Obama Calls ‘Benghazi Gate’ Attacks on Susan Rice ‘Outrageous’

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From TPM:

President Obama on Wednesday defended Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and a possible replacement for Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, against criticism from Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on the Benghazi attacks in Libya.

“If Sen. McCain and Sen. Graham want to go after somebody, they should go after me,” Obama told reporters at the White House. “I’m happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador? Who had nothing to do with Benghazi? To besmirch her reputation? It’s outrageous.”

He further added that if the senators are going after Rice “because they think she’s an easy target,” “[t]hen they’ve got a problem with me.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: The GOP's Budget Isn't About Saving Money. It's About Inflicting Pain

MEMBERS ONLY: The GOP's Budget Isn't About Saving Money. It's About Inflicting Pain

What is fiscal conservatism? Officially, it's the language of serious-minded politicians everywheRead more...
The Real Meaning and Context of Homosexuality in the Bible and the Ancient World

The Real Meaning and Context of Homosexuality in the Bible and the Ancient World

(Image: The Apostle Paul) For the better part of a week now, it's been frustratingly accepted thaRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: To Boldly Go Where WhiteHouse.gov Dares Not!

MEMBERS ONLY: To Boldly Go Where WhiteHouse.gov Dares Not!

Happy Monday, my faithful Banterduckens, and welcome to this week's Members Only visit to the White Read more...