Mitt Romney's Bizarre Statement to Boxer Manny Pacquiao

Screen shot 2012-12-10 at 2.57.43 PM

Mitt Romney: Still as awkward as ever

Over the past couple of months, Mitt Romney has been spotted pumping his own gas, going to Disney Land, and most recently sitting ringside to watch Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez duke it out in a bloody battle in Las Vegas last weekend. In a very weird and typically awkward Romney meeting, the former Presidential candidate was introduced to the Filipino superstar (who is also a congressman in his native country) and told him: “Hello Manny. I ran for president. I lost.”

I watched the fight live on Saturday, and half expected Romney to demand Pacquiao self deport given the former Presidential candidate's position on immigration, but it all seemed quite friendly. I have to say though, having covered the election all year, the last person I wanted to see while sitting down to a good old fashioned punch up was Mitt Romney. It seems I am doomed to follow him whether I choose to or not. Next think you know, he'll be guest starring in my favorite TV show, Downton Abbey. I guess that won't be as awkward though, given it's all about rich white people....