Vice President Biden Dominates Debate

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From The AP:

DANVILLE, Ky. (AP) — At odds early and often, Joe Biden and Republican Paul Ryan squabbled over the economy, taxes, Medicare and more Thursday night in a contentious, interruption-filled debate. “That is a bunch of malarkey,” the vice president retorted after a particularly tough Ryan attack on the administration’s foreign policy.

“I know you’re under a lot of duress to make up for lost ground, but I think people would be better served if we don’t interrupt each other,” Ryan said later to his rival, referring to Democratic pressure on Biden to make up for President Barack Obama’s listless performance in last week’s debate with Mitt Romney.

There was nothing listless this time as the 69-year-old Biden sat next to the 42-year old Wisconsin congressman on a stage at Centre College in Kentucky.

Enhanced by Zemanta

The Truth Behind a San Francisco TV Station's Surprise On-Air Obscenity Is Utterly Depressing

The Truth Behind a San Francisco TV Station's Surprise On-Air Obscenity Is Utterly Depressing

Maybe the most soul-crushing moment in the career of anyone who works in local TV news comes when heRead more...
Ted Cruz's Poll Numbers Prove Mendacity and Doublespeak Work

Ted Cruz's Poll Numbers Prove Mendacity and Doublespeak Work

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), you magnificent bastard. After a disastrous first week of his presidential camRead more...
'Religious Freedom' Is a Perfect Campaign Issue For 2016

'Religious Freedom' Is a Perfect Campaign Issue For 2016

In one of the most stunning cases of socially conservative overreach in political memory, Indiana's Read more...