The Romney Campaign in ‘Freefall’

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From The Huffington Post:

WASHINGTON -– Republicans could use a bit of advice from an unlikely source right now: Obama adviser David Plouffe, who in 2010 told Democrats worried about the mid-term elections, “No bed-wetting.”

Now it’s Republicans who are frightened. Mitt Romney’s recent troubles have created a sense of gloom, and a good dose of doom, in the Grand Old Party.

“I think there is a broad and growing feeling now, among Republicans, that this thing is slipping out of Romney’s hands,” wrote the Wall Street Journal’s Peggy Noonan, in a “come to Jesus,” in-your-face column posted on Tuesday night.

Noonan is correct.

After going from a Democratic convention that gave President Barack Obama a bump, to Romney’s bumbling handling of Middle East unrest, to a story about campaign infighting, and now with the release of a secretly taped video of Romney, numerous Republicans said there is now a sense of siege.

“There’s a feeling of almost that this thing’s in free fall,” said a Republican consultant with deep experience on Capitol Hill and extensive contacts in the Romney campaign. “When campaigns spend an enormous amount of time trying to figure out why they’re broken, I don’t know if they ever come back,” said this Republican, who like others who spoke about their frustration, did not want to be identified.

Enhanced by Zemanta

We Finally Know the Not-So-Harrowing Regulation Hillary Clinton Allegedly Violated

We Finally Know the Not-So-Harrowing Regulation Hillary Clinton Allegedly Violated

Throughout most of Monday night and all of Tuesday, those of us who weren't automatically kneejerkinRead more...
After an Endless Series of Catastrophes, a Major Shake-Up at the Top of NBC News

After an Endless Series of Catastrophes, a Major Shake-Up at the Top of NBC News

Somehow we all must've missed the recent statement from NBCUniversal expressing "complete faith" in Read more...
It Seems the New Atheist-Bashers Were Wrong About the Chapel Hill Shooter's Motive

It Seems the New Atheist-Bashers Were Wrong About the Chapel Hill Shooter's Motive

Update: The chief source for this article was a report on March 2 by WRAL in North Carolina. Around Read more...