Happy Thanksgiving, From The Daily Banter

On behalf of everyone here at The Daily Banter, including Chez Pazienza, Oliver Willis and especially our esteemed publisher Ben Cohen, I’d like to extend to you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. We couldn’t do this without your support and your smart, insightful comments.

It’s been a wild year and an even wilder month. In a political sense, we have much to be thankful for, considering the positive outcome of the election — and not just at the presidential level. It was a campaign that helped to reinforce human rights and dignity for so many Americans and will ultimately lead to a better and more prosperous America.

To that end, perhaps take a moment to consider those who are still struggling: either with the consequences of Hurricane Sandy, or with the ongoing fallout from the recession, or with the basic acquisition of life’s necessities: food, healthcare and shelter.

Donate to the American Red Cross here.

Donate to Planned Parenthood here.

Donate to Habitat for Humanity here.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!
Bob Cesca
Editor, The Daily Banter

White House Shuts Down Suggestion That Mideast Should 'Depend' On U.S. To Fight ISIS

White House Shuts Down Suggestion That Mideast Should 'Depend' On U.S. To Fight ISIS

The drumbeat for (more) ground troops in the war with ISIS has resulted in some strange bedfellows, Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: A President Walks Into a Helicopter....

MEMBERS ONLY: A President Walks Into a Helicopter....

Happy Monday, Banterers, and welcome to this week's Members Only column, in which you will learn, foRead more...
This Year's CPAC Speakers: Three Generations of Stupid

This Year's CPAC Speakers: Three Generations of Stupid

Sadly, the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference is over. And while none of the speakers useRead more...