Amazing New Invention: Light Powered by Gravity

The notion that the planet is running out of energy resources is completely false. That is if we continue to develop innovations like this - a light powered by gravity:

The only problem is, technology like this will only be available on a mass scale is there is massive investment in the sector. While it's becoming more fashionable for VC funds, there's more money to be made investing in traditional energy sources (ie. fossil fuels). The answer? Sorry to all my free market friends - it's government. If private capital won't take the risk now, the market has to be created, and while the non profit sector can do a bit, governments have vast resources at their command and can change the structure of an economy literally over night. That's exactly what we need if we want a true green revolution -  an absolute necessity given the current state of the environment.