Polls Show Fox News Disaster

sean-hannity-foxnews

Sean Hannity: Not trustworthy

According to new Public Policy Polling (PPP) results released on Wednesday, Fox New's credibility has hit an all time low. Says the report:

PPP's annual poll on TV news finds that there's only one source more Americans trust than distrust: PBS. 52% of voters say they trust PBS to only 29% who don't trust it. The other seven outlets we polled on are all distrusted by a plurality of voters. Just like its actual ratings, Fox News has hit a record low in the four years that we've been doing this poll. 41% of voters trust it to 46% who do not. To put those numbers into some perspective the first time we did this poll, in 2010, 49% of voters trusted it to 37% who did not.

The poll doesn't bode well for the other networks either though, as 35 percent of respondents said they trust MSNBC, while 44 percent said they do not. The poll also showed that 38 percent of voters said they trust CNN, but 43 percent said they trust the cable network the least. However, given that 41% of people who took the poll said they trust Fox News, you can discount that percentage almost entirely when analyzing the true trust worthiness of the other networks. I'm willing to bet that the 43% who don't trust CNN and the 44% who don't trust MSNBC make up pretty much the same 41% who trust Fox.

The jump in numbers for people who distrust Fox is very encouraging though, as it does show that the network's disdain for reality is catching up with it. Roger Ailes clearly knows there is a problem and has been canning some of the worst ideologues. Sarah Palin, Dick Morris, and Karl Rove have been unceremoniously shown the door, following in the footsteps of right wing fantasy nut Glenn Beck who left in 2011.

The collapse in credibility numbers for Fox coincides with the collapse of the support for the GOP - not a surprising correlation given how closely the two entities work together.

Could Americans finally be wizening up to the fraudulent politics of the Republican party and Fox News? Too early to tell, but the numbers are certainly heading in the right direction.