Fireman Shooter Left Chilling Note on Killing People: “What I Like Doing Best”

An undated

Image released by Monroe County Sheriff”s Office of William Spengler

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (From the BBC):

A man alleged to have lured two US volunteer firefighters to their deaths in Webster, New York left a long note outlining his plans, police say.

No motive was given but the note left by William Spengler, identified as the gunman said he was planning to “do what I like doing best – killing people.”

Police searching Spengler’s burnt-out house say they have found human remains – believed to be those of his sister.

The firefighters were shot dead as they arrived to tackle a fire on Monday.

At a news conference on Tuesday, police said Spengler, 62, had three guns and aimed to burn down his neighbourhood.

William Spengler spent 17 years in prison for killing his grandmother

Seven homes on a narrow stretch of land beside Lake Ontario were destroyed by the fire. Another two firemen and an off-duty police officer were wounded in the attack.

Here's Why the Personal E-Mail Controversy Likely Won't Hurt Hillary's Chances in 2016

Here's Why the Personal E-Mail Controversy Likely Won't Hurt Hillary's Chances in 2016

(Photo: Win McNamee/Getty Images) In the closing weeks of the seemingly interminable 2012 presideRead more...
Vote for Bob & Chez in the 10th Annual Podcast Awards!

Vote for Bob & Chez in the 10th Annual Podcast Awards!

The semi-daily podcast I host with Chez Pazienza, The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show, was nominated fRead more...
Obama Has Un-Killed 12 Million Jobs In 5 Years

Obama Has Un-Killed 12 Million Jobs In 5 Years

On Friday morning, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released the latest mortifying statistics on PresiRead more...

Comments are closed.