The Fate Of The Entire World Is In Your Hands, America

Every four years the residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia get together to decide the fate of the world. We call it “voting for President” locally, but make no mistake – our minute in the polling booth resonates across every country on the face of the earth.

America is the sole superpower in the world. We have more influence over world events than anyone else. We have the most powerful military, and the strongest economy. When we make a decision like this it ripples around the world and back.

Don’t take this lightly. Not only does the future depend on your vote, but you owe the past a debt as well. America didn’t get here by accident. Sure, an ocean on each side helps, but the democratic selection of leaders and the peaceful transition of power are key to our continued strength. We matter to an extraordinary level.

There isn’t any doubt about who I support in this election. Like any human being, President Obama is flawed, but I truly believe he is a good man who is doing what is right for the country. We have emerged from the nearly decades-long darkness of the Bush administration, a collapse of leadership that harmed America’s economy and national security. Our most dangerous enemies are either dead or on their way there while the economy is recovering and the Bush recession is in retreat.

Obama’s administration has appointed people who believe in science, believe in data, and largely make key decisions that reflect those values. We don’t have polluters pushing pollution under the moniker of “healthy skies.” We don’t have an attorney general who won’t fight for civil rights. We have a vice president who believes in fighting for the working class, not one who thinks American soldiers aren’t worthy of honest decision making.

The Obama administration believes in the fundamentally American value of progress, while Romney and the people he would appoint believe in holding on to some of the worst ideas of the past in service of an increasingly narrow spectrum of America.

Progress made America great.

It’s why we chose democracy over monarchy, equality over injustice, and time and again – hope and courage over fear itself.

The decision each voting American makes will affect the lives of every man, woman, and child on planet earth. Every vote matters.

Voting is a civic duty, people died to give you that right. We’re Americans, and that’s pretty awesome.

Like The Daily Banter on Facebook!
  • MEMBERS ONLY: Inside The Obama White House's First Christmas

    MEMBERS ONLY: Inside The Obama White House's First Christmas

    Through never-before-seen photographs and video, Daily Banter White House correspondent Tommy Christ[Read more...]
    Why Obama Will Never Prosecute Dick Cheney Or Anyone Else For Torture

    Why Obama Will Never Prosecute Dick Cheney Or Anyone Else For Torture

    The New York Times dares to dream with a bold but sadly unrealistic editorial.[Read more...]
    The Ultimate Christmas Gift: A Banter Membership!

    The Ultimate Christmas Gift: A Banter Membership!

    With only three days to go till Christmas, the rush to buy shiny things for relatives they'll probab[Read more...]
    President Obama Condemns Killings Of Two NYPD Officers
    The Sony Story Once Again Proves That Hackers Are Absolutely Not "Young Online Activists"

    The Sony Story Once Again Proves That Hackers Are Absolutely Not "Young Online Activists"

    The skewing of Snowden's story into the utterly bizarre territory of defending and legitimizing hack[Read more...]
    • Christopher Foxx

      Justanotherrighty: if that were the plain and simple answer to the whole Fast and Furious issue, why has no one in the Administration just come out and say so?

      Gee, Frank. You mean a simple answer like “Yes, he was born in Hawaii. There was an announcement in the paper at that time and, oh, here’s his birth certificate”.

      If any plain and simple answer was presented (it was), what in the world would lead anyone to believe it would convince you of anything?

    • Zython

      And, Zython , I don’t care what you fucking think – when you do think, that is. Shove off, punk.

      Geeze, angry much? All I did was demonstrate why your points were wrong. Instead of coming up with counter-arguments, though, you just throw a temper tantrum. I’d say I’m disappointed in you, if I was expecting more than that.

      I read that Forbes story

      I trust that statement as far as I can throw it.

      because I wonder how they know something nobody else knows.

      It’s called journalism. It used to be practiced fairly regularly until News Corp and the 24-hour cable news cycle.

      But, more interestingly, did it ever occur to you, if that were the plain and simple answer to the whole Fast and Furious issue, why has no one in the Administration just come out and say so?

      Why do you care? It’s not like you would believe them.

    • oi ly
    • Justanotherrighty

      One thing I did want to say, Zython: I read that Forbes story. I always get a kick out of stories that begin “The Truth About _____” , because I wonder how they know something nobody else knows.
      But, more interestingly, did it ever occur to you, if that were the plain and simple answer to the whole Fast and Furious issue, why has no one in the Administration just come out and say so?
      Can you tell me that?
      No?
      That’s what I fuckin’ thought!

    • oi ly

      “I am not referring to FOX News … I am referring to Jim Geraghty, George Will and Michael Barone. Look it up yourself; I am not your servant.”

      I looked them up and there is almost no difference between your fab three and Dick Morris. Just more wishful thinking, as far as I can discern.

      Benghazi, the myth –

      http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/11/02/1128831/new-details-discredit-fox-news-benghazi/?mobile=nc

      • Justanotherrighty

        soph ist, you idiot. If A predicts a landslide, and B predicts a landslide, and then C, D, and E, predict a landslide, OF COURSE there’s no difference between them ! How many kinds of results can there be?
        If any one is involved in wishful thinking, it’s you lefties who have been so busy watching MSNBC and reading the New York Times, you have not been watching the candidates and their campaigns. It’s Obama / Biden that are running to states they thought were in the bag, and Romney / Ryan that are stealing states from the “front runners”.

        300 Electoral votes for Romney tomorrow, and popular votes to match.
        I have said it’s 1980 all over again; Tammy Bruce says it’s 1984 all over again !!

      • oi ly

        “soph ist, you idiot. If A predicts a landslide, and B predicts a landslide, and then C, D, and E, predict a landslide, OF COURSE there’s no difference between them ! How many kinds of results can there be?”

        Narrow victory results?

    • Justanotherrighty

      I am not referring to FOX News … I am referring to Jim Geraghty, George Will and Michael Barone. Look it up yourself; I am not your servant.
      When Obama knew exactly where bin Laden was, and the way was clear to take him out, he waited 16 days to make the decision to do so, because the female Rasputin told him he might suffer politically if the mission failed. When he finally made his “bold decision”, he sent a telegram to the Admiral in charge of the mission which informed that he was to assess the situation and do what needed to be done. In other words, “If this doesn’t work out, you’re falling on your sword,” Look it up …
      Employment is rising? You mean from absolutely fucking awful to absolutely awful ? One and a half cheers for His Majestyness.
      Finally, let me ask you something, db: Do you believe that there was a spontaneous demonstration in Benghazi, Libya because of a 15 minute YouTube skit that had less than a hundred views?
      Do you believe that no one in the State Department in Washington , AND no one in the White House knew exactly what was happening while it was happening?
      Do you believe that there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that could have been to ameliorate that situation that very night?
      Do you?
      Well, I don’t…

      • enlightened liberal

        Wrong. Geez, Frankie, can you just get something right once in your life? You’re “facts” only prove that you’re living on a different planet than the rest of us who have brain activity.

      • db

        Hey Frank,

        We’ve put our predictions down a few threads ago. You want to go there & give us how you get WMR to 300 EV?

        “db: Do you believe that there was a spontaneous demonstration in Benghazi, Libya because of a 15 minute YouTube skit that had less than a hundred views?”

        Do you want to argue that an internet sensation can be made of a posting where the original was not viewed? Not that I buy the 100 figure; but it’s irrelevant when the call goes out “Do you know what THEY did?”

        “Do you believe that no one in the State Department in Washington , AND no one in the White House knew exactly what was happening while it was happening?”

        Strictly for myself I would point out that it takes time to collect information & process what is occurring. I’d answer yes. When something happens in Benghazi at a set time; it is not immediately known in DC. You want to provide us a timeline with times in Benghazi local & EDT?

        “Do you believe that there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that could have been to ameliorate that situation that very night?
        Do you?
        Well, I don’t…”

        Give us the benefit of your great wisdom. WWJB? (Who Would Jesus Bomb)

    • Justanotherrighty

      No one is predicting an easy win for Obama , but there are very intelligent predictions of a Romney landslide, Add to that the notion of a liberally slanted press unwilling or unable to predict an unfavorable outcome for their BFF Obama, I am going to say that Romney will win.
      And NOT because I want him to !

      Voting is not a duty. Obama is the worst President in my memory, not because I disagree with him – of course I do – but because, as Dennis Miller pointed out, he stinks at being President.
      Let’s just look at three things:
      1) Osama bin Laden has been a totem for everything we hate and fear about what happened pn 9/11/2001. So, when the President has it in his power to bump him off, he waits two weeks to push the button, and hands the ball off to an Admiral, on the advice of the female Cardinal Richilieu known as Valerie Jarrett.
      2) The American people have always judged the health of economy by employment – I don’t know exactly why, but they have. You’d think they should judge it by production or exports or sales, but they don’t. So, Obama, faced with an awful unemployment figure when he takes office, throws $800 Million at the problem. When that doesn’t work, he moves on, and proceeds to spend 18 months jamming a bill down America’s throat that no one wants or even understands.
      3) In the case of Fast and Furious and Benghazi, he and his administration have hemmed and hawed, stonewalled, obfuscated and outright lied to prevent us from knowing the truth. This they have done purely for political purposes.

      The Emperor has no clothes.

      • enlightened liberal

        1. Your guy waited 8 years. And failed.
        2. The stimulus worked. People like Obamacare now that they can see what it entails rather than being fed lies by RW media.
        3. No one cares and there is no truth to anything you said there.

        Oh and earlier ” but there are very intelligent predictions of a Romney landslide,”

        Name one. Show your work.
        Hope you saved some money from your government check last Thursday, there are a lot of hurricane survivors that need hot meals provided by the money you have agreed to pay when you lose your bet. 300 EV for Romney. We’ll see.

        • oi ly

          “Name one. Show your work.”

          I’m just guessing, bet it’s Old Dicky –

          “Dick Morris appeared on a special Sunday broadcast of FOX News’ “On the Record” with host Greta van Susteren to reaffirm his prediction that Mitt Romney will win Tuesday’s presidential election in a landslide. Morris discussed the states he believes Romney will win and the number of electoral votes he predicts the Republican candidate will end up with.

          Morris says Romney will capture 325 electoral votes while Obama will get 213, a significant difference.

          “It will be the biggest surprise in recent American political history,” Morris said. “It will rekindle the whole question on why the media played this race as a nailbiter where in fact Romney’s going to win by quite a bit.”

          Morris tells van Susteren pollsters are oversampling Democrats and says a poll that claims Obama is up 3, really means Romney is winning by 4.

          Morris says Ohio is overrated and Romney can lose the state and still win the election. However, Morris predicts Romney will indeed win the state.”

          • enlightened liberal

            Dick Morris has R-Money up by 4 when even “unskewed polls” has R-Money up by only 3. Clueless.

            • oi ly

              “Clueless.”

              True, and somehow he still manages to make a living.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Justanotherrighty: but there are very intelligent predictions of a Romney landslide

        No, there are not. Fox News declarations are not “intelligent” predictions. They are simply their continued efforts to convince those of little intellect that the world is as it isn’t.

        Obama is the worst President in my memory

        So you’re saying your memory only goes back 3 years. Got it.

        So, when the President has it in his power to bump him off, he waits two weeks to push the button

        Yeah. It would have been better bin Laded was something he just was just “truly not that concerned about“.

        (Since you don’t remember him, I’ll point out for you, Frank, that that’s George Bush. The guy who was President before Obama and didn’t bother to go after bin Laden for nearly 8 years.)

        In the case of Fast and Furious and Benghazi, he and his administration have hemmed and hawed, stonewalled, obfuscated and outright lied to prevent us from knowing the truth.

        I’m not agreeing that that’s the case, but I do find it interesting that you hold such scorn for those who lie. So explain to us again how you manage to support Romney and Ryan?

      • db

        Frank,

        Your money is down. Romney landslide you win.

        1. President Obama didn’t kill Osama fast enough? You really want to make that argument?

        2. Employment is rising. but once again Outsourcing Romney is hardly the one to make the argument.

        3. Again I’m not sure of the argument you’re making. A “Terrorist Act” is not an “Act of Terror?” Arw you surprised that in the early hours of an event there is confusion & conflicting reports?

      • Zython

        And NOT because I want him to !

        Well, it’s certainly not because of the numbers, either.

        but because, as Dennis Miller pointed out, he stinks at being President.

        I see that when you claimed that humor was an illegitimate form of political expression, you were only referring to good humor.

        1) Osama bin Laden has been a totem for everything we hate and fear about what happened pn 9/11/2001. So, when the President has it in his power to bump him off, he waits two weeks to push the button, and hands the ball off to an Admiral, on the advice of the female Cardinal Richilieu known as Valerie Jarrett.

        1. Bush didn’t seem to care all that much about facing this “totem for everything we hate and fear about what happened pn 9/11/2001″.

        2. If the raid had been botched, would you have blamed Obama? Before you answer, think carefully about your reaction to the Iranian Hostage Crisis 32 years ago.

        3. You’re objection is that he took advice from a woman?! Oh noes!

        2) The American people have always judged the health of economy by employment – I don’t know exactly why, but they have. You’d think they should judge it by production or exports or sales, but they don’t. So, Obama, faced with an awful unemployment figure when he takes office, throws $800 Million at the problem. When that doesn’t work, he moves on, and proceeds to spend 18 months jamming a bill down America’s throat that no one wants or even understands.

        1. TARP was passed by Bush, not Obama.

        2. As I’ve stated before, corporate profits are at an all-time high, not to mention that the stock market has gone up back to what it was since before 2008. So tell me, with corporations doing better than ever, why would unemployment go down with Romney’s plan of giving corporations more free money?

        3. Health care reform was one of the major planks of Obama’s 2008 platform. Those that were blindsided by it were either not paying attention (e.g. you), or were lying about it in order to muddy the issue (e.g. you).

        3) In the case of Fast and Furious and Benghazi, he and his administration have hemmed and hawed, stonewalled, obfuscated and outright lied to prevent us from knowing the truth. This they have done purely for political purposes.

        Have you ever considered the possibility that these events involved sensitive information in regards to security & intelligence? Because that’s certainly the case here.

        Now that we’ve seen that your objections to Obama aren’t based on anything he’s actually said or done, care to explain your real reasons? Since you’re not going to respond to this, allow me by concluding with:

        That’s what I fucking thought.

        • Justanotherrighty

          I guess I can employ a liberal tactic , and say, “Think Progress? Are you kidding?”
          Oh, and EL, what’s the matter with you? You say “Wrong”, and that settles it? Who the hell are you ?

          And, Zython , I don’t care what you fucking think – when you do think, that is. Shove off, punk.

          • enlightened liberal

            Who am I? I’m someone who has functioning brain cells. I try not to waste them arguing with fools.

      • Zython

        Also, here’s some recommended reading about Fast & Furious.

    • SaveFarris

      you owe the past a debt.

      You’d be remiss not to point out that, thanks to Obama, we now owe an “unAmerican and unPatriotic” level of debt to the future as well.

      —–“But, But, But Bush did it!!!”, you say. Except not as much, and in more than twice the time. But hey: if you wanna make that your campaign slogan, feel free:

      Obama 2012: Just Barely Better than History’s Worst Monster (except not really) and Change!!!

      Personaly, I don’t think it’s as appealing as you think. We’ll know soon enough…

      • enlightened liberal

        Wrong.

    • Buzz Killington

      Ok, this was a fine pep rally post until you added “We don’t have an attorney general who won’t fight for civil rights.” Of all the things you can praise Obama for, you include civil rights as a strength of a President that established a secret kill list, has assassinated US citizens without any judicial process, and accepted authorization to indefinitely detain us even inside the US? Did I just get trolled?

      • Zython

        Of all the things you can praise Obama for, you include civil rights as a strength of a President that established a secret kill list, has assassinated US citizens without any judicial process, and accepted authorization to indefinitely detain us even inside the US?

        You had your chance to object to this stuff 10 years ago. That ship sailed.

        • Buzz Killington

          And now look who sits silent. I opened my eyes and saw that I was foolish before, letting fear lead my judgement. It seems you all have closed yours; what’s your excuse?

    • db

      It has been said always that the current election is the most important EVER. Perhaps this is right because tomorrow is the only election upon which we can have an impact.

      In this election WMR seems to have made a conscious effort to reverse Barry Goldwater & offer America “An Echo not a Choice”.

      With respect to Ms. Brewster above, WMR’s positions are flexible. They are what you want them to be. He’s never repudiated anything.

      There’s nigh on infinite money behind him.

      Will it work?