Obama Calls ‘Benghazi Gate’ Attacks on Susan Rice ‘Outrageous’

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From TPM:

President Obama on Wednesday defended Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and a possible replacement for Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, against criticism from Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on the Benghazi attacks in Libya.

“If Sen. McCain and Sen. Graham want to go after somebody, they should go after me,” Obama told reporters at the White House. “I’m happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador? Who had nothing to do with Benghazi? To besmirch her reputation? It’s outrageous.”

He further added that if the senators are going after Rice “because they think she’s an easy target,” “[t]hen they’ve got a problem with me.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Fox and Friends: Obama's Plan for Free College is a Terrible Idea Because College Sucks

Fox and Friends: Obama's Plan for Free College is a Terrible Idea Because College Sucks

This is exactly the same incomprehensible flanking maneuver used by Erick Erickson when we tweeted tRead more...
Good Christian Sarah Palin Poses With 'Fuc_ You Michael Moore' Crosshairs Sign

Good Christian Sarah Palin Poses With 'Fuc_ You Michael Moore' Crosshairs Sign

Posing with a fanboi at the SHOT show in Las Vegas, Sarah Palin apparently wants liberal filmmaker MRead more...
White House Spokesman Zings Tom Brady Over #Deflategate Press Conference

White House Spokesman Zings Tom Brady Over #Deflategate Press Conference

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest observed that, as a press spokesman, Tom Brady is a pretty Read more...
Let's Not Forget That Ally King Abdullah Was a Very Bad Person

Let's Not Forget That Ally King Abdullah Was a Very Bad Person

Even though he was an ally of the U.S., Saudi Arabia's late King Abdullah was also a bastard.Read more...
Ignorant Anti-Vaxxers Brought Measles To Disneyland (and the Rest of Southern California)

Ignorant Anti-Vaxxers Brought Measles To Disneyland (and the Rest of Southern California)

It's the year 2015 and Southern California still doesn't qualify as the Third World, regardless of wRead more...