Republican Candidate for U.S. Senate Says Rape is “Something That God Intended”

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From Huff Post:

WASHINGTON — Indiana GOP U.S. Senate candidate Richard Mourdock declared Tuesday night he opposes aborting pregnancies conceived in rape because “it is something that God intended to happen.”

Debating Rep. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) in their final Senate race showdown, a questioner asked them and Libertarian candidate Andrew Horning to explain their views on abortion. […]

“The only exception I have to have an abortion is in the case of the life of the mother,” said Mourdock, the Tea Party-backed state treasurer. “I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” […]

UPDATE: 10:20 p.m. — GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has endorsed Mourdock and supports him in a campaign ad that began running in Indiana on Tuesday, took issue with Mourdock’s abortion comments, a spokeswoman said.

“Gov. Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock’s comments, and they do not reflect his views,” Romney campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Fox and Friends: Obama's Plan for Free College is a Terrible Idea Because College Sucks

Fox and Friends: Obama's Plan for Free College is a Terrible Idea Because College Sucks

This is exactly the same incomprehensible flanking maneuver used by Erick Erickson when we tweeted tRead more...
Good Christian Sarah Palin Poses With 'Fuc_ You Michael Moore' Crosshairs Sign

Good Christian Sarah Palin Poses With 'Fuc_ You Michael Moore' Crosshairs Sign

Posing with a fanboi at the SHOT show in Las Vegas, Sarah Palin apparently wants liberal filmmaker MRead more...
White House Spokesman Zings Tom Brady Over #Deflategate Press Conference

White House Spokesman Zings Tom Brady Over #Deflategate Press Conference

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest observed that, as a press spokesman, Tom Brady is a pretty Read more...
Let's Not Forget That Ally King Abdullah Was a Very Bad Person

Let's Not Forget That Ally King Abdullah Was a Very Bad Person

Even though he was an ally of the U.S., Saudi Arabia's late King Abdullah was also a bastard.Read more...
Ignorant Anti-Vaxxers Brought Measles To Disneyland (and the Rest of Southern California)

Ignorant Anti-Vaxxers Brought Measles To Disneyland (and the Rest of Southern California)

It's the year 2015 and Southern California still doesn't qualify as the Third World, regardless of wRead more...