Top 10 Most Depressing Movies of All Time Results

15208_sophieschoice_l

Sophie's Choice: Thoroughly depressing according to our readers Sophie's Choice: Thoroughly depressing according to our readers

Here are the results of the poll we ran yesterday on the most depressing movies of all time. Some of the movies were tied, but the winner was "Sophie's Choice", an uplifting movie about killing children, the holocaust, and rape, with "Requiem for a Dream" coming a close second. Justin Bieber's "Never say never" came in at a surprising joint 4th alongside "Schindler's List" and "The Road", and "Hotel Rwanda", Don Cheadle's genocide drama came in at no. 5.

Definitely all of the below are going off my Netflix list.

1. Sophie's Choice (17%)

2. Requiem for a Dream (14.9%)

3. Revolutionary Road  (8.5%)

4. The Road (6.4%)

5. Justin Bieber 'Never Say Never' (6.4%)

6. Schindler's List (6.4%)

7. Funny Games (4.3%)

8. Hotel Rwanda (4.3%)

9. Blue Valentine (2.1%)