If It’s Sunday, It’s?

I love the Sunday talk shows.  LOVE them.  My favorites are Reliable Sources and The Chris Matthews Show.

A few side notes:  I spent a few months writing for the McLaughlin Group.  I was fired for basically laughing at McLaughlin during a morning meeting when he was serious about the ridiculous conspiracy theory around President Obama’s birth place.  Literally, when McLaughlin explained his take on it — down the details like the read birth certificate was under a third door in a desk at the grandmother’s house.  How would anyone know a “detail” like that?  So I just said, That’s the story you want to run with?  He explained that it was not his theory but he had heard the speculation.  Whatever, dude.  Talk about an odd duck.

Second tidbit — when Tim Russert hosted Meet the Press (MTP), my cat — Hobbes Durden would watch it. Seriously.  Every week.  Then David Gregory was put at the helm and Hobbes’ viewing habits changed.  Personally, I think Gregory has grown into the role and does a decent job but when he first started, he was too snarky for the cat’s tastes.

So what do you watch?

[yop_poll id=”7″]

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

Whenever 4/20 rolls around, I occasionally rewind 11 years or so to a cartoon I directed and co-wrotRead more...
Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Last week, I wrote about a Christians pastor who condemned his friend and fellow pastor for disassocRead more...
Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

One of the subtle but nastier implications of the "American Dream" narrative is that poor people havRead more...