President Obama: Mitt Romney Suffers from ‘Romnesia’

President Obama in Fairfax, Virginia.

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From TPM:

Flanked by a mosaic of hundreds of female supporters, President Obama delivered his sharpest attack yet on Mitt Romney’s record on women’s rights during a rally Friday at George Mason University in the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.

Obama described Romney’s recent behavior, which included a (brief) flirtation with renouncing abortion-related legislation and ongoing confusion over his position on the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, as symptomatic of a dangerous illness.

“We’ve got to name this condition that he’s going through,” Obama said. “I think it’s called Romnesia.”

He continued: “If you say you’re for equal pay for equal work, but you keep refusing to sign a bill that protects equal pay for equal work, you might have Romnesia,” Obama said.

The crowd saw where this was going. As he moved on with other examples on abortion, contraception, and taxes, they began chanting the new buzzword before he could even finish his sentence.

Enhanced by Zemanta