Fireman Shooter Left Chilling Note on Killing People: “What I Like Doing Best”

FILED TO: Uncategorized

An undated

Image released by Monroe County Sheriff”s Office of William Spengler

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (From the BBC):

A man alleged to have lured two US volunteer firefighters to their deaths in Webster, New York left a long note outlining his plans, police say.

No motive was given but the note left by William Spengler, identified as the gunman said he was planning to “do what I like doing best – killing people.”

Police searching Spengler’s burnt-out house say they have found human remains – believed to be those of his sister.

The firefighters were shot dead as they arrived to tackle a fire on Monday.

At a news conference on Tuesday, police said Spengler, 62, had three guns and aimed to burn down his neighbourhood.

William Spengler spent 17 years in prison for killing his grandmother

Seven homes on a narrow stretch of land beside Lake Ontario were destroyed by the fire. Another two firemen and an off-duty police officer were wounded in the attack.

If you love what we do here at the Banter, please consider becoming a Banter Member and supporting independent media! Readers get access to the Magazine and unlimited monthly articles

Comments are closed.

Subscribe to the Banter Newsletter!