Leading Into the Second Debate, Romney’s Bounce Ends

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From Reuters:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama retained a slim lead over Republican challenger Mitt Romney in the Reuters/Ipsos daily tracking poll on Monday, as he appeared to have stemmed the bleeding from his poor first debate.

Three weeks before the November 6 U.S. election, Obama leads Romney by 2 percentage points, with 47 percent support from likely voters in the national online poll, to 45 percent support for Romney.

The margin was small enough to be a virtual tie, but Obama’s slight edge broadened from Sunday, when he went ahead of Romney by 1 point after falling behind in the wake of Romney’s decisive victory in their first presidential debate on October 3.

“Romney received a bump from that first debate, but the very nature of a bump is it recedes again,” Ipsos vice president Julia Clark said. “We’re now seeing Obama regaining a little bit of a foothold as we go into the second debate. They go into the debate on equal footing.”

The two men meet again on Tuesday night at New York’s Hofstra University in a debate that Obama needs to win to grab back the campaign momentum. The third debate is set for October 22 in Boca Raton, Florida.

Obama’s support in the new Reuters/Ipsos survey was particularly strong among the 10 percent of registered voters who have already cast their ballots. Fifty-five percent said they voted for the Democrat, compared to 43 percent for his Republican challenger.

Enhanced by Zemanta

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

MEMBERS ONLY: The Real Reason Why Anti-Obamacare CEOs Are Allegedly Cutting Employee Hours

If this theory is accurate, it's difficult to point to another chapter in history when major billionRead more...
Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

When we revisit Friends on Netflix now that all ten seasons are available to stream -- looking at itRead more...
Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

One year later, he not only stands by the insult, but said in an interview that it was "too delicateRead more...
Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Ever notice how some people on TV call the Super Bowl the "Big Game?" The popular understanding is Read more...
Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee Who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee Who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Given that it was such a sad and desperate act, it would be nice to be able to say that Phillip PereRead more...