While Blasting ‘Obama Debt,’ Romney’s Campaign is $11 Million in Debt

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From The Washington Post:

DALLAS — Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign borrowed $20 million in the month of August to pay for its expenses before he could begin tapping general election dollars and is now $11 million in debt, a senior campaign official confirmed late Tuesday.

Romney’s campaign finance filings, due to be released on Wednesday, will show the campaign with $15 million in debt, the official said, although the debt currently stands at $11 million.

The National Review Online first reported news of the campaign’s debt Tuesday night.

Although Romney has raised hundreds of millions of dollars in general election funds, his campaign could not legally tap those funds until after he officially was nominated at the Republican National Convention. Through the summer, he could only spend primary dollars, and once that money dried up the campaign was forced to borrow money to pay its bills.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Quote of the Day: Here's Why Jon Stewart's Leaving <em>The Daily Show</em> (Hint: It's What We Thought)

Quote of the Day: Here's Why Jon Stewart's Leaving The Daily Show (Hint: It's What We Thought)

(Photo: Action Press/Rex) “Watching these channels all day is incredibly depressing. I live in a coRead more...
Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

Sorry, Adam Carolla, the IRS Will Never Be Abolished -- Ever

The most childish yet entertaining policy initiative out of the tea party is the idea of abolishing Read more...
MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

MEMBERS ONLY: Rand Paul Gives the Koch Brothers a Big Wet Kiss in TIME Because He Wants Their Money

We have officially reached the point in which Republican presidential candidates no longer even put Read more...