Romney to ABC News: My Remarks Were “Exactly the Same” as the White House Position

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From the ABC OTUS News:

In our interview today, Mitt Romney did not back down from his belief that the Obama Administration’s first response to the Cairo protest demonstrated “sympathy” for the attackers, but he also made it clear that he was ready to move on.

“What I said was exactly the same conclusion the White House reached, which was that the statement was inappropriate. That’s why they backed away from it as well,” Romney told me.

The Cairo Embassy’s statement, released before it was attacked, said it rejects “the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.”

When I pointed out that the White House did not say the Embassy’s statement showed sympathy for the attackers, Romney stuck by his remarks.

“Well, I think the statement was an inappropriate statement. I think it was not directly applicable and appropriate for the setting. I think it should have been taken down. And apparently the White House felt the same way,” he said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Bill Maher Defends Common Sense By Telling PC Liberals, 'Shut the F*ck Up'

Bill Maher Defends Common Sense By Telling PC Liberals, 'Shut the F*ck Up'

Few things are more enjoyable to listen to than Bill Maher going demolition derby on the Left's PC fRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The After Party Podcast! Millennials vs Gen-X, the Big Star Doc on Netflix, The Feels and Chez's New Music Countdown

MEMBERS ONLY: The After Party Podcast! Millennials vs Gen-X, the Big Star Doc on Netflix, The Feels and Chez's New Music Countdown

Download the MP3 75 minutes, 32MB Not Safe For Work! This week: Number 1 Album: Chez's New Read more...
Feminist Poet Solves Most Pressing Issue In Feminism

Feminist Poet Solves Most Pressing Issue In Feminism

The pantheon of feminist goddesses houses a formidable gallery of thinkers, visionaries, and revolutRead more...