Republican Candidate for U.S. Senate Says Rape is “Something That God Intended”

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From Huff Post:

WASHINGTON — Indiana GOP U.S. Senate candidate Richard Mourdock declared Tuesday night he opposes aborting pregnancies conceived in rape because “it is something that God intended to happen.”

Debating Rep. Joe Donnelly (D-Ind.) in their final Senate race showdown, a questioner asked them and Libertarian candidate Andrew Horning to explain their views on abortion. […]

“The only exception I have to have an abortion is in the case of the life of the mother,” said Mourdock, the Tea Party-backed state treasurer. “I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize life is that gift from God. I think that even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen.” […]

UPDATE: 10:20 p.m. — GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has endorsed Mourdock and supports him in a campaign ad that began running in Indiana on Tuesday, took issue with Mourdock’s abortion comments, a spokeswoman said.

“Gov. Romney disagrees with Richard Mourdock’s comments, and they do not reflect his views,” Romney campaign spokeswoman Andrea Saul said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Best Of Banter: GOP Govs Don't Care, Chuck C. Johnson's Still a Douche, and Bill O'Reilly's Most Bizarre Lie Yet

Best Of Banter: GOP Govs Don't Care, Chuck C. Johnson's Still a Douche, and Bill O'Reilly's Most Bizarre Lie Yet

Here's the week that was, at Banter. Republican Govs Don’t Give a Shit They’re Blowing Holes In TRead more...
White House Reacts To Chris Christie's 'Shut Up' Comments at CPAC

White House Reacts To Chris Christie's 'Shut Up' Comments at CPAC

One of the many ways in which New Jersey Governor and Republican presidential candidick Chris ChristRead more...
Rand Paul Provides Dumbest Blue Print Ever to Beat Hillary in 2016

Rand Paul Provides Dumbest Blue Print Ever to Beat Hillary in 2016

The biggest mistake Hillary Clinton made, and I think this will be an albatross over her neck for thRead more...