Romney to ABC News: My Remarks Were “Exactly the Same” as the White House Position

The Daily Banter Headline Grab. From the ABC OTUS News:

In our interview today, Mitt Romney did not back down from his belief that the Obama Administration’s first response to the Cairo protest demonstrated “sympathy” for the attackers, but he also made it clear that he was ready to move on.

“What I said was exactly the same conclusion the White House reached, which was that the statement was inappropriate. That’s why they backed away from it as well,” Romney told me.

The Cairo Embassy’s statement, released before it was attacked, said it rejects “the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.”

When I pointed out that the White House did not say the Embassy’s statement showed sympathy for the attackers, Romney stuck by his remarks.

“Well, I think the statement was an inappropriate statement. I think it was not directly applicable and appropriate for the setting. I think it should have been taken down. And apparently the White House felt the same way,” he said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Watch President Obama and Cecily Strong Play the Worst Room in Comedy at WHCD

Watch President Obama and Cecily Strong Play the Worst Room in Comedy at WHCD

Saturday night's White House Correspondents' Association Dinner (also known as "Nerd Prom" by annoyiRead more...
Sam Harris Hits Back At Cenk Uygur, Says He 'Systematically Acts In Bad Faith'

Sam Harris Hits Back At Cenk Uygur, Says He 'Systematically Acts In Bad Faith'

Last month, Cenk Uygur trashed Sam Harris after the two had a lively but amicable three hour conversRead more...
President Obama Brings Out Keegan-Michael Key To Be His "Anger Translator" at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

President Obama Brings Out Keegan-Michael Key To Be His "Anger Translator" at the White House Correspondents' Dinner

The second most amazing thing about this clip from Saturday night's White House Correspondents' DinnRead more...