Breaking News: Mitt Romney Likes Cute Puppies

cute puppy

After several days of doing research, interviewing sources and writing up the two pieces we put out on Mitt Romney's hidden fortune (part 1 here, and part 2 here), we received a fair amount of traffic on the site. The two pieces we put out generated in excess of 3000 views which isn't too bad.

However, given youtube videos titled "i are cute kitten" generate over 42 million views and posts about Paris Hilton's breasts become headline news around the world, 3000 hits for a considerable amount of research and effort (intricate financial data doesn't exactly come easily to me), made me feel a little hard done by.

Anyhow, I was discussing this with a friend today and I explained I would probably generate more traffic if I put a headline up like "Mitt Romney Likes Cute Puppies". It would of course be completely misleading as we don't know whether Romney does like cute puppies (given he strapped his dog to the roof of his car for a 12 hour journey, he may well not), but I thought I'd run the experiment to see what would happen anyway.

I'm hoping when I go into the site stats later tonight that the majority of traffic comes from search and not from our core readers (seriously Banter readers, if you're reading this, shame on you...), but it will prove my point if we generate a decent amount of traffic. This post took approximately 15 minutes to write and post as compared to three solid days for the serious pieces (or 96 x longer), so as a rough estimate it should only generate 31.25 page views.

Let's see what happens....

Enhanced by Zemanta