When NPR Finally Called the Election for Obama

You have to give it to the folks at NPR, they really do take their work seriously. They refused to project Obama as the winner when the major media networks all did, waiting until their own numbers confirmed it. Andy Carver, NPR’s senior manager for online communities told me that NPR usually agrees with the AP’s projections, but if it’s close, they use their own. Here’s a screen shot of NPR’s projection that came out at least 15 minutes after CNN, Fox etc, etc put theirs out:

MEMBERS ONLY: The After Party Podcast: Chez's New Music Countdown, Plus Bob's Embarrassing Old Radio Tapes and More

MEMBERS ONLY: The After Party Podcast: Chez's New Music Countdown, Plus Bob's Embarrassing Old Radio Tapes and More

Download the MP3 69 minutes, 29MB Not Safe For Work! This week: The Deejay Show: Chez's New MusicRead more...
Who Do I Root For, Mayweather the Woman-Beater or Pacquiao the Philandering Homophobe?

Who Do I Root For, Mayweather the Woman-Beater or Pacquiao the Philandering Homophobe?

So the fight of the millennium is going to happen tomorrow night. I enjoy boxing, mostly because I'mRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: What It's Like to Cover a Massive Freddie Gray Protest In New York

MEMBERS ONLY: What It's Like to Cover a Massive Freddie Gray Protest In New York

When I'm not writing for The Daily Banter, I have a day job writing news, commentary, and analysis fRead more...