UPDATED: Michigan Governor Signs Anti-Union Right-to-Work Law

michigan_unions

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From The Detroit News:

Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation making Michigan the nation's 24th right-to-work state.

"I'm confident this is in the best interest of Michiganders," Snyder said Tuesday evening.

In dramatic fashion, the Michigan House of Representatives on Tuesday afternoon sent Snyder two controversial right-to-work bills as thousands of rowdy protesters demonstrated outside the Capitol.

The House first approved House Bill 4003, 58-51, establishing a right-to-work law for public sector unions. A second bill, Senate Bill 116, which applies to private sector unions, was approved more than an hour later, 58-52.

"This is a major day in Michigan's history," Snyder said. "I don't view this as anti-union at all. I view this as pro-worker."

Enhanced by Zemanta