Quote of the Day: Joe Scarborough Renounces Former Gun Beliefs

Screen shot 2012-12-17 at 3.56.41 PM

Joe Scarborough: Finally seeing the light Joe Scarborough: Finally seeing the light

Joe Scarborough, formerly a staunch pro gun advocate, made a stunning reversal on his show 'Morning Joe' today. The massacre at Sandy Hook, he said, has changed everything, and "nothing can ever be the same again.":

Our Bill of Rights does not guarantee gun manufacturers the absolute right to sell military-style, high-caliber, semi-automatic combat assault rifles with high-capacity magazines to whoever the hell they want.

It is time for Congress to put children before deadly dogmas. It's time for politicians to start focusing more on protecting our schoolyards than putting together their next fundraiser. It's time for Washington to stop trying to win endless wars overseas when we're losing the war at home ... For the sake of my four children and yours, I choose life and I choose change."