After Being Shamed by Chris Christie, House Republicans to Vote on Hurricane Sandy Relief Tomorrow

sandy_relief_republicans

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From Yahoo! News:

After a late-night decision from House Republicans to delay a vote to provide billions of dollars in relief to states hardest hit by Superstorm Sandy, House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday attempted to tamp down a backlash, telling colleagues he would bring up one part of the aid package to a vote at the end of the week. New Jersey and New York Republicans said Wednesday afternoon that Boehner promised them he will vote on a $10 billion extension for the government’s flood insurance fund—set to run out next week—on Friday.

The speaker said he will bring the other $51 billion in aid to a vote January 15.

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey, a Republican, blasted Boehner earlier on Wednesday for not putting the bill up to a vote. Christie warned Boehner and the Republican House majority that they would feel the wrath of outspoken New Jersey and New York politicians.

New York “Gov. [Andrew] Cuomo and I are not wallflowers. We are not shrinking violets,” Christie said. He called the delay in aid “callous” and an act of putting politics over what’s best for the victims of a major storm trying to rebuild.

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

Whenever 4/20 rolls around, I occasionally rewind 11 years or so to a cartoon I directed and co-wrotRead more...
Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Last week, I wrote about a Christians pastor who condemned his friend and fellow pastor for disassocRead more...
Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

One of the subtle but nastier implications of the "American Dream" narrative is that poor people havRead more...

Comments are closed.