Obama Sinks Romney’s Battleship

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From Reuters:

President Obama and Gov. Romney clashed in an exchange about the size of the U.S. military in what may end up being the signature dialogue of the third debate.

“Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917,” Romney said. “The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We’re now at under 285…We’re headed down to the low 200s if we go through a sequestration. That’s unacceptable to me.”

Romney also said the U.S. Air Force is “older and smaller” than at any time since its first flew in 1947 and that the U.S. has begun to move away from its traditional stance of being able to simultaneously fight wars on two fronts.

“I think Governor Romney maybe hasn’t spent enough time looking at how our military works,” Obama said, beginning a sharp assault on Romney’s foreign policy knowledge.

“You mentioned the Navy, for example, and that we have fewer ships than we did in 1916. Well, Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military’s changed. We have these things called aircraft carriers, where planes land on them. We have these ships that go underwater, nuclear submarines.

“And so the question is not a game of Battleship,” Obama continued, “where we’re counting ships. It’s what are our capabilities.”

Enhanced by Zemanta

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

We have officially reached the point in which Republican presidential candidates no longer even put Read more...
Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

Britt McHenry Would've Gotten Off Easier Had She Choked Someone To Death On Video

If you've been on your computer or watched cable news in the past 24 hours, you probably know who BrRead more...