Donald Trump Threatens to Sue Bill Maher over Orangutan Comments

During an interview with Jay Leno, Bill Maher joked that he would donate $5 million to the charity of  Donald Trump’s choice if Trump could prove that he's not the "spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan". This was of course in reference to Trump's announcement in October of last year that he would donate $5 million to charity if President Barack Obama would release his college records and passport.

Not exactly one for humor, Trump released  a copy of his birth certificate to Maher  and then demanded the money from the HBO comedian. Trump said on "Fox & Friends" on Monday:

“He promised me $5 million for charity if I provided certain information. Well, I provided the information, he didn’t pay. So today I sue Bill Maher for $5 million for charity.”

It's unclear whether this was an official response, but this tweet appeared on Maher's twitter account account yesterday:

Screen shot 2013-02-05 at 9.02.56 AM

I'm hoping Maher doesn't come out with a serious response to Trump's latest attempt to stay in the spotlight. The less attention the cartoon capitalist gets the better. However, there's a lot of fun to be had at his expense, so I'm sure if he's short of material for his next 'Real Time' episode this Friday, Trump is going to get ruthlessly pilloried.