LaPierre’s Paranoia: Background Checks Leads to Confiscation

lapierre_background_checks

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (from the Huff Post):

Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association, argued Saturday that the real aim of legislation to create a universal background check system is to create a national gun registry and ultimately confiscate Americans’ guns.

“Don’t you be fooled, there is nothing universal or reasonable about it,” LaPierre said at the 2013 Western Hunting and Conservation Expo in Salt Lake City, Utah. “This so-called universal background checkā€¦ is aimed at one thing: It’s aimed at registering your guns. And when another tragic opportunity presents itself, that registry will be used to confiscate your guns.”

The idea that the Obama administration wants a national gun registry in order to take away Americans’ guns is one the NRA has been pushing for weeks as they oppose any new gun laws in the wake of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag

The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag

Fox News Thinks 'The Interview' Flap Is Obama's Fault

Fox News Thinks 'The Interview' Flap Is Obama's Fault