The Speech Worked: Obama’s Approval Rating Bounces Back

The new figures from Gallup tracking poll shows Obama’s approval ratings jumping back up – a sign that his speech at the convention worked. At least for now:

Screen shot 2012-09-07 at 2.35.43 PM

Writes Andrew Sullivan on the bump:

…..a real breakthrough – especially sinc Gallup has been leaning a little GOP much of this year. more striking: that’s the highest approval rating for Obama since 2009. I’d call it the Clinton bump. Let’s see if it lasts.

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

Whenever 4/20 rolls around, I occasionally rewind 11 years or so to a cartoon I directed and co-wrotRead more...
Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Last week, I wrote about a Christians pastor who condemned his friend and fellow pastor for disassocRead more...
Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

One of the subtle but nastier implications of the "American Dream" narrative is that poor people havRead more...