North Korea's Insane Video

Never let it be said that the North Korean government lacks imagination. From NK News:

North Korean YouTube account Uriminzokkiri has released a propaganda video depicting a man dreaming of manned space flight by the North. In the video, We Are the World plays in the background, and a short segment appears to show an American city under attack – a point that has already started to make ripples in Western headlines, with some suggesting that the video specifically depicts a missile strike on a U.S. city.

The bizarre video below:

Nk News has the translation of the transcript on the video - a troubling read that describes America as 'the devil's nest' and  its decimation 'a wonderful dream':

Last night, I had such a wonderful dream. I found myself rising high into space riding the “Eunha 9” rocket. In happiness and excitement, the spaceship “Kwangmyungsong 21” separated, and was flying into the grand and endless space.

From onboard, I could see beautiful colors and stark contrast [of the outside]. I was about to press the button to take a picture as I was heading toward our perfectly green earth, a shining star in the midst of the darkness.

Suddenly, through the camera lens, the image of the unification flag blowing over our one unified country crops up. Even I weep as I hold tightly to that camera, concerns rushing over me.

In America, I can see black smoke. It seems like the devil’s nest that habitually caused wars of invasion and persistence are finally burning under the fire that I have caused.

The free and peaceful world and the magnificent and awe-striking space seem to be blessing our spaceship “Kwangmyungsong 21.”

Dear viewers, think about this. Korea’s spaceship flying through space, to the backdrop of the brightly-lit sun and space.

I am certain that my dream will come true. Even the complete ending of the imperialists schemes. Seeing our Bakedu Mountain country prospering strongly under reunification, they will not be able to prevent our people from going forward towards a final victory.

All of this comes after a new round of UN sanctions and increased pressure from China to halt nuclear tests - a sign the the hermit country is flexing its muscles and reminding the world they are not to be treated lightly. The 'act insane' strategy largely works for North Korea, at least in terms of preventing outside assaults. It was labeled part of the 'Axis of Evil' by the Bush Administration, but has never been subjected to the same treatment as Iraq and Iran. North Korea wants everyone to know that it has its finger on the nuclear button, and will press it at any moment. And as a result, its behavior has been difficult to control.

The propaganda video alongside declarations that it will conduct further nuclear tests is a message warning off potentially draconian action from the international community - and it will most likely work unless China decides to use its weight to stop it.