Vice President Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan Suit Up for Veep Debate

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From Reuters:

DANVILLE, Kentucky (Reuters) – With the Republicans grabbing the momentum in a shifting White House race, Vice President Joe Biden will look to recover some ground and ease Democratic worries on Thursday in a high-stakes debate against Republican challenger Paul Ryan.

Mitt Romney’s steady climb in polls since President Barack Obama’s poor performance in last week’s first debate has raised the importance of the vice presidential showdown, which is rarely a critical event in White House campaigns.

This time it comes at a critical juncture, with Romney enjoying one of his best weeks of the campaign and Obama suffering the fallout from his passive performance four weeks before the November 6 election.

“This has turned into a legitimate high-stakes debate because the ground has shifted so profoundly on the Democrats,” said Cal Jillson, a political scientist at Southern Methodist University in Texas.

“Biden at least has to hold his own so panic doesn’t set in for Democrats,” he said. “They don’t want to lose two in a row.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

Dear George Bush, Kindly F*ck Off and Leave Foreign Policy to the Grown Ups

Dear George Bush, Kindly F*ck Off and Leave Foreign Policy to the Grown Ups

Dear George Bush, It has come to our attention that you have been expressing views on foreign polRead more...
White House and Fox News Reporter Spar Over George W. Bush's Anti-Obama Comments

White House and Fox News Reporter Spar Over George W. Bush's Anti-Obama Comments

Former President George W. Bush made headlines this weekend when remarks he made at a closed-door meRead more...
Harrowing Road Rage Attack on Bike Rider Caught on Video

Harrowing Road Rage Attack on Bike Rider Caught on Video

As Summer rolls around and bike riders like me begin to wedge ourselves into our ill-fitting, garishRead more...