Connecticut School Shooting: 28 Dead, Including 20 Children; Obama: “We’re going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent tragedies like this, regardless of the politics.”

The families of victims grieve near Sandy Hook Elementary School, where a gunman opened fire on school children and staff in Newtown, Connecticut on December 14, 2012. REUTERS/Adrees Latif

The families of victims grieve near Sandy Hook Elementary School, where a gunman opened fire on school children and staff in Newtown, Connecticut on December 14, 2012. REUTERS/Adrees Latif

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From GMA/a>:

Twenty children died today when a heavily armed man invaded a Newtown, Conn., elementary school and sprayed staff and students with bullets.

The gunman, identified as Adam Lanza, 20, was found dead in the school.

Lt. Paul Vance said 18 children died in the school and two more died later in a hospital. Six adults were also slain, bringing the total to 26.

In addition to the casualties at the school, Lanza’s mother Nancy Lanza was killed in her home, federal and state sources told ABC News.

According to sources, Lanza shot his mother in the face, then left his house armed with at least two semi automatic handguns, a Glock and a Sig Sauer, and a semi automatic rifle. He was also wearing a bullet proof vest.

Lanza drove to Sandy Hook Elementary School and continued his rampage, killing 26 people, authorities said. He was found dead at the school. It appears that he died from what is believed to be a self inflicted gunshot wound. The rifle was found in his car.

President Obama’s statement to the American public: [youtube]http://youtu.be/mIA0W69U2_Y[/youtube]

Enhanced by Zemanta

Quote of the Day: Here's Why Jon Stewart's Leaving <em>The Daily Show</em> (Hint: It's What We Thought)

Quote of the Day: Here's Why Jon Stewart's Leaving The Daily Show (Hint: It's What We Thought)

(Photo: Action Press/Rex) “Watching these channels all day is incredibly depressing. I live in a coRead more...
Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

We have officially reached the point in which Republican presidential candidates no longer even put Read more...

Comments are closed.