Quote of the Day: Don't Keep Calm and Carry On

/list11.jpg

Gawker compiles a hilarious list of annoying things that have to stop in 2013 - the most important being the re-use of the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' posters from World War II in Britain:

"Keep Calm and Carry On" posters: Know what this slogan was originally all about? It was to boost morale in England in case the Nazis went from just bombing the hell out of British citizens to full-on invading their cities and slaughtering them. And you're hanging it in your living room because why? To remind yourself to buck up because your boss doesn't appreciate all the work you put into that last project? Take these off your walls and carry on.

I whole heartedly concur. My grand parents were in London during WW2 and saw mayhem we can only imagine. The poster was, and is, a symbol of British resistance in a time of serious economic hardship and incredible danger, and it's pretty annoying to see hipsters plastering them on their t-shirts/coffee mugs/facebook walls. If you know the history behind the poster, fine. But if you don't, then stop bloody using it.