LaPierre’s Paranoia: Background Checks Leads to Confiscation

lapierre_background_checks

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (from the Huff Post):

Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association, argued Saturday that the real aim of legislation to create a universal background check system is to create a national gun registry and ultimately confiscate Americans’ guns.

“Don’t you be fooled, there is nothing universal or reasonable about it,” LaPierre said at the 2013 Western Hunting and Conservation Expo in Salt Lake City, Utah. “This so-called universal background check… is aimed at one thing: It’s aimed at registering your guns. And when another tragic opportunity presents itself, that registry will be used to confiscate your guns.”

The idea that the Obama administration wants a national gun registry in order to take away Americans’ guns is one the NRA has been pushing for weeks as they oppose any new gun laws in the wake of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

Here's Your Very First (Leaked) Teaser Trailer for <em>Star Wars: Rogue One</em>

Here's Your Very First (Leaked) Teaser Trailer for Star Wars: Rogue One

True, this was shot off a screen at the Star Wars Celebration and it's all the work of Industrial LiRead more...
Quote of the Day: Here's Why Jon Stewart's Leaving <em>The Daily Show</em> (Hint: It's What We Thought)

Quote of the Day: Here's Why Jon Stewart's Leaving The Daily Show (Hint: It's What We Thought)

(Photo: Action Press/Rex) “Watching these channels all day is incredibly depressing. I live in a coRead more...
Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...