” where a typesetter left the “not” out of the 7th Commandment?

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            DB- are you in a relationship with odubs! The shit from is asshole is all over your lips and nose. Stop kissing his ass WHITE boy. You are such a disgusting little twerp. You also were picked on as a child

          • dbtheonly

            Tom,

            You really need more help that I can provide.

          • http://www.facebook.com/morty.shatz Morty Shatz

            Seriously we’re you? Using other people’s name violates Ben cohens rules so guess what, you’re flagged. Headed down the path of Copy Burn and Burn. Ben will ban you, yo little weasel

          • Dennis

            db, you are being willfully ignorant. They claimed Clinton’s obstruction of justice and perjury were grounds for impeachment, not his affair. Ask DA to copy and paste the wikipedia page here if you don’t believe me.

          • dbtheonly

            You’re probably accurate as far as the legal terms go. I remember a lot of emphasis being put on the sex end of things though. Then again it was 15 years ago.

          • Dennis

            You guys are remarkable in how often you repeat inaccuracies. You have a computer and internet access, db. No excuse that it was fifteen years ago.

          • Pawtrax

            This thread is already a complete disaster but I’ll respond here and then I’m not coming back to wade through the crap. (Really, Oliver, you need to start policing these threads.)

            First of all, I wouldn’t worry about mis-stating Oliver’s opinion since he completely mis-stated the point made by Melissa Harris-Perry in order to go off on a rant about a lack of moral accountable in black America.

            Harris-Perry was arguing that any comprehensive response to the troubles faced by some segments of the black community needs to include a serious consideration of unjust sentencing laws. To suggest that sentences, especially in drug cases, have become unjustly out of proportion to the crimes being committed is not to “excuse” people for committing crimes. Neither is it “excusing” criminal behavior to point out that statistics show that blacks are more likely to be targeted by police and face stiffer penalties than whites. But both of those problems have huge impacts on the cohesiveness and stability of black families. Harris-Perry was arguing for a holistic response to the problems of the black community, one that didn’t simply focus on single mothers.

            Oliver turned what she actually said inside out in order go on a moralistic rant in which he holds himself out as a paragon of virtue. It’s wonderful that Oliver can keep his sins between himself and his god while he gets to judge other people for theirs. Come on. If Oliver wants to tell us that he’s never ever broken law, never even jaywalked or broken the speed limit, fine. But I think we’d all know he was full of shit.

            In other words, Oliver did exactly what Domenici did in terms of casting judgment on others for behavior he himself has engaged in.

            Do the two cases vary in degrees? Yes. Sure. I’ll give you that, but it’s still damn hypocritical.

          • The Dark Avenger

            A cogent analysis.

    • Dennis

      In basketball, this is known as a make-up call, Pawtrax. For the benefit of the home team.