Romney to ABC News: My Remarks Were “Exactly the Same” as the White House Position

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From the ABC OTUS News:

In our interview today, Mitt Romney did not back down from his belief that the Obama Administration’s first response to the Cairo protest demonstrated “sympathy” for the attackers, but he also made it clear that he was ready to move on.

“What I said was exactly the same conclusion the White House reached, which was that the statement was inappropriate. That’s why they backed away from it as well,” Romney told me.

The Cairo Embassy’s statement, released before it was attacked, said it rejects “the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.”

When I pointed out that the White House did not say the Embassy’s statement showed sympathy for the attackers, Romney stuck by his remarks.

“Well, I think the statement was an inappropriate statement. I think it was not directly applicable and appropriate for the setting. I think it should have been taken down. And apparently the White House felt the same way,” he said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Christian Lawmaker Slams Hinduism But Ends Up Making Case Against Christian Prayer

Christian Lawmaker Slams Hinduism But Ends Up Making Case Against Christian Prayer

An Idaho state Sen. who once compared the Affordable Care Act's state health care exchanges to the HRead more...
David Gregory Accidentally Shows Why He Sucked At Hosting 'Meet the Press'

David Gregory Accidentally Shows Why He Sucked At Hosting 'Meet the Press'

If you've been wondering what David Gregory's been up to since getting unceremoniously shit-canned bRead more...
Best Of Banter: Shove Your Paleo Diet, Netanyahu Speaks To Congress, and Guy Fieri Is Still Insane

Best Of Banter: Shove Your Paleo Diet, Netanyahu Speaks To Congress, and Guy Fieri Is Still Insane

March has rolled right in like a reminder that this year, like all previous ones, marks yet another Read more...