Obama Calls ‘Benghazi Gate’ Attacks on Susan Rice ‘Outrageous’

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From TPM:

President Obama on Wednesday defended Susan Rice, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and a possible replacement for Hillary Clinton as secretary of state, against criticism from Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on the Benghazi attacks in Libya.

“If Sen. McCain and Sen. Graham want to go after somebody, they should go after me,” Obama told reporters at the White House. “I’m happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador? Who had nothing to do with Benghazi? To besmirch her reputation? It’s outrageous.”

He further added that if the senators are going after Rice “because they think she’s an easy target,” “[t]hen they’ve got a problem with me.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: The Bob & Chez Show After Party: Greenwald, Citizenfour, and the Oscars

MEMBERS ONLY: The Bob & Chez Show After Party: Greenwald, Citizenfour, and the Oscars

Download the MP3 64 minutes, 25MB Not Safe For Work! This week: Chez's New Music Countdown, FebRead more...
White House Does Not Find Bibi Netanyahu's Bad Cop Act Helpful

White House Does Not Find Bibi Netanyahu's Bad Cop Act Helpful

On the eve of his big speech before Congress, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu addressed AIRead more...
Stephen Colbert Discusses His Favorite Things About Being Catholic (VIDEO)

Stephen Colbert Discusses His Favorite Things About Being Catholic (VIDEO)

One of the many things I admire about Stephen Colbert is that in spite of the anti-religion and vocaRead more...