North Korea Follows 3 People on Twitter One of them is some Dude from Texas

American Jimmy Dushku, 25, is "Just a young guy trying to make the world a better place" - at least according to his twitter profile. And that he may do, given Dushku is one of three twitter accounts followed by North Korea, alongside Vietnam and a Korean propaganda website, making him a unique stepping stone between the two enemy states. In an interview with Mother Jones, Dushku explains that he has absolutely no idea why he was singled out by the massively secretive hermit kingdom:

"People always ask me how it happened, and I honestly can't remember," he says. "It started sometime back in 2010. I was initially surprised, but I always try to make friends with people from all different locations and backgrounds."

"Out of courtesy," Dushku says, he followed North Korea's account in return, and they began communicating. The first tweet below says "Have a nice day, my friend" in Korean.

Screen shot 2013-01-11 at 2.26.48 PM

It's not much to go on, but given Google's Eric Schmidt was recently invited to North Korea, we may be seeing the beginnings of a new, more open era where the isolated country slowly begins to integrate into the 21st century. Bizarrely, it may have begun with the self proclaimed 'biggest Cold Play fan' from Austin, Texas: