Can We Please Talk about Gun Control Now?

ct_school_shooting

I'll make this brief. In what is turning out to be probably the worst mass shooting in US history, the gun lobby must now answer some very serious questions about the right to bear arms in America. How many more of these horrific shootings have to happen? Seriously? There are a reported 27 dead in the latest shooting in Connecticut at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown this morning, 18 of them children. These mass, random killings do not happen in any other western country with the same regularity as they do in America. The difference? Access to guns. No more needs to be said really.

Thoughts and prayers are with those in Newton, Connecticut on this awful day.