Republican Candidate for U.S. Senate Says Rape is “Something That God Intended”

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From Huff Post:

WASHINGTON — Indiana GOP U.S. Senate candidate Richard Mourdock declared Tuesday night he opposes aborting pregnancies conceived in rape because “it is something that God intended to happen.”

Debating Rep. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) in their final Senate race showdown, a questioner asked them and Libertarian candidate Andrew Horning to explain their views on abortion. […]

“The only exception I have to have an abortion is in the case of the life of the mother,” said Mourdock, the Tea Party-backed state treasurer. “I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” […]

UPDATE: 10:20 p.m. — GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has endorsed Mourdock and supports him in a campaign ad that began running in Indiana on Tuesday, took issue with Mourdock’s abortion comments, a spokeswoman said.

“Gov. Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock’s comments, and they do not reflect his views,” Romney campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

We have officially reached the point in which Republican presidential candidates no longer even put Read more...
Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

If you've been on your computer or watched cable news in the past 24 hours, you probably know who BrRead more...