When NPR Finally Called the Election for Obama

You have to give it to the folks at NPR, they really do take their work seriously. They refused to project Obama as the winner when the major media networks all did, waiting until their own numbers confirmed it. Andy Carver, NPR’s senior manager for online communities told me that NPR usually agrees with the AP’s projections, but if it’s close, they use their own. Here’s a screen shot of NPR’s projection that came out at least 15 minutes after CNN, Fox etc, etc put theirs out:

More on the Banter:

Lance Armstrong: Screwed When He Lies, Screwed When He's Honest

Lance Armstrong: Screwed When He Lies, Screwed When He's Honest

The headlines circulating the internet today have totally stripped the 1995 context out of ArmstrongRead more...
Plus-Size Model Can Try Redefining 'Beauty' But She Can't Redefine 'Healthy'

Plus-Size Model Can Try Redefining 'Beauty' But She Can't Redefine 'Healthy'

The diversity of bodies shouldn't be encouraged if it's going to facilitate a diversity of physical Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

If this theory is accurate, it's difficult to point to another chapter in history when major billionRead more...
Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

When we revisit Friends on Netflix now that all ten seasons are available to stream -- looking at itRead more...
Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

One year later, he not only stands by the insult, but said in an interview that it was "too delicateRead more...