Banter Readers Weigh in on What Obama Needs to do Tonight: Give Andrew Sullivan Valium

Andrew Sullivan: Prone to take these things a little personally....

We put out a message on our Facebook group asking readers to weigh in with their opinions on what President Obama needs to do tonight in order to stop the surging Romney. Here’s our pick, including the winner Frederic Poag, in bold:

(And if you’re not a fan of us on Facebook, you should be as you’ll get all the latest news from the Banter on your feed and be able to interact with us directly. Here’s the link!).

Standing up for his accomplishments might be a good start. Not blithely accepting Republican talking points as the gospel truth would be another. And he needs to bring pie, lots of pie.
– Steve Denton

He should be a little more like Joe Biden and deflect the Gish Gallop technique that Romney used on him last time. With a little less laughter of course. Dismiss the bullshit immediately and bring up his record. Be more assertive. It’s politics, we want to see him roll his sleeves up and smack that arrogant Mitt-wit down. The best defense is a prepared offense.
– Paul Meijer
All he has to do is question Nitwitt and his lackeys agenda

-Steve Batts

I think he should come out with a flying bicycle kick like lui kang, then mitt will probably counter with his tsang shung power to transform from conservative to moderate right before people eyes. That is when Obama has to get the upper cut in fast and follow up with a fireball to mitts lying throat.
-Jared Taylor

Give Andrew Sullivan some red wine and a valium 30 minutes prior to the start of the debate.

-Frederic Poag - (WINNER!)

Obama needs to expose all of the Romney lies and his hatred of the Middle Class & Working Poor and Women and Unions….

-Mark Aromando

——

Don’t forget to tune into our live blog of the debate here on The Daily Banter at 9pm ET/6pm PT!!!

Enhanced by Zemanta

More on the Banter:

Angry Old John McCain Throws Those "Low-Life Scum" Hippies Off His Lawn

Angry Old John McCain Throws Those "Low-Life Scum" Hippies Off His Lawn

If you missed Vietnam, you could see it reenacted on Capitol Hill Thursday afternoon.Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Confessions Of a Disillusioned Politics Junkie

MEMBERS ONLY: Confessions Of a Disillusioned Politics Junkie

Politics is fun to watch, but it's hard not to feel hopelessly detached.Read more...
Shock in the Blogosphere as Andrew Sullivan Shuts Down the Dish

Shock in the Blogosphere as Andrew Sullivan Shuts Down the Dish

The blogosphere was in a state of shock last night as pioneer blogger Andrew Sullivan, almost compleRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Sam Smith Sounds Like Tom Petty Because There's No Way To Do a Truly Original Song Anymore

MEMBERS ONLY: Sam Smith Sounds Like Tom Petty Because There's No Way To Do a Truly Original Song Anymore

I think there's actually another reason a song recorded in the year 2014 by a British guy who soundsRead more...
Best of Banter: Sarah Palin Got Crazier, 'Friends' Was Racist, and Ted Nugent Is Still An Asshole