Republicans say Rice Must Testify on Benghazi Statements

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From Reuters:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Republican U.S. lawmakers turned up the heat on Sunday on Susan Rice, saying the U.N. ambassador – seen as a possible nominee to replace Hillary Clinton as secretary of state – must testify before Congress on her remarks after the September attack that killed the American envoy to Libya.

Two influential Senate Republicans, John McCain and Lindsey Graham, did not back down on Sunday from their vow made last week to oppose any attempt by President Barack Obama to put Rice into a Cabinet position that would require Senate confirmation.

“She has a lot of explaining to do. I am curious why she has not repudiated these remarks,” McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services committee, said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” program.

Obama last Thursday warned Republicans that if they had a problem with the U.S. handling of the Benghazi attack in Libya to “go after me” rather than picking on Rice.

McCain said he wished the president would not waste time getting mad at him but instead spend the time finding out what happened in Libya and how could it be prevented in the future.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Like The Daily Banter on Facebook!
  • It Would Have Been Nice If the NYT Demanded We Prosecute Dick Cheney When It Mattered

    It Would Have Been Nice If the NYT Demanded We Prosecute Dick Cheney When It Mattered

    The New York Times finally thinks Cheney should stand trial for torture. Too bad it's a decade late [Read more...]
    NBC Nightly News Wants To Know Why More Doctors Aren't Prescribing Prayer

    NBC Nightly News Wants To Know Why More Doctors Aren't Prescribing Prayer

    Yes, NBC News, why AREN'T more doctors recommending prayer to their patients?[Read more...]
    Picture of the Day: Have Yourself an Inclusive, Socially Aware Little Wintertime Holiday

    Picture of the Day: Have Yourself an Inclusive, Socially Aware Little Wintertime Holiday

    Don't be dreaming of a white privilege Christmas this year.[Read more...]
    Reagan-Appointed Judge Destroys GOP's Anti-Abortion Law In Unanimous Opinion

    Reagan-Appointed Judge Destroys GOP's Anti-Abortion Law In Unanimous Opinion

    Judge says the law creates an "embarrassing spectacle."[Read more...]
    What Is The Daily Banter? Part 2: Your Inside Outsiders

    What Is The Daily Banter? Part 2: Your Inside Outsiders

    As part of an ongoing series, every writer at The Daily Banter will be penning an essay titled ‘What[Read more...]