Bill O'Reilly's Severe Cognitive Dissonance

In an astonishing segment on his show, Bill O'Reilly goes on a rant about 'far Left' elements in America that can only be described as an epic bout of cognitive dissonance. The segment starts with O'Reilly plays a clip of himself pre-election stating that:

"20 years ago, President Obama would be roundly defeated by an establishment candidate like Mitt Romney. The white establishment is now the minority. And the voters, many of them, feel that this economic system is stacked against them, and they want stuff. You're going to see a tremendous Hispanic vote for President Obama, overwhelming black vote for Obama, and women will probably break President Obama's way".

O'Reilly then argues that the Leftist media spun his words to make him look like a white supremacist. Of course, O'Reilly doesn't explain what he meant by "They want stuff", and goes on to accuse the extreme Left of a witch hunt. Hilariously, O'Reilly argues that there are 'Entire media operations that exist solely to promote ideology' - a statement so brilliantly hypocritical, it can only be described as Orwellian. I lost the will to watch any more after that one (when I stopped he was bringing out Alan Colmes to provide the Leftist perspective), but you can check out the segment below to get the gist of it:

Enhanced by Zemanta