Alex Jones: The Government Is Trying to Make More Gay People

alex_jones_yelling

During yesterday’s Senate hearing on the consulate attack in Benghazi, Senator Rand Paul grilled Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and told her that if he had been the president (please God, no) he would’ve fired her following the incident. He didn’t really substantiate on what grounds he would’ve fired her because by all official accounts she didn’t do anything wrong. By the way, none of the Republican senators acknowledged the 11 different consulate attacks under President Bush or accounted for why the Republicans weren’t anywhere near as outraged by the dozens of casualties in those attacks and how the Bush administration really didn’t “keep us safe” after all.

Anyway, Rand Paul continued by bringing up a far-right conspiracy theory torn from the headlines of Glenn Beck’s ridiculous website. Specifically, he asked Clinton whether Chris Stevens, the slain ambassador killed in Benghazi, had been involved in shipping American arms to Syrian rebels through Turkey. The theory goes that Stevens was working closely with former anti-Qaddafi rebels, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, which, in turn, is buddy-buddy with al-Qaeda. Through Stevens, jihadist factions within the anti-Assad forces received SA-7 heat-seeking missiles that once belonged to Qaddafi. And just before the September 11 attack, Stevens had met with the Turkish ambassador and therefore… conspiracy! So your basic “Obama is with the terrorists!” agenda. I’m not sure if this gets its own separate “Gate” suffix or if it all gets mixed in with the broader Benghazi-Gate conspiracy nonsense. Who knows.

Clinton said she wasn’t aware of any such plot. Of course.

Amazingly, however, this wasn’t the kookiest conspiracy theory to be churned up this week. That honor goes to a theory mentioned by Alex Jones in a video originally picked up by Gawker and resurrected by The Huffington Post the other day. In it, Jones makes the hilarious claim that the reason there are “so many gay people” in America is because the U.S. government is deliberately trying to reduce the birthrate with estrogen-mimicking chemicals in our juice boxes. Yes, juice boxes. The government is making more gay people as a birth control method using juice boxes.

Here’s exactly what Jones said:

“The reason there’s so many gay people now is because it’s a chemical warfare operation! I have the government documents where they said they’re going to encourage homosexuality with chemicals so that people don’t have children. […]

Hey, let’s stop drinking out of estrogen-mimicking containers. And again, I even catch myself, Bob, drinking out of these estrogen mimickers because it’s everywhere. I mean, take this [holds up juice box]. I don’t know, but I should check. This is probably lined with the type of plastic that has it. But I still grabbed this off the shelf this morning. Even though it says it’s organic, that’s not enough. In fact, let me — guys, give me a knife so I can tear into this. Let’s see if it’s lined with it. In fact, it’ll probably say it if it’s lined with it inside the plastic packaging. […]

After you’re done drinking your little juices, well, I mean, you’re ready to go out and have a baby. You’re ready to put makeup on. You’re ready to wear a short skirt. You’re ready to go, you know, put together a, you know, garden of roses or something. You’re ready to put lipstick on.”

Okay. Wow. Jones, once again, is both out of his gourd and horrendously misinformed on several things.

First, yes, there are in fact certain chemicals called “endocrine disruptors” that could be dangerous if ingested in heavy doses by young children or transferred to a fetus through the umbilical cord. These chemicals are best known to sometimes leach into bottled water from the plastic container material. You might see water bottles in stores with tags that say “Bisphenol-A (or BPA) Free.” Many towns in the U.S. and nations like Canada have already banned the use of packaging materials that contain it and other known disruptor chemicals. The FDA and other agencies under the Obama administration have been studying the negative effects of BPA since 2010.

Jones might’ve also been talking about phytoestrogens, which are natural chemicals found in plants and most commonly associated with soy. In fact, gynecologists sometimes recommend that pre-menopausal women drink soy milk to ease the hot flashes and so forth, but it really hasn’t been verified as an effective treatment. And there’s no evidence whatsoever showing that phytoestrogens reduce testosterone levels or, you know, turn people gay.

And, yes, testosterone levels have been slowly declining recently due to numerous factors, including obesity and, strangely, less smoking (smoking increases testosterone). It’s also possible that endocrine disruptors could be one of the multiple factors in the decline, but not the sole factor.

But the idea that the government is deliberately exposing Americans to these chemicals as a means of turning straight people into gay people is absurd on its face, and nothing more than the psychotic, paranoid delusions of a homophobic, ignorant wackadoodle. Why? Because the chemicals Alex Jones is talking about don’t and can’t do what he’s claiming! Nothing does. People are simply gay or not gay.

In spite of what he said, there’s no correlation between low testosterone levels and being gay. This is a myth that was thoroughly disproved long ago. Simply put: gay men have just as much testosterone as straight men, and men with lower testosterone aren’t any more likely to be gay, while men with high testosterone aren’t less likely to be gay. Testosterone, contrary to Jones’ lies, determines how much energy men have; it determines our level of libido; and it generates masculine physical traits. Not sexual attraction or even personality. Homosexuality has nothing to do with adult testosterone levels, and, furthermore, government-induced homosexuality is nothing more than a fever dream that Alex Jones made-up while wearing rubber pants and squatting in a tub of tapioca pudding, shortly after composing an inventory of the various clown suits he keeps in his crawl space.

Come to think of it, if these chemicals reduce adult male testosterone and therefore turn straight men into gay men, thus somehow lowering the birth rate, wouldn’t the chemicals also decrease testosterone in women, increase estrogen and thus make women more fertile — increasing the birth rate? I don’t think Jones thought that much into it.

Ultimately, Jones invented this conspiracy theory because it not only gives his weirdo easily-duped listeners something to scare their mouth-breathing friends with, but it also stirs up their far-right homophobic tendencies by linking the gay community with an evil government plot. And juice boxes.

Enhanced by Zemanta
  • http://Batman.news Thomas Chapman

    Such a biased and moronic post, Theres no reason to insult people who arnt shrouded by western media “Mouth-breathing friends” Who the hell do you think you are? We simple dont accept the “Norm” and dare to look outside of the box, Something your nose breathers are incapable of.

  • A Wolf Among Sheep

    Typical trendy jackass… Tosh Plumlee already blew the whistle on the
    gun running… ohh but wait… Im sure you believe the latest main
    stream headline the ISIS retrieved Stingers that were left by US at
    abandoned airbases.. ahahahaha.. U fuckin idiot. No one believes your
    bullshit blog you sock puppet.

  • hgfhfghf

    hes half right its all the endocrine disruption , the platic containers contain bpa a know ed and in as preservatives in cans, fluoridated water also has an endocrine disruption effect, its everywhere and its real

  • timone1002 .

    no, its the articles fault for not elaborating but there is no evidence that shows sexuality can change anytime in your life. all evidence points to not genes but neonatal development in the womb, most gay men are the youngest child and this is because after having mulitple kids especially boys the mother produces more estrogen, and this exces estrogen in the womb effects the development of the hypothalimus the sexual part of the brain, after its developed this deep part of the brain cannot be changed dramatically, so you are born gay… and if you actualy ever ask or talk to a gay man, they will say they had feelings for men as long as they can remember, (as young as 3) this is why pyschologists no longer classify it as a mental illness becaue they have done significant reserch and study into the matter….

  • tin foil

    This is your Opinion
    Check The FACTS. Jones is right

    • timone1002 .

      jones is wrong, reread the facts, hormones can only effect the sexual center of the brain in the womb becasue thats when its developing, after its developed those deep parts of the brain cannot be changed, only the prefrontal cortex still develops after birth, and that has to do with our personalities, and world views its the part of the brain that separates humans from animals, th rest of the brain is vvery animalistic though,

      • disqus_aBzYK3dkIh

        Hormones only affect the sexual part of the brain and while in development?!?! Hahaha try getting a food handlers permit with that belief.

        • timone1002 .

          they will still not effect the sexual part of the brain even with over load, you actually just helped prove my point, theres a reason why guys coming off of steroids dont become gay… they become feminin but not gay…

  • Richard Villeneuve

    Homosexuals should be exterminated like pit bulls. That will lower the population without manipulating the birth rate.

    • Cameron

      So without even knowing me or who I am, you believe I should be exterminated “like a pitbull.” That seems fairly reasonable.

  • luvpolitics .

    One things is for sure, being gay is NOT an individual choice.

  • Bieberhole69

    Lol the dude who posted this is truly an idiot. Probably a shill. Homosexuality is actually being pushed by the government and what alex jones is talking about when he refers to plastics is xenoestrogens such as BPA. Xenoestrogens are literally everywhere and are shown to be up to 20 times more potent than natural estrogen. The poster of this is terribly misinformed and looks to be your average ignorant american. This “Oh thats just a silly conspiracy” attitude needs to change. I honestly cant believe the amount of people in this country who are oblivious to what is actually happening. You people need to wake the fuck up and a revolution needs to take place. Shits about to get real here soon and we need people to start waking up immediately

  • Anonymous

    And in 2009, Alex Jones gave free airtime to an apologist for the chemical agriculture industry and the CAFO industry. His name? David Martosko. At the time, Martosko was employed by the Center for Consumer Freedom. The whole interview consisted of Jones and Martosko spewing their whackjob conspiracy theories about PETA and the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). The whole segment was so ridiculous. Alex Jones even claimed his wife worked for PETA and saw Ingrid Newkirk eating meat…or as he put it, “double beef burgers”.

    • http://Batman.news Thomas Chapman

      “whackjob conspiracy theories”? How is someone who does nothing but trip out about shit that the government may or may not do a whackjob? He is simple trying to make us think about why the government does what it does. Yea his off point sometimes but at least he isnt some wage slave trapped under a big old blanket of social norms and political games.

  • Ron Spain

    “A 2008 review has concluded that neonatal exposure to bisphenol-A (BPA) can affect sexually dimorphic brain morphology” – Wikipedia

    • timone1002 .

      yes neonatal means in the womb, you cant change those deep centers of the brain after your born…

    • Tristan Dinkum

      “A 2008 animal study showed that neonatal exposure to bisphenol-A (BPA) can affect sexually dimorphic brain morphology and neuronal adult phenotypes in mice.” – Wikipedia

      Mice! Don’t leave details off, it could be possible that this effects humans too, but the study was reporting on mice – not humans.

  • nott.elliott

    And as the reader below has pointed out saying “people are simply gay or not gay” is an incredible oversimplification and quite ignorant as well! you didn’t even seem to deny that endocrine disruptors are causing men to become infertile and feminine – meaning more homosexuality

    • timone1002 .

      this comment is so ignorant, endocrine disruptors only effect sexuality while in the womb while the brain is developing, after its developed these deep parts of the brain cannot be changed, where your especially ignorant is the assumption that being gay makes you more femanine, while this can be true its actualy the minority of gay men that are femanine (only around 10%), most gay men actualy have higher testosterone rates then straight men… sexuality and gender are two different things… educate yourself before you wreck yourself…

      • nott.elliott

        endocrine disruptors like oestrogen mimickers do change biochemistry of men and women throughout life, making men more inclined to be gay (or at least come on as being gay). and neurochemistry does change throughout ones lifetime due to internal and external factors (i.e environment). the brain is plastic in that way. hope that clears that up. but i’m sure you’ll find another way to digress from the point wont you…

        • nott.elliott

          either way you have ultimately agreed that these chemicals are causing more ppl to become homosexual anyway… which is the simple point alex is trying to make. whether or not is happens in the womb or not is completely irrelevant. perhaps your not thinking to clearly with all the fluorinated water your drinking?

          • timone1002 .

            im not agreeing with that at all, im agreeing that chemicals in the womb cause this, thats it, and theres a huge difference between a developing brain and a brain thats already fully developed, a fully developing brain has much more plasticity especially in the womb… its exponential, its like the butterfly effect a small change in the beggining can have dramatic consequences down the line, but after the brain forms its not plastic enough to change your sexual orientation, how do i know this? its simople if what you or alex jones were saying were true than you would see a rise in homosexuality rates, which you do not, it has been constant for the last 40 years… btw i dont drink any flouride. its called reason and logic, its the biggest thing missing from the conspiracy community, and i am a conspiracy theorist, you want to belive things more than you want to know the truth, thats why you jump to connections without fully explaining them or understanding the totality of it all, thats why alex jones rambles so much, and constantly makes false predictions, hes a fear mongerer and a fool, hes not much different than fox news he just talks about different things….

          • disqus_aBzYK3dkIh

            The brain is so malleable/plastic.

            Much of it is in development between ages 15-26 years old and is why binge drinking is a huge recent threat. Check yourself before you shit yourself.

            A great 2 part documentary called Strange Planet by NatGeo addresses the plastic BPA and estrogen problem and baby bottles. It’s on netflix, or used to be.

          • disqus_aBzYK3dkIh

            By the way folic acid helps prevent the affects of BPA.

          • timone1002 .

            your talking about pseudo science, yes the brain is extremely plastic, but thats only the prefrontal cortex which is what makes us human, not the deeper parts of the brain those are hard wired much earlier. you cannont switch your sexuality later in life just through “rewiring” your brain, like you can do with thoughts, opinions, ideas, and world views, which are all made in the prefrontal cortex…

          • http://Batman.news Thomas Chapman

            I beg you to research some neuroplasticity science because you dont seem to have a full grasp of how it works, and it doesnt matter if the brain is plastic enough in a later stage of life because the the chemicals required to overload a developing brain with estrogen are transferable from mother to child in a prenatal enviroment. As for Alex Jones, his nothing more then someone not afraid to question the fabric of reality.

        • nott.elliott

          either way you’ve ultimately agreed that these chemicals are causing more homosexual men anyway. which is the simple point alex is trying to make here. whether it happens in the womb or not is irrelevant. perhaps your not thinking to clearly with all the fluoride your drinking? just saying.

  • nott.elliott

    why write an article like this? this article is about hate not endocrine drstruptors. jones is trying to inform others with truth, he might not get it right every time but hes doing far more good than the so called ‘mainstream media’!

  • Jim Lawson

    Whoever wrote this blog is an idiot. It is possible that something could trigger someone to be gay. You aren’t born gay or not born gay. At least Alex Jones theory is better than yours.

    • timone1002 .

      haha that is totaly untrue, you have to have a complete misunderstanding of how some one becomes gay… you become gay in the womb when the mother has an excess of estrogen and this effects the how the hypothalimus (the sexual part of the brain) developes, after its been developed you cant change it, the only part of the brain theat develops significantly after your born is the prefrontal cortex… ontop of that the whole notion that homosexuality is very prevelen in the us is totaly untrue… if you sepend 5 minutes to do some research you will see that the homosexuality rate across the world is almost identical, at around 3 to 5 percent, and homosexuality in the us is actualy on the lower end at around 2%, you so called truthers are total hypocrites and cant even spend 5 minutes to really question everything and formulate an opinion on your own based on facts and data instead of beliving blindly what others say like sheep, yet you are the people who call others sheeple…what a joke, this is coming from someone who believes in conspiracy theories btw

      • http://Batman.news Thomas Chapman

        If homosexuality is caused by “excess of estrogen”, and we know that BPA Casuses higher estrogen levels, then wouldnt a mother consuming something lased with BPA cause an excess in estrogen levels thus causing children to be born gay?

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1655290390 Steven Skelton

    “People are simply gay or not gay.”

    That’s right up there with Dice Clay in nuance of explaining human sexuality.

  • Curtis Tyree

    Thanks to Alex Jones, I now have some serious questions about the government. Is my SSN real, or is it a serial number? I mean, the government did make me, after all.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Why even bother blogging about what this whackadoodle says? Why give him the recognition?

    The response to Alex Jones should be and honest “Alex who?”