Romney, Obama And The Vision Thing

After all that time and money in Tampa, Republicans have left a major question unanswered: Why the hell is Mitt Romney running for President?

The “generic Republican candidate” continues to be just that. Just generic as heck, unable to articulate uniquely Mitt Romney vision of just what the heck he wants to do if he’s elected leader of the United States.

On the other hand, one of the bigger myths about Obama’s run in 2008 was that he simply mumbled the word “change” ten thousand times and was magically elected (some conservatives pushed a conspiracy that Obama used neuro-linguistic programming transmitted via TV in order to win).

In fact, Obama campaigned on an avalanche of substance. Sure, he wisely used his biography and oratorical skills to sell these ideas, but he offered detailed policies in the course of the election on issues ranging from health care to foreign policy to the economy. Obama also articulated the America he sought to lead: one that was more focused on the bottom and middle than the top, that conducted a humble but strong foreign policy, and an America just overall more in line with out traditional trajectory than the perversion of the Bush era.

With Romney, the right continues to play their version of the Kerry 2004 campaign. As a guy who hated George W. Bush, I can understand how partisans think that “not it” seems to be enough. They believe that Romney is generic enough as a Republican that their visceral hatred of Obama is enough to pull his robotic husk across the electoral finish line.

As a partisan who wants to be able to successfully vote for a two-term Democratic president for the second time (my first vote was for Clinton in ‘96), I’m okay with that. But as an American I find it lacking. I don’t want to just have the guy who I support versus the empty vessel on the other side. I want Mitt Romney to give us something, something real, something from the gut. He’s had his chance to tell us why he wants to run America, and the best he could seem to muster is “I have a lot of money and an equal amount of free time.”

Not good enough. Not good enough for America.

Like Us On Facebook!

More on the Banter:

U.S. Intelligence Officials Link Sony Attack To North Korea
South Park Explains Why Sony Canceled the Premiere Of 'The Interview'

South Park Explains Why Sony Canceled the Premiere Of 'The Interview'

'South Park' knows all too well how this works.[Read more...]
MEMBERS ONLY: The U.S./Cuba Thaw Marks the End of Cuban Exile Hardliners' Political Power

MEMBERS ONLY: The U.S./Cuba Thaw Marks the End of Cuban Exile Hardliners' Political Power

For decades Miami's Cuban-American community has wielded outsized influence and demanded candidates [Read more...]
If You Think Cuba's Bad, Here Are 7 U.S. Allies With Worse Human Rights Records

If You Think Cuba's Bad, Here Are 7 U.S. Allies With Worse Human Rights Records

If you think normalizing relations with Cuba is a bad idea, get ready to put these allies under revi[Read more...]
Obama Wins Cold War, Charts Course For His Legacy With Cuba Announcement
  • oi ly

    “Funny, M2, I see the forecast for 10:00pm tonight in Charlotte as ‘Clear’ and 0% chance of precipitation. Not even partly clahdy.”

    “Hourly details at 10:00 when Obama is scheduled to speak, clear skies with 0% chance of participation. Say it after me……Zeee-roooo.”

    “Expect occasional thunderstorms to begin Thursday at 10:15 pm”

    • M2

      Save Location
      Expect occasional thunderstorms to end Friday at
      12:00am

      Guess whose site had that?

      Anyway, when asked what the weather has been like today in Charlotte NC, my resident family member replied –

      “It’s like walking through soup.”

      Also, another family member and Charlotte resident was given a ticket to see the President speak. She was turned away at the door. Oversold, as it were.

      Now, this is purely anecdotal evidence provided by Republican residents, so I am sure our right wingers here will attack it as fantasy to keep living their own right wing fantasies.

      • enlightened liberal

        First, its the President moved the speech inside because he didn’t want to speak in a half-empty stadium (x), then its look at all those poor people (y) turned away from the arena (z)that had tickets.

        (x- Capacity of stadium)
        (y= People turned away)
        (z=Capacity of arena)

        x-y=z

    • enlightened liberal

      Look how stupid they are.

      • Justanotherrighty

        You know what’s stupid , E L ? Overlooking the fact that the smaller venue had less seats, and , therefore, even if the people who were turned away were placed in the larger venue, in addition to the people in the smaller venue, they still might not have filled up the huge arena.
        But of course, if you had thought of that , you couldn’t have made up your uproariously unfunny and meaningless equation.

        You may have to read it twice or three times, but eventually you’ll get the idea…

        • M2

          Seriously. Demented.

          • enlightened liberal

            Seriously. Still no mention of Mitt. Hmmm.

          • M2

            Twelve million jobs in his first term, EL. Can’t wait to hear that explained by a resident wingnut. Mitt won’t do it.

  • oi ly

    “Why would you be holding an umbrella with clear skies and zero percent chance of rain, Oily? Assuming you were an otherwise half-way intelligent individual, that is.”

    “Expect occasional thunderstorms to begin Thursday at 10:15 pm”

    Fool.

  • Plunket

    Oily, just look at how loony Jennifer Granholm was and how it takes very little to get the Obama fever ramped up with this Stepford crowd at the convention. Do you not think it odd that of 47,000 people turned away, people with hotel reservations and flights booked and paid for already, eerily passionate about seeing the President of the United States speak, there’s not one interview available of someone expressing a little displeasure about having their tickets voided?

    That’s why the DNC was giving them away in bars. They never had close to 67,000 people scheduled to show up for his speech at Bank of America Stadium.

  • oi ly

    “Expect occasional thunderstorms to begin Thursday at 10:15 pm”

    Loser. You really did want a stadium filled with umbrellas.

  • Plunket

    Secret Service looking into delegate who said she wants to ‘kill’ Romney

    CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A spokesman for the Secret Service told The Daily Caller that the agency is aware of video showing a delegate at the Democratic National Convention expressing a desire to “kill” Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

    “We are aware of it,” Secret Service spokesman George Ogilvie told TheDC on Thursday.

    He said the department is “taking the appropriate follow-up steps” with the woman.

    Video surfaced on Wednesday of a woman identifying herself as New York delegate Julia Rodriguez telling The Blaze, “If I see him” — in reference to Romney — “I would like to kill him.

    The DNC train wreck continues.

    • db

      Phlunk,

      “Julia Rodriguez telling The Blaze,…”

      That’s Glen Beck’s web site, right? So why am I suspicious of the whole thing?

      But what’s really disgusting is you posting this after your heated defence of Shooter of Gabby Giffords & the guy who killed the Guard at the Holocaust Museum as individuals who have no connection to the Republican Party.

      You can look it up if you don’t remember what you posted then.

      • M2

        Dennis is such a phony, but this story is true, it seems. And she should be investigated to the fullest.

        As for right wing terror, please. When they actually shoot Sikhs and abortion providers, crickets and denial. Ever hear one of them, ONE comment on the dramatic rise of threats against this president when he took office and to today?

        No.

        Never will.

        • Plunket

          Wow, M2, “investigated to the fullest”.

          You are such a stand-up guy.

          I’m pretty sure that on every one of those incidences you mention that I was all for investigation to the fullest, too, but if I didn’t boldly come out and say it like you did here stepping up to the plate, then I’ll make a note to follow your lead and do so in the future.

          • M2

            No you never have before. Never will. I am sure you had one in your surveyor sights though .

      • Plunket

        db,

        You’re a liar.

        I never defended either one of those two guys.

        And now imagine if you will an actual delegate at the RNC saying that about Barack Obama and the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would produce from the left-wing loons here.

        • Plunket

          db,

          Have the guts to post what you’re claiming. If you’re still pissed about me asking you why you made the ridiculous “priceless’ comment, I understand, but I posted what you said and asked you to explain. You’re making stuff up right now based on nothing but a faulty memory, and that’s pretty scuzzy, quite frankly.

        • oi ly

          “Expect occasional thunderstorms to begin Thursday at 10:15 pm”

          Loser. You really did want a stadium filled with umbrellas.

  • Plunket

    Hahahahahahaha!!! Bill Clinton barely did better than Suburgatory last night.

    You gotta wonder if it wasn’t him speaking, Bubba wouldn’ve been watching the red-haired girl on Suburgatory instead of the convention, too.

    • M2

      Football beat political coverage? You don’t say?

      Dennis, I can smell your desperation from here to Black Panther Stadium.

      too funny.

      • Plunket

        That’s funny, M2, two guys you’re talking about here in this post, Bil Clinton and Rush Limbaugh, and both of them you’ve called a racist. Weird, huh?

        • M2

          Which one of the two called Panther Stadium “Black Panther Stadium?”

          • Plunket

            Which one said “A few years ago, Obama would’ve been carrying our bags.”?

          • M2

            See, Dennis can’t answer a simple question. It’s always “But, but But, Democrats are the real racists.” It pains him to be straightforward. He’s carrying around a torch for BC for years now trying to throw a white sheet over his head. Clinton’s embrace of President Obama was a sure sign he wanted to lynch him, in the right wing mind.

            Bill Clinton said it, Dennis. Well all know it, again three years ago. Yesterday, someone hit # 47 on their racism’s greatest hits with Black Panther Stadium. I am sure your stunning reply as to why your gelatinous glob’s comment isn’t racist will be a thriller.

          • M2

            Odd, no reply.

            Surprising?

        • db

          Bill Clinton is racist?

          When did that happen?

          • M2

            In Dennis’ masturbatory fantasies, of course.

          • Plunket

            M2, you’ve got a lot of posts on here fawning over Bill Clinton from last night through early this morning and on into the afternoon. I wouldn’t be talking about someone else being masturbatory unless……well, unless, I guess, you’re looking for a partner or something.

            I’m being as straightforward as I can be. I’m not saying Bill Clinton is a racist. I’m saying you guys called him that. You guys call everyone who was ever opposed in any way to Barack Obama a racist. Oliver called Hillary Clinton, ‘Hillary “White Power” Clinton’ and said she had “Klan-style talking points”. Obama’s advisers accused Clinton of racism when he made the Jesse Jackson comment about doing well in South Carolina. Bill’s defense of HIllary when she said ““Working, hard-working Americans, white Americans.” It was the driving force behind the anger of the PUMAs in 2008, the fact Obama had painted her as anti-African American. Bill and Hillary were pissed, and many Democrats feel like they still are, and should be. That’s what’s so weird to see now, his embrace of Obama and Obama’s embrace of him. It’s fake, and it’s all about both of them using each other for political reasons.

            Here’s Oliver’s blog post from way back….

            Hillary White Power Clinton

            Read the comments. Here’s one from a current poster, Enlightened Liberal

            This framing of the debate by HRC is a way to say “vote for me instead of the n—–r”. She is clearly trying to cozy up to the voter base who will NEVER vote for a black man. To do this, she has to saddle up to their side and attack the “elites from the coasts”. Seems to me we’ve seen the same strategy before, it’s called the “Southern Strategy”. Republicans who need to get racist whites to vote for an elitist agenda likewise use the fear of a black planet.

            This is shit you guys say, M2. You say it, then you forget you ever said it, or you do the Debbie Wasserman-Schultz thing and just deny ever having said it and pretend all Democrats are without racist tendencies or that you ever accused one of it because you were just playing the race card.

          • M2

            Ha, thanks Dennis. Thank you for proving me and all here right once again.

            I call your most “fervent” fantasy one where your opponent is rife with racism. Do you deny it? No. Your response is that my most “fervent” fantasy is one of pure adulation of my candidate.

            And you’re right. I truly, truly love my Presidents, because one set his country on the path to unprecedented prosperity and his Democratic heir saved us from collapse and despair, all the while sending the man who the GOP blame for their lack of governing prosperity (one reason, anyway) to the grave. Under President Obama, the mastermind of the murder of thousands of Americans is dead.

            And it makes you and yours upset – as Americans.

            Your great joy? “The current President called the former a racist!”

            Sad.

            Your whole party could be celebrating the death of the 9/11 mastermind, and could have helped spurn our economy to great heights, making the recession history. But no.

            Your party cheers failure, cheers Americans going into debt, calls poor Americans welfare whores, fights to make sure P. Diddy and Madonna have the best silken toilet paper and to end your day? Your party fights to keep minorities from voting. You fight to keep a certain part of your country, YOUR COUNTRYMEN from enjoying their right to vote.

            And what have you offered from your party but more of the hateful same?

            0.0.

            It really is sad. I feel sorry for you guys. I really do. What happened to you?

    • Wilbur

      Yep, you better hang for dear life onto any metric that looks like its swinging your way, Dennis, because the polls sure aren’t.

      • M2

        I wonder how he explains the DNC’s first night clobbering his party’s first??

        Ironically, he would probably blame the weather.

        • oi ly

          Dennis would love to see a stadium filled with people holding umbrellas and exposing the President to unseen potential danger.

          • Plunket

            Why would you be holding an umbrella with clear skies and zero percent chance of rain, Oily? Assuming you were an otherwise half-way intelligent individual, that is.

          • oi ly

            Nice try, Dennis.

      • Justanotherrighty

        Scratch a liberal, and you’ll find a condescending racist inside.

    • M2

      Aw poor Dennis.

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/06/democratic-convention-ratings-football-game_n_1862372.html?utm_hp_ref=media

      Only millions saw his speech, even without one major network covering it.

      So sad.

  • Wilbur

    See, there are some conservatives who still have a nodding acquaintance with reality.

    • Justanotherrighty

      See, there are some is one conservatives who still have has a nodding acquaintance with reality. the ability to be contrary.

      FTFY

      • Wilbur

        I wasn’t talking about you, Frank.

        • Justanotherrighty

          Neither was I, Wilbur. Is that rarefied academic atmosphere affecting your thought processes . Perhaps it’s all those faculty cocktail parties ?

      • db

        Indeed Frank,

        Most conservatives blindly echo the “story du jour” that Fox “News” broadcasts. See Dennis above. It’s nice to see one break from the flock.

        BTW you have it backward. The Roman Catholic Bishop said it’s impossible to be Catholic & a Democrat. Democrats don’t hate Catholics. Catholics hate Democrats. One tries to remember what Jack Kennedy said he’d do if a Bishop tried to tell him how to vote.

        • Justanotherrighty

          Yes, Jack Kennedy… So different from our current Democrats, they wouldn’t let him in the Convention Hall … For many, the last Democrat they ever voted for.

          Let me repeat this once more for the vision impaired

          I DON’T WATCH FOX NEWS OR LISTEN TO TALK RADIO. THERE ARE LOTS OF US OUT THERE…

  • M2
  • M2

    “That wasn’t the party convention”

    Excuses, excuses.

    Oh, and Dennis, those little yellow zigzags in the forecast that look like lightning? They’re lightning.

    Fucking hilarious.

    • M2

      Ignore that post. It’s a duplicate and appears somewhere above!!!

      Sorry, folks.

    • Plunket

      Funny, M2, I see the forecast for 10:00pm tonight in Charlotte as ‘Clear’ and 0% chance of precipitation.

      Not even partly clahdy.

      • M2

        Really, missed this at your own link, huh?

        Next 6 hours
        Widespread showers and thunderstorms developing by 4pm. Partly to mostly sunny with temperatures falling into the upper 70s. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Hourly Details

        Nice work. Al Roker you ain’t.

        • Plunket

          Hourly details at 10:00 when Obama is scheduled to speak, clear skies with 0% chance of participation. Say it after me……Zeee-roooo.

          It’s like Debbie Wasserman-Schultz disappearing because she’s been caught in not one, but two bald-faced lies, and like the stupid roll call vote that was a charade and a complete cluserfark and the bizarre You R Belong to the Government video…..this whole week has been a trainwreck for the DNC and one excuse after another from the deception party.

          • M2

            Yes, Dennis. Because the rain stops at 10 on-the-dot, the gates open and everyone magically shows up. That’s how reality works.

            And of course, storms start and stop exactly as forecasted.

            It’s come down to this, I am arguing with Dennis about the weather – the weather that hasn’t happened yet. Shame on me, but comedy gold.

            When Dennis is involved, the forecast calls for crazy.

            Maybe Rush will buy you a Black Panther Stadium t-shirt since it will be closed tonight. (I know you’re going to run from that, Dennis, like people taking shelter from a storm. It’s just fun to watch)

          • oi ly

            What about all those hours leading up to that single hour, Dennis?

            http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Charlotte+NC+USNC0121:1:US

  • Wilbur

    Michelle Malkin tweeted this:

    Day 2 of #DNC summary: God: BOO! Abortion: Woo-hoo! Sandra Fluke: WHO? Bill Clinton: Nothing new.

    Hah. I can almost imagine her eyes bugging out wildly as she types this.

    • M2

      She’s a piece of work, that one. A rare combo of shrillness, idiocy, racism and lunacy. No wonder she’s so popular with the right.

  • db

    Guys,

    I’m wondering how the RW Punditocracy will spin today’s drop in unemployment filings.

    I’m thinking that it’s about time that the massive spending for political ads begins to be reflected in the larger market. The more the Republicans spend to attack the Predisent; the more they help the economy.

    Our resident trolls will try to change the subject.

    • M2

      But Democrats hate Jews and God!!!

      There, thought I’d get that out of the way for them.

      • Justanotherrighty

        But Democrats hate Jews and God!!!
        And Christians, especially Catholics, and Southerners, and rich people, and women that don’t want to abort their babies.

        • Wilbur

          It makes me feel good that you can’t argue against us without lying, Frank.

        • oi ly

          I sure luv the Nuns on the bus, tho; religion you can believe in!

          • M2

            No one hates god more than nuns.

          • Justanotherrighty

            I guess if Wilbur says I’m lying , that clinches it. And if M2 says I have proved his point , I guess I have.
            OR
            You are both full of crap, because it’s true, and if it were not , you could at least say one thing that refutes the actual statement, instead of trying to shoot the messenger.
            Liberals / Democrats hate Christians, and especially Catholics. And they hate Southerners, and they hate the rich.
            And the view women who oppose abortions as primitive and uneducated.
            Now, gentlemen, dispute that …

          • Wilbur

            I guess if Wilbur says I’m lying , that clinches it.

            No, but a modicum of reading does. If I thought it would do any good I’d look up the links and post them for you, but since all you seem capable of understanding is what’s written on the back of your own eyelids I really have better things to do with my time.

          • M2

            Really, Frank? Quite the argument.

            I guess Cardinal Dolan’s prayers are only godly at the RNC.

            What a douche.

      • Plunket

        It’s hard to say where they stand on Democrats and God, because this morning Axelrod is blaming the fiasco on somebody else, and Debbie Blabbermouth-Schultz went into hiding because she can’t admit she’s a bald-faced liar, and she can’t deny it, either.

        The clown car keeps driving down the road.

        • Plunket

          It’s hard to say where Democrats stand on Jerusalem and God…….

          • M2

            LOL. Remember, Dennis is not a robot. He hasn’t taken the lead of his right wing idiot talkers regarding this story. It’s obvious, right?

            Too funny. Anything to avoid reality.

            Clinton loved your lunch, btw. Loved it.

        • Justanotherrighty

          m2 : Cardinal Dolan won’t be speaking at the DNC, because you all favor abortion, and forcing taxpayers who don’t like it, and religious institutions that don’t believe in it to pay for it.

          And, Wilbur. “I’d prove it to you, but you wouldn’t read it anyway,” is so friggin; lame! You are slipping!

    • enlightened liberal

      I’m not so sure we will see a huge deluge of Citizen United spending. They know a loser when they see it, and R-Money is a loser. Better they try to work with the President- after all the Dow has nearly doubled since Obama took over, I’m sure they will make plenty in Obama’s second term.

  • Plunket

    this speech was a living, breathing organism. the crowd, the hall, the speech, one. #DNC2012

    — Rick Klein (@rickklein) September 6, 2012

    Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you guys?

    M2, Oily, db…..you guys are just like this Rick Klein droid…..Stepford Wife-level creepiness.

    • M2

      Ha, Dennis. Hopefully one day you will under stand what it feels like to be moved by your candidate’s words, no embarrassed by them.

      Mitt Romney’s Acceptance Speech Received The Worst Reaction Since Bob Dole

      http://www.businessinsider.com/mitt-romney-rnc-speech-republican-convention-bob-dole-2012-9

      No wonder you’re so upset this morning. Better move on the the absurd “Obama can’t fill Panther Stadium” foolishness, or as your hero calls it – Black Panther Stadium.

      No, Rush is not a racist. Not by a long shot.

      Keep trying, Dennis. Something may stick yet.

      • Justanotherrighty

        Hopefully one day you will under stand what it feels like to be moved by your candidate’s words
        Robin Fox and Lionel Tiger, in their book The Imperial Animal, pointed out if any person who was not a politician walked into a police station, and began talking like a politician, he would be committed in a flash
        Today’s politicians are so self – centered, so grasping of power, so fearful of losing it, someone like Mitt Romney is a breath of fresh air precisely because he is not promise to build a bridge to the next century, or stop the oceans from rising.
        I mean, I enjoy politicians’ BS as much as the next guy, but moved by liberals’ appeals to the “New Millennium” ?
        Not hardly
        I’m all grown up now…

        • db

          No Frank,

          He’s promised to end unemployment, restore America abroad, end the deficit, Preserve Medicare, and end Obamacare.

          All by giving a tax break incomes above $250,000.

          You may be all grown up now, but you’re still smoking something.

          • oi ly

            Yes and no, db –

            “Last week, in fact, is already a blur to most Americans. Three days of nonstop attention to Mitt Romney and his agenda for the nation did not help the candidate in the slightest. That’s because the GOP convention spent most of those days handing out cotton-candy slogans that some batch of consultants thought up: “Believe in America.”“Restoring America’s Promise.” These are almost parodies. It is sadly fitting that the most memorable moment of the Republican Convention came when an old man talked to an imaginary person in an empty chair.”

            http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/09/06/ex-bush-aide-on-how-bill-clinton-s-speech-bested-mitt-romney-s.html

          • Justanotherrighty

            In the first place, keeping the Bush tax rates in place is not a “tax break” .
            In the second place, it doesn’t matter to me – and it shouldn’t matter to you – what taxes other people pay. Why have been misdirected by that baloney ?
            In the third place , if Pres Bush could keep unemployment down near 4% ( same as zero) for nearly eight years, I don’t see why Romney can’t. We have already seen that Obama can’t, so what makes you think he will acquire some new magic ability after Jan 2013?
            Preserving assistance for medical care for seniors and the disabled on fixed incomes is a good thing.
            Preserving Medicare as it is currently run , or trying Obama care is not a good thing.
            And I don’t smoke anything – not even cigarettes.
            Can’t you lefties go five minutes with demeaning somebody ?

          • M2

            Gotta love right wing math.

            Frank, two years of Bush’s eight averaged unemployment in the 4% range. Two. And hate to break it to you, his eight-year total obviously doesn’t average out to 4% either.

            How that equals nearly all of Bush’s two terms near 4% is something you’ll need to explain to your therapist/care taker.

            Like President Clinton mentioned last night, it’s called arithmetic. Look into it, or at least ask to have your meds upped.

        • Zython

          Robin Fox and Lionel Tiger, in their book The Imperial Animal, pointed out if any person who was not a politician walked into a police station, and began talking like a politician, he would be committed in a flash

          Same could be said for a religious leader. It’s called context.

          someone like Mitt Romney is a breath of fresh air precisely because he is not promise to build a bridge to the next century, or stop the oceans from rising.

          So you like Mitt Romney BECAUSE he wants to be President for its own sake? O…k then.

          it doesn’t matter to me – and it shouldn’t matter to you – what taxes other people pay.

          Well, it does to me, because unlike you, I happen to like roads, schools, firefighters, libraries, and other things taxes pay for. When people don’t pay taxes, what do you think happens? The government just chooses to work for free?

          • Justanotherrighty

            Same could be said for a religious leader. It’s called context.
            It’s called diversion – by you. What else it could be is irrelevant.

            So you like Mitt Romney BECAUSE he wants to be President for its own sake?
            So you like to begin sentences with “So you” so you can
            pretend I said something I didn’t say, and then respond to that.
            O…k then.

            When people don’t pay taxes, what do you think happens?
            First of all , the short answer to that is that it looks like about 47% of America’s population under the Obama administration.
            Secondly, I never said no one should pay taxes . What I said was , It shouldn’t matter to you, or db, or me, or anyone, what someone else pays/ It should only matter what you pay.
            You know, you can’t possibly win an argument by misquoting me or putting words in my mouth. It’s like inviting a third person into the room , arguing with him, and pretending it’s me.
            I know how important it is for you to feel like you beat me, but cheating will never give you that feeling…

          • Zython

            It’s called diversion – by you. What else it could be is irrelevant.

            No, I was pointing out that certain behaviors are acceptable in certain contexts while other’s aren’t. This isn’t a new development.

            First of all , the short answer to that is that it looks like about 47% of America’s population under the Obama administration.

            You know, for someone who claims to not watch right wing television or listen to right wing radio, you sure parrot a lot of their BS talking points. A few points:

            1. There’s other taxes besides income tax. FICA, for example, is the 2nd largest source of government revenue.

            2. Are you claiming that those 47% did pay income taxes under Bush?

            What I said was , It shouldn’t matter to you, or db, or me, or anyone, what someone else pays/ It should only matter what you pay.

            Alright, let me rephrase my original point.

            “When people don’t pay enough taxes, what do you think happens? The government just chooses to work for free?”

            Taxes are used to solve collective problems, therefore, people not paying what they’re supposed to is a collective issue.

            It’s like inviting a third person into the room , arguing with him, and pretending it’s me.

            Nah, I’d just use an empty chair.

            Oh, Frank, sometimes, you make it WAY too easy.

            but cheating will never give you that feeling…

            Outwitting you isn’t cheating.

          • Justanotherrighty

            Outwitting you isn’t cheating.
            Considering that you couldn’t even outwit me , if by some miracle you could argue effectively , that’s a really, really inaccurate statement .

            No, I was pointing out that certain behaviors are acceptable in certain contexts while other’s aren’t.
            While your point touches upon the obvious , it doesn’t negate what I said. And I have a strong feeling that you don’t have even a nodding acquaintance with anything said by religious speakers.

            You know, for someone who claims to not watch right wing television or listen to right wing radio, you sure parrot a lot of their BS talking points
            One can learn the truth in many places, and it is still the truth. Just because your left wing mantra is “FOX News” “talk radio” , doesn’t mean it applies to me. But that possibility just doesn’t fit into what all your buddies here say, and where else would you learn anything? You wouldn’t comprehend a conservative thought, if you had two brains.

            1. There’s other taxes besides income tax. FICA, for example, is the 2nd largest source of government revenue.
            You don’t say? Considering I spent 15 years collecting Income Tax and FICA for the IRS while you were in Middle School, I am well aware of that. But FICA is based on wages, without deductions. Income tax is based on Adjusted Gross Income , and does not even include most Government checks that are received as non-taxable .
            2. Are you claiming that those 47% did pay income taxes under Bush?
            It wasn’t an issue because Bush wasn’t trying to turn America into a Euro-styled welfare state…

            “When people don’t pay enough taxes
            Enough taxes as determined by whom? You? Paul Krugman? The Democrats? The Republicans?
            When the government spends more than it takes in, no matter what the amount , that’s a real problem – in fact , it’s THE real problem!

            Taxes are used to solve collective problems, therefore, people not paying what they’re supposed to is a collective issue.
            For information on what people are supposed to pay, see above , and my response to the above.

          • Zython

            While your point touches upon the obvious , it doesn’t negate what I said.

            Could you at least try to remember what you’ve said in the recent past?

            Robin Fox and Lionel Tiger, in their book The Imperial Animal, pointed out if any person who was not a politician walked into a police station, and began talking like a politician, he would be committed in a flash

            Your point was that political speech was inherently insane, because talking like a politician in a police station gets one committed. I pointed out that this applies to other kinds of speech, including ones you approve of, because society expects certain behaviors in certain situations.

            And I have a strong feeling that you don’t have even a nodding acquaintance with anything said by religious speakers.

            I’ve listened to plenty of religious speakers, but you’d just claim they don’t count.

            You don’t say? Considering I spent 15 years collecting Income Tax and FICA for the IRS while you were in Middle School, I am well aware of that. But FICA is based on wages, without deductions. Income tax is based on Adjusted Gross Income , and does not even include most Government checks that are received as non-taxable .

            Then why did you claim that 47% of Americans don’t pay taxes? It’s a wonder why you don’t work at the IRS anymore.

            Enough taxes as determined by whom? You? Paul Krugman? The Democrats? The Republicans?

            Well, certainly not you, and most certainly not the Republicans; who, I remind you, nearly crashed the economy just last year.

            When the government spends more than it takes in, no matter what the amount , that’s a real problem – in fact , it’s THE real problem!

            So why do you guys oppose any sort of revenue increase?

            I don’t even need to outwit you. You make a fool of yourself without any provocation on my part. All I need to do is point it out.

          • Zython

            It wasn’t an issue because Bush wasn’t trying to turn America into a Euro-styled welfare state…

            Clearly, we shouldn’t follow the example of those failed European states like England and France, but look to the success story of Rapture Dubai.

    • oi ly

      Better then starring at your radio and feeling ashamed with what your hand is doing, Dennis.

  • M2

    And after taking of her big red nose and removing her clown makeup before bed, Michelle Malkin tweeted this:

    Day 2 of #DNC summary: God: BOO! Abortion: Woo-hoo! Sandra Fluke: WHO? Bill Clinton: Nothing new.

    What a great night. Can’t wait for the Commander in Chief now.

    Night.

    • db

      ,M2,

      I hope you’re West Coast & not staying up to 2:00 just to post here.

      You expected something different from Fox, Krauthammer, Malkin, The Blaze, et. al.? If it weren’t sad; it’d be funny.

      I’d be running ads with the quote from Jim Mourdock saying, that bi-partisanship is when the Democrats do theing the Republicans want. We want the Parties to work together to solve the Country’s problems, but it takes two for bi-partisanship. & it simply ain’t happening.

      • M2

        I was up late IMing friends on the west coast, plus a night owl usually. Plus, Bill rocked.

        That Jim Quote is great and certainly true. Today’s GOP embodies it and their obstruction has been duly noted the last couple days. Hopefully today, too.

      • enlightened liberal

        Who was that Republican that said “bipartisanship is like date rape” but then again, is that really legitimate rape? I caught Rush for a few minutes saying that Clinton didn’t mention bipartisanship- his butthurt was strong.

  • oi ly

    “Krauthammer went on to call Clinton’s DNC address “one of the strangest nomination speeches” even given.”

    The Republicans are really hoping for an empty chair moment at the DN Convention. They’re still burning from that one. Not gonna happen. Nice try.

    • M2

      Oh yes, they so want one. You can tell because as I predicted earlier (and I am not saying predicting the utterly predictable GOP is a hard feat) the headlines on right wing blogs read “Dems Boo God and Jerusalem.”

      Because really,that’s how lazy our right wing media are. That’s their takeaway from today’s caving bullshit.

      A quick recap of a few Right Wing blogs, granted I am not sure of their most popular…

      Hot Air and Red State have no mention of Clinton – gotta sleep on that one for a comeback.

      Lunatic Jim Hoft has a mention about Clinton saying the GOP wants autistic kids to die or something – he who shows many signs of sever autism himself.

      Instapundit links to truly awful Jennifer Rubin at WAPO because Glenn Renynolds is Glenn Reynolds. To work is to fail.

      National Review Online comes thru on the speech to their credit. Of course in the roundup of their coverage are Jonah Goldberg with “Dems boo God and Jerusalem” because he is another lazy piece of shit.

      Bill, Bill, Bill. THey just don’t know what hit him. Guess they’ll stop praising him in comparison to the President now.

      Lovin’ it.

  • M2

    Another genius heard from.

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/krauthammer-blasts-clintons-dnc-speech-sprawling-undisciplined-and-truly-self-indulgent/

    Hilarious. Not as much as this, if true. From Twitter…

    “They knew what the weather was going to be MONTHS ago.” — Charles Krauthammer on tomorrow’s #DNC2012 venue change

    — @ryanjreilly via TweetDeck

    Sounds like astute Chuck though, doesn’t it.

  • Plunket
    • M2

      Haaa!!!!

      Really, this is what happens to Republican brains on Bill.

      Changes to the platform are planned? No way.

      • Plunket

        32,400 comments about the DNC’s God and Jerusalem fiasco on Huffington Post.

        8,000 comments on Clinton’s speech.

        Pretty much sums it up.

        Why did they even have the roll call and why did the parliamentarian tell Villagairosa to read it again for a vote and ‘let them do what they’re gonna do’, M2? Every station is replaying it over and over. Villaraigosa was reading from the teleprompter the whole time.

        The loony-tunes party.

        • M2

          Ha, looks like 17K to 34k now Dennis. I guess they bonus 5 hours your latest scandal had plus the fact Clinton went late had nothing to do with it though. Not to mention, I didn’t know the number of comments a post has on one message board is a scientific measure of a story’s importance.

          Pretty much sums it up, indeed.

          If you’re looking for your lunch this morning, Dennis, you can stop. Bill stole it last night.

          • Plunket

            M2, get a grip on yourself, you’re swooning like you’re one of the hosts on The View having a sit-down with Bill Clinton.

            The fact of the matter is, if you had a daughter of any age you’d never want her being alone with the sleazebag under any circumstances, and people know that. Obama knows that, he knows everything about the guy, every last sordid detail that’s public, anyway, called him a racist, or let his handlers call him that, and he still walked up and gave the guy a big, weirdly awkward hug.

            It is just a very strange phenomenon to witness for a large percentage of Americans.

          • M2

            Really, Dennis. It’s come to that? Bill Clinton is a sleazebag? Jesus, that is fucking pathetic.

            Got any blue dress jokes?

            And yes, a party that loves their candidates and spokespeople must seem strange to a large percentage of Americans who identify themselves as Romney voters.

            Embarrassing. Simply embarrassing.

          • Plunket

            Well, yeah, I admit it is a bit strange to me how a president who thinks a guy is a racist will then embrace him because he knows he can help save his bacon.

            And it’s weird to me that a guy that knows the other guy painted him as a racist would just say ‘yeah, you know what, if I save this guy’s bacon he’s gonna owe me big time, so I’ll just swallow my pride, bend over, close my eyes and pretend it doesn’t hurt’.

          • M2

            Love it when Dennis reads people’s minds. It’s like a pilot traveling to Europe by horse.

  • Plunket

    Chaos, confusion, horror, division, freak show, boos, alternate universe…….

    DNC’s Wasserman Schultz, Gaspard cancel interviews amid platform debacle

    Jon Ralston, host of the Las Vegas-based “Face To Face” news program, told POLITICO that he was sitting in the chair waiting for a 2:45 p.m. PT (5:45 p.m. ET) interview with Gaspard when he was told that his guest had cancelled, without explanation.

    Blair Miller of WSOC TV, ABC’s Charlotte, N.C., affiliate, also tweeted that Wasserman Schultz cancelled her interview with him, without explanation. “After my Romney intv today, we were planning to interview @DWSTweets live,” he wrote. “However, she did not show up. Her staff not answering calls.”

    A party in disarray. Had to move Obama’s speech indoors because they couldn’t come close to filling the stadium. Somehow people are pretending to be inspired by lofty speeches again. People are still out of work. People still think we’re on the wrong track. People still think Obama is clueless about the economy. At the end of the day, Americans know a speech or two won’t fix any of those. Been there, done that.

    • M2

      Shorter Dennis: Bill Clinton just destroyed my hopes and dreams tonight.

      Hilarious. Want to see some disarray? Look at the GOP/Romney response to Bill’s speech. Sad and sputtering.

      And couldn’t come close to filling a stadium? Another belly laugh. No one in their right mind believes that. Well, if 69,000 didn’t show up who signed up and 19,000 on the waiting list gave up, maybe your fantasy scenario woud have happened.

      Need to look at that Romney stadium pic again? I bet all his fans were stuck in traffic, huh?

      Dennis is the kind of Republican Bill spoke of tonight. One who lives in some alternative reality and like the GOP philosophy he mentioned, Dennis “you’re on your own.”

      Too funny.

      • oi ly

        Dennis has modeled himself on the mountaineering Paul Ryan. Sad.

      • Plunket

        Need to look at that Romney stadium pic again?

        That wasn’t the party convention. And you said it yourself, M2, Obama didn’t want the optics of a half-empty stadium knowing full-well it’d be contrasted with the Greek column speech he gave in Denver 4 years ago when the stadium was mostly full.

        Chance of rain at speech time tonight……, “c’mon, say it after me……ZERO.

        • M2

          “That wasn’t the party convention”

          Excuses, excuses.

          Oh, and Dennis, those little yellow zigzags in the forecast that look like lightning? They’re lightning.

          Fucking hilarious.

          (this comment somehow ended up at the bottom of the list for some reason. I must have erred, so sorry it repeats where it doesn’t belong)

  • Wilbur

    And please pass the word wherever you do the internet thing.

  • Wilbur

    Folks, it’s time to make some more of those $25 donations that Dennis and his ilk are so contemptuous of. I’m sure you know how, but just in case: http://www.barackobama.com

    • M2

      Done and Done.

  • oi ly
    • M2

      Yeah, Paul, and they’re always at odds, too.

      Douche.

      • oi ly

        I really think Rayn is over his head. And a douche, too.

        • M2

          He really has been pretty piss-poor. I expected a lot more considering the hype. I have no clue as to why I am surprised that one of their “rock stars” sucks so badly, but I am.

          • oi ly

            In that clip, he comes across like a spiritual homunculus. Marco Rubio would have been the better choice. I really think they made a big blunder going with The Marathon Man.

          • M2

            I still believe he really doesn’t think he will be VP this time around and is only padding his resume, but he’s really doing that poorly. He’s hurting his future more than helping. I agree Marathon Man is a fail. So far, anyway.

  • M2

    Now that’s how you close a fucking show. Way to go President Clinton. Amazing.

  • M2

    lets be sure to compare bill clinton’s speech to george w. bush’s. OH WAIT.
    — @owillis via web

    Nice one, Oliver.

    And Bill is still burning GOP policy to ash.

    • Plunket

      lets be sure to compare bill clinton’s speech to george w. bush’s. OH WAIT.
      — @owillis via web

      Nice one, Oliver.

      And you thought it was nice one when Oliver declared both Bill Clinton and his wife racists, M2.

      • M2

        No Dennis. I don’t believe the Clintons are racists so why would I think it nice?

        Ever been to Black Panther Stadium, Dennis?

  • Plunket

    Debbie Wasserman-Schultz doing the DNC proud….

    Alternate Universe

    “Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?”

  • M2

    Mitt co. must see a problem with the percentage of support GOP policies have engendered within the black community.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac

  • oi ly

    I guess such a minimal representation at the convention didn’t fool anyone –

    http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/romney-camp-announces-black-leadership-council?ref=fpblg

  • M2

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/05/dnc-god-jerusalem-platform_n_1859200.html

    Just when I think they’re getting their spine back, out goes the spine.

    So sick of getting sold short by my party. I am sure Dennis and co. will be here any minute to ask why we hate Jerusalem and God so much we felt the need to boo.

    Oliver, if you’re in NC, please verbally kick the ass of someone responsible for this. The “cave” is cold and glum.

    • Plunket

      Railroad.

      Woo-woooooooo.

      • M2

        I really don’t get that, but next time I hear a right winger whine “But, the President isn’t listening to Americans.” I will point to this and say “Yeah he is. The wrong Americans, but he is.”

        • Plunket

          Villaraigosa railroaded them both through.

          • M2

            Oh. Okay.

  • db

    Dennis,

    “Do you think you could do that?”

    I could, but I’m not going to bother to.

    “we feel bad about that because you guys held back all your criticisms of George W. Bush”.

    More word games. We agreed with Bush on several items as the records of the time show. The Republicans seem intent on finding fault, whichever side of the decision President Obama chooses.

    • Plunket

      We agreed with Bush on several items as the records of the time show. The Republicans seem intent on finding fault, whichever side of the decision President Obama chooses.

      Well, Priceless, you say we’re better off for it. So what’s your beef? Seems intellectually lazy of you to want it both ways. Either Republicans were correct in finding fault with what Obama wanted to do, or we’re not better off.

      • db

        Okay Guys,

        Dennis has lost me completely here. What’s he trying to say?

        • M2

          Basically, it seems, Republicans are either right or their right, even when they’re wrong.

          Pretty much same shit we read every day.

    • oi ly

      Three words –

      Catch 22.

  • db

    M2,

    I’m not sure of the relevance but a show named “Honey Boo Boo” apparently had better ratings than the RN Convention.

    You’ve certainly caught the RW approach. No matter what President Obama does; the RW will find something to criticize.

    • enlightened liberal

      Well duh, same target audience. You can’t watch both at the same time, now, can you?

      In all fairness, the aggregate rating for all the channels for the RNC derpfest was much higher than Honey Boo. And they got some unintentional comedy from Clint Eastwood losing an argument with a chair!

      • M2

        I hear Clint woke up the next day with Raflaca’s head in his bed.

        (Sorry i used that joke before. Couldn’t help myself.)

        • db

          A good joke bears repeating.

          An Independent is just a Republican who’s ashamed to admit it.

      • Plunket

        Not so sure more people seeing it helps you guys. DNC telling you that you belong to the government, I would think the less people who saw that the better, but who knows.

        • M2

          Dennis is still trying to make “fetch” happen. Must be a big hit in Rightwingistan.

          • db

            More word games, this time with the definition of “belong”

            “Belong to” as in are part of. We all belong to the group of Oliver’s readers.

            Not as in “is owned by”. People aren’t possessions.

            But you can’t expect nuance from Dennis. I’m expecting Fox “News” & the Romney Campaign to start running ads any hour now.

          • Plunket

            db,

            Please explain the nuance of your use of the word “priceless” as it pertains to the image of African American refugees leaving New Orleans with their belongings on their backs.

            Do you think you could do that?

          • oi ly

            Maybe Dennis would like to explain why he wishes a tobacco-related illness on the Pres.

          • oi ly

            Just so Dennis could enjoy Biden being the Pres. for a while.

          • Plunket

            Oily, are you still smarting after saying the stupidest thing ever said by anyone on this blog in the last 3 months?

    • Plunket

      No matter what President Obama does; the RW will find something to criticize.-Priceless

      Yeah, we feel bad about that because you guys held back all your criticisms of George W. Bush. You got us there, db.

      • M2

        Oh, look. There are times when you can bring up GWB. Funny that.

      • Wilbur

        Difference being, we had real honest-to-god things to criticize GWB for, rather than ginned-up non-issues and problems for which the Republican share of blame is equal or grater.

        • Plunket

          That’s kind of a strange thing to say, Wilbur, considering those things that you criticized Bush for that are just like things Obama has done for which you say very little.

          It’s complicated, I know.

          • Zython

            Oh, we say plenty. We just don’t want to hear it coming from you guys.

          • Plunket

            You don’t say plenty. You don’t say anything. You could dig all night and not find a post here in the last 6 months even mildly critical of Obama, Zython. You wouldn’t even criticize him when I asked you why you expected more from the president of Chick-FIl-A on gay marriage than you did the President of the United States. You lack that courage, completely.

          • Zython

            I don’t soley exist for this website, Dennis. I know that’s an odd concept to you, but it’s true.

            You want criticism here? Fine, Obama was foolish in thinking you guys could be reasoned with.

            You wouldn’t even criticize him when I asked you why you expected more from the president of Chick-FIl-A on gay marriage than you did the President of the United States.

            Except that my problem with him wasn’t his stance on gay marriage, it was his donation to a hate group. Now apologize for being stupid.

          • Plunket

            That’s really strange, Zython, because Chick-Fil-A had been donating to those organizations going back to 2003 and you never mentioned them before. Not till a month or so after Obama’s brave evolution on gay marriage when all of a sudden his views were incongruent with the president of Chick-Fil-A did you speak out against them. CFA and their donations never showed up on your radar before that.

            Intellectual cowardice.

          • Zython

            That’s really strange, Zython, because Chick-Fil-A had been donating to those organizations going back to 2003 and you never mentioned them before.

            Oh, I knew about their hardline Christian fundamentalism for a while. I haven’t eaten there, nor will I ever (unless they change their policies, which is very unlikely). The reason I never brought it up was because it wasn’t ever particularly relevant to any sort of discussion here. I mean, do you want me to list every corporation I have issues with? Because we could be here a while.

            Weirdo.

  • oi ly

    If it wasn’t for all the flip flop and fly, the GOP wouldn’t have a platform to present the electorate, AT ALL. Nothing.

    • enlightened liberal

      And yet another thread without any positives about Willard- whoops, there was one, but I wrote it.

      Willard, the GOP is just not that into you.

      • oi ly

        But he’ll twist and turn himself inside out for it. Why does he bother? I don’t get it at all.

        • enlightened liberal

          I guess it’s like rooting for the Redskins when Gus Frerotte was quarterback- you know he sucks but it’s not like you were going to root for the Cowboys or Giants.

          • db

            el,

            First off we still have relevant baseball games to be played inside both beltways. So we can let the Redskins develop on their own. Both teams in 1st place today. Whooda thunk it?

            I keep hearing the WRM/Anti-Obama line; but I’m not seeing much pro-Romney. There’s a marvellous clip of RNC Chair Prebius announcing, in the tone & tenor of a mortician, that, “We Republicans have the enthusiasm”. Colbert may have covered it.

          • Plunket

            20% chance of rain tonight for the Cowboys-Giants game tonight.

            I wonder if they’ll move it indoors.

          • M2

            100% chance right wingers would have lost it had an old lady fell in the rain.

            But i digress. We couldn’t let this happen, could we?

            http://underthemountainbunker.com/2012/02/25/mitt-romneys-stadium-speech-in-detroit-epic-fail/

            Picture says a thousand words. Or in this case, a couple hundred.

      • M2

        I eagerly await Romney/Ryan economic plan specifics, too. So far it has been “One read Ayn Rand and the other ran the Olympics.”

  • M2

    Ruh roh. Someone is praying to the god of desperation.

    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/80731.html?hp=lh_b3

    Godless libruls!!!

    Hilarious.

    • oi ly

      “It’s not in keeping with our founding documents, our founding vision. I’d guess you’d have to ask the Obama administration why they purged all this language from their platform. There sure is a lot of mention of government. I guess I would just put the onus and the burden on them to explain why they did all this, these purges of God.”

      Cough, Ayn Rand was a theist, don’t you know. You guys are idiot, pure and simple.

      • M2

        He is pandering to the christian right who they already have in their pocket but need to rile up so they’ll take their Bandits to the polls.

        Pathetic.

        • Plunket

          M2 can’t remember the photos of halos superimposed around Obama’s head and the countless references to The One, The Messiah, their Own Personal Jesus, and Like God.

          That was far too long ago.

          • M2

            Ha. The only time I’ve heard him referenced as the One or as brilliant Frank has called him, His Majestyness (genius) has been from right wingers upset the Democrats actually loved their candidate.

            Remember the columns? Oh no, greek columns!!!!

            I am sure you were butthurt about Bush’s halos too, Dennis. Right?

            Oh wait. Sorry, I mentioned Bush. No can do. Talk about far too long ago.

          • Plunket

            You’re lying, M2. Profusely, wantonly, and without remorse.

            Obama was in third place and a good 25-30 points behind Hillary in the polls, and well behind her with African Americans, when Oprah decided to endorse Obama and go on the road with him speaking of him as a messiah figure and referring to him as “The One” as depicted in the movie “The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman”. I posted this last week and you responded to it, so I know you’re lying about not knowing about it. You can dismiss it as being of no consequence, but you’d have to be dishonest about it considering how disgusted you’re acting now about Ryan’s criticism of Dems taking the word “God” completely out of their platform.

            Messianic rhetoric infuses Obama rallies

            Winfrey also recalled a story from “The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman,” a 1974 film based on Ernest Gaines’ 1971 novel.

            In Winfrey’s telling, the protagonist – an old woman who had survived slavery and the Civil War – would ask every child, “Are you the one? Are you the one?”

            “I do believe I do today we have the answer to Miss Pittman’s question – it’s a question that the entire nation is asking – is he the one?” Winfrey said. “South Carolina – I do believe he’s the one.”

            According to one academic discussion of the book by Christopher Mulvey, a professor at University of Winchester in the United Kingdom, the passage continues to ask whether the child is the one who will “carry part of our cross,” a “messianic figure.”

            Winfrey brought the crowd to what was probably its emotional peak in her introduction of Obama and her discussion of her own choice to foray into politics, which had members of the audience raising their arms in “O” salutes. Along the way, she mixed in dollops of her own non-sectarian philosophizing.

            There are only three choices for you here, M2. Either you’re lying, or you’re ignorant, or you’re both at the same time about this, but the chances of you being completely unaware of any mention of “The One” about Barack Obama are about 0. Not “O” as in “Obama” with your two index fingers and thumbs brought together, but “0” as in zero.

          • M2

            Dennis, good for you. What a devastating takedown. Oprah called Obama the One.

            Wow, I am such a liar. Oprah made a literary reference with religious overtones. How unlike her. How unlike anyone to make religious references about politicians.

            http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/saint_reagan_QgJh5CWItiBtQjLAZCYuCP

            Did you google “President GWB halos” yet? Did you find something you’d like to tell us about.

            Fact is Dennis, I heard, as I said, no one call the POTUS the One or any other related ridiculous names but you and your right wing buddies. Sorry, I don’t watch Oprah.

      • Plunket

        You guys are idiot, pure and simple.– Oily

        Just let that one sink and stew for a minute.

        • oi ly

          Whatever.

          • Plunket

            Yes, Oily, whatever.

      • Justanotherrighty

        Soph ist, I don’t where you got the idea that somehow Ayn Rand is the font of ideology for the Republican Party.
        Ayn Rand was “shunned” or “excommunicated” from the Republican Party by the gang at National Review – a magazine you may have heard, but I am sure you have never read. That was well over two decades ago …
        You are the idiot, neither pure nor simple.

  • M2

    Ha, Right Winger links to Hot Air, calls others droids, see no irony.

    Gotta love it.

    • Plunket

      That DNC video isn’t even a dog-whistle, M2. It hits you square in the eyes, just like Obama’s composite girlfriend Julia, you and Oily and the droid at the DNC Convention are happy to repeat it….. “and I don’t necessarily hate that I’m owned by them at this point.”

      I think I just felt a little bit of throw-up in my throat.

      Heaven help us.

      • M2

        Mitt Romney supporter calls others droids. Sees no irony.

        Bwaaahaaa!

        Gotta love it.

        • Plunket

          Uhhh, ok M2, what’s your term for someone mindlessly declaring that it’s ok to be owned by the government? Because, hey, ‘everybody’s owned by someone’.

          How ya gonna put lipstick on that pig?

          Again, that video wasn’t a dog-whistle. He didn’t start thinking that way because he just red Mao yesterday morning. Obama and Reid and Pelosi and Dunn and Jarrett and Van Jones have been serving up that dish for the better part of 4 years, now.

          • oi ly

            Yer howling, Dennis.

          • M2

            Haaa! He wasn’t just reading Mao? Are you sure?

            “Desperate… but not serious…”

    • Justanotherrighty

      Hot Air links to left wing sources , unlike lefty blogs

      • M2

        Really, because you’ve been to so many. What a joke but another small victory in your quest to be completely wrong about everything.

  • Plunket

    Friend of M2, mindless DNC statist: Yeah, it’s pretty awesome to belong to the government

    “Regardless of where you live, you’re gonna be owned by someone at some point. I think the American government so far has been a fair government and I don’t necessarily hate that I’m owned by them at this point.”

    DROIIIIIIID.

    • oi ly

      The Lone Wolf strikes again.

      • M2

        Lone Wolf McLame?

  • Justanotherrighty

    You want to know what Romney will do , that Obama can’t possibly do?

    Stop spending increases
    Stop enforcing policies and regulations that drive up the price of gasoline
    Give Obama care waivers to businesses to all businesses with gross receipts under $1,000,000 and / or less than 10 employees

    Do you think giving people Food Stamps is helping people, when everything else he does reduces them in value?
    Do you think Medicaid helps people when taking a cab to the Doctor, cost what it used to cost to see a doctor ?

    Government spending must be stopped from growing, and then reduced.
    Taxes must be stopped from growing, and then reduced.
    Business – cramping and employment killing regulations must be stopped from growing, and then reduced.

    • Zython

      Stop spending increases

      We’ve gone over this.

      Stop enforcing policies and regulations that drive up the price of gasoline

      You mean market forces? The only way gas prices are going down is if either oil gets some decent competition (which the GOP opposes), or another economic crash happens (which the GOP supports).

      Give Obama care waivers to businesses to all businesses with gross receipts under $1,000,000 and / or less than 10 employees

      They’re already subsidized, or were you lying when you said you got a 9/10 on the quiz I linked?

      Do you think giving people Food Stamps is helping people, when everything else he does reduces them in value?

      Clarification needed. Define “them”.

      Do you think Medicaid helps people when taking a cab to the Doctor, cost what it used to cost to see a doctor ?

      So you support increased public transportation? Because the GOP sure doesn’t.

      Taxes must be stopped from growing, and then reduced.

      Taxes are at lower than they’ve been in a long time. By that logic, shouldn’t the economy be gangbusters?

      Business – cramping and employment killing regulations must be stopped from growing, and then reduced.

      Corporate profits are at all-time highs. Why do they need more money to hire people?

      • Plunket

        Taxes are at lower than they’ve been in a long time. By that logic, shouldn’t the economy be gangbusters?

        And you insist that we’re better off than we were four years ago. So which is it? Make up your mind.

        • Zython

          No, I said I’m better off. I don’t care about you*.

          *This is not a collective ‘you’, I mean you, Dennis.

        • Zython

          In addition, considering the state of the economy in September 2008, yeah, we are better off. Not as much as we could be, but far better than we would have been under John “Privatize Social Security” McCain.

      • Justanotherrighty

        Clarification needed. Define “them”.
        The stamps, of course … simple English .

        We’ve gone over this.
        I am not interested in percentages of increase or statistical games
        Five trillion dollars in deficits in 3 years, is more SPENDING than the previous 43 Presidents.
        Period. End of discussion.
        Besides which, I didn’t call Obama a big spender . I said the growth of spending has to be stopped, then reduced.
        You mean market forces?
        Exactly, increasing the supply would drive the prices down. Government policies like not allowing the Canada pipeline, like not allowing fracking in the US, like not issuing drilling permits in the Gulf – despite a court order to do so – are what’s keeping the price of gasoline and heating oil up …
        They’re already subsidized, or were you lying when you said you got a 9/10 on the quiz
        You not even going to call me a liar again, are you?
        Exempting businesses of that size would alleviate their uncertainty, and free them to expand. That is what we want to do, right?
        So you support increased public transportation?
        No. Next
        Because buses and trolleys require fossil fuels and railroad trains require electricity and fossil fuels.

        Taxes are at lower than they’ve been in a long time.
        “Lower than” really, really high is not low enough.

        Corporate profits are at all-time highs.
        Aggregate corporate profits are at all time highs , not the profits of each and every corporation in America.
        And I said they they need to expand . This they cannot do because of Business – cramping and employment killing regulations.

        You are batting .0000

        • Zython

          The stamps, of course … simple English .

          OK, I guess that makes the most grammatical sense. It’s just that contextually, nothing I could think of would, since you didn’t explain how Obama was lowering the value of food stamps.

          I think I know what you’re going to say, but I’ll let you say it first. Only fair.

          I am not interested in percentages of increase or statistical games

          Well, I’m interested in actually analyzing Obama’s economic policies in the context of the economy, but that’s just me.

          Besides which, I didn’t call Obama a big spender . I said the growth of spending has to be stopped, then reduced.

          *See the post below this one*

          You not even going to call me a liar again, are you?

          Well, are you?

          Aggregate corporate profits are at all time highs , not the profits of each and every corporation in America.

          In that case, which corporations are making so much money that they’re skewing the results? And why aren’t they hiring?

          Government policies like not allowing the Canada pipeline, like not allowing fracking in the US

          I don’t know about you, but I’ve personally grown fond of potable water.

          “Lower than” really, really high is not low enough.

          Were taxes too high under Bush? Reagan? Nixon?

          Because buses and trolleys require fossil fuels and railroad trains require electricity and fossil fuels.

          And use less per person than cars. Thus lowering the demand for fossil fuels, and driving the costs down.

          And I said they they need to expand . This they cannot do because of Business – cramping and employment killing regulations.

          I could simply link to a source showing you’re wrong, but I think it would be FAR more entertaining to call your bluff. Which regulations* are causing problems? The ones that says that workers have to be paid? The ones that say the company can’t screw over its customers?

          Ah, what the hell, why not do both?

          *And no, “all of them” is not a valid answer.

          Exempting businesses of that size would alleviate their uncertainty, and free them to expand.

          In the same vein as above, what “uncertainty” would that be? Whether or not they can get a government bailout?

          Personally, I’m more concerned about the uncertainty of poor people who don’t know if they’ll be able to afford both food and rent that month.

    • Zython

      Government spending must be stopped from growing, and then reduced.

      Not like we need to fix anything…

      Stupid spam filter.

  • db

    Dennis,

    From 6:19 this morning;

    Still trying toichange the subject? But blessings if you see the inadequacy of your former position. For the record I (& I think all here) would join Hillary Clinton in hoping to see the day when abortion is safe, legal, and rare. Contraception is the preferred solution.

    Still trying to get mileage out of your perversion of what I wrote?

    Your definition of “racist” is absurd & so when you use the term; I hit the “off” button.

    You ascribe to me Divine power as I, in your view, have the authority to order up hurricanes to suit. This is beyond absurd. I do not want the authority of God. I am in no way qualified to hold it. But for the record a “natural disaster” is exactly that: natural. i.e. not controlled by any human, not even me.

    • Plunket

      I didn’t ascribe anything to you, db, except an uncaring and despicable hope for tragedy as long as the optics might be used in such a way as to make Republicans look bad. And there was no good reason whatsoever for you to single out blacks as the ones in that picture that you thought would be “priceless”. You can’t have the “priceless” picture without the disaster occurring and you can’t excuse yourself based on the fact that you can’t order up the disaster. You didn’t even qualify it “God forbid that should happen”.

      Seriously, giving you the full benefit of the doubt, what the hell were you thinking when you wrote that, unless Hurricane Katrina conjures up pleasant memories for you of bad optics for Republicans for which you think it would’ve been great (or priceless) if it happened again?

  • Zython

    More from the chronicles of “We Built That”.

  • oi ly

    Come on over to the light Dennis; I promise, it won’t hurt you.

    • Plunket

      Oily the statist droid getting his instructions from central planning.

      No thanks, Oily. You guys can bow down on your own.

      • oi ly

        Here you go Dennis, a poem –

        You walk alone,
        Sleep alone,
        Cry alone,
        Die alone.

        You are the Wolf that walks alone.
        You have no friends, none of your kind,
        Will there ever be a friend for you to find?
        You walk in sadness, and despair,
        No one to love you, anywhere.

        The world is cruel,
        The world is mean,
        You walk alone,
        Always unseen.

        This is your prayer,
        A mournful song,
        You have never had anywhere to belong.
        This is your howl,
        Your sad, sad cry.
        Crying beneath the open sky.

        Does anyone hear you?
        Are you truly alone?
        Does anyone care about you?
        And your bitter moan?

        Others walk for you not to find,
        They don’t care, they have peace of mind.
        You walk alone on a desolate plain,
        Will you ever have a home again?

        Will anyone cry, weep, wail, or moan,
        At the death of the Wolf that walks alone?

        Anonymous?

      • oi ly

        “No thanks, Oily. You guys can bow down on your own.”

        That’s right, I forgot, you only bow down to your man El Rushbo. But always on your own, of course.

  • oi ly

    Mayor Castro –

    When it comes to getting the middle class back to work, Mitt Romney says, “No.” When it comes to respecting women’s rights, Mitt Romney says, “No.” When it comes to letting people marry whomever they love, Mitt Romney says, “No.” When it comes to expanding access to good health care, Mitt Romney says, “No.”
    Actually, Mitt Romney said, “Yes,” and now he says, “No.” Governor Romney has undergone an extreme makeover, and it ain’t pretty. So here’s what we’re going to say to Mitt Romney. We’re going to say, “No.”

    Flip flop extreme make over, and it isn’t pretty!

    • Plunket

      Dull and boring, the whole night, Oily….. or you and M2 wouldn’t be here hyping it to the best of your ability like little statist-droid tools who were inspired by the ‘We belong to the government’ message.

      • M2

        A Romney fan calling anything else boring is pretty fucking hilarious. We’ve all seen paint dry more dynamically than Mitt can give a speech.

        But we know learning anything bores the right wing to tears.

      • oi ly

        Are you bashing the TV yet, Dennis. Angry, pissed off? Listen to the First Lady go. Dang!

        • M2

          If the FLOTUS mentioned that maybe you should put down the cheese log and go for a walk every once in awhile, then sure as hell the right wing is pissed.

          “She is attacking our freedom to die morbidly obese at an early age from a diet of Hot Pockets and Coke. Hate her!”

          • enlightened liberal

            Hey, don’t let them in on the secret. More fatty foods for Republicans=less Republicans. Win for America!

          • M2

            Good point, but what would happen to comedy if they weren’t around?

            Btw, our First Lady was amazing last night. Stunning speech. Stunning woman.

      • M2

        Bwahaaa!!!

        Yes, Dennis – joining the foaming right wing chorus of “you only belong to the gov’t” drones surely festering in the right wing blogosphere as we speak paints you as a free thinker.

        Or are we to believe that 17-second clip is of your making? Where did you get it, Mr. Independent thinker?

        I am sure it wasn’t a right wing blog because, partisan blog reading is what left wing commies do.

        • M2

          Red State? The Blaze?

          Do tell.

          Mitt got the memo. Idiot.

          “We don’t belong to government, the government belongs to us,” Mitt Romney wrote on Twitter.

          (from Politico)

      • oi ly

        Dull and boring? Maybe if yer dead on the inside.

  • Plunket

    The tax return ship has sailed, but keep hope alive, guys.

    That and abortion, abortion and more abortion.

    • M2

      Are we talking legitimate abortion or…

      • M2

        Oh damn, that was rape – and when raped, no abortion for you under the GOP platform.

        Sorry, it’s hard to keep their bizarreness straight at this hour.

      • Plunket

        You mean legitimately kill the aborted baby that comes out of the womb still alive, like what Obama voted for three times? And having taxpayers foot the bill for aborted babies in the 8th or 9th month, like what’s on the Democratic platform?

        Is that legitimate? I don’t know, M2, you’ll have to answer that yourself. Or, I guess, seeing as how you’re a statist fan of being told you belong to the government, let them answer it for you.

        • db

          Phlunk,

          Until you tell me where you got your Medical Degree; I’ll remind you that late term abortions are extremely rare & used only when the Mother’s life is at imminent risk.

          Now you tell me why the Mother’s life is worth less than the unborn. Why kill her to let the (presumptive) child live. The Mother is certainly capable of making that choice, but what gives you the right to condemn her to death?

          • Plunket

            db,

            First of all, sorry, no provision for “rare” as a goal in the Democratic platform.

            And second, you were the guy describing the thought of a picture of black refugees leaving New Orleans as “priceless” to you, and you’re too afraid to explain why you said such a crude, crass and uncaringly racist thing, so please excuse me for not giving a crap that you want to lecture me about anything, mm-kay?

        • M2

          I, like the President, don’t think a woman who is brutally gang raped should have to carry the baby of one her many rapists. I, like the President, don’t think a young girl whose father creeps into her room at night and brutalizes her should be forced to keep her father’s next child. We certainly don’t think they should carry those fetuses to term if a health risk to the mother is discovered, because we as a nation shouldn’t punish a rape victim with death. And if a fetus is found to have a genetic deformity like Mosaicism,we don’t think that we should risk the mother’s health so that baby can live an agonizing few minutes while right-to-lifers rest at home watching Fox in their easy chairs.

          And we all know what the right thinks of these creations of God once born – fuck ‘em. We’re not paying an additional dime in taxes to help them out. Legitimately, not a dime for those government teet-sucking bastards.

          • db

            M2,

            Sorry for the intrusion but I wanted Dennis to see this. But your post is right of course. I just wanted to add:

            Dennis,

            The Democratic Platform does not need to state that late-term abortions are rare because (in the last year I remember) there were 7 in the entire USA. Seven. SEVEN. The number of fingers you have minus three (two & the one in your nose) in an entire year.

            No Doctor. NO DOCTOR wants to perform the procedure. They will do it only when necessary to save the life of the Mother. Medicine is a messy business & it forces hard choices. They don’t need arm-chair Pundits creating Buzz Words out of those choices.

          • Plunket

            db,

            Why won’t you defend your abhorrent and perverted desire to see pictures of pain and suffering by black refugees in New Orleans ‘with their belongings on their backs’ just for the pleasure of having it juxtaposed alongside pics of Republicans cheering for their party during their convention last week, calling such a juxtaposition “priceless”?

            Is there just no defense for such a revelation by you? Why are you mute?

  • oi ly

    Ted Strickland –

    “Mitt Romney has so little economic patriotism that even his money needs a passport. It summers on the beaches of the Cayman Islands and winters on the slopes of the Swiss Alps. In Matthew, chapter 6, verse 21, the scriptures teach us that where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. My friends, any man who aspires to be our president should keep both his treasure and his heart in the United States of America. And it’s well past time for Mitt Romney to come clean with the American people.”

    “My friends, there is a true choice in this election. Barack Obama is betting on the American worker. Mitt Romney is betting on a Bermuda shell corporation. Barack Obama saved the American auto industry. Mitt Romney saved on his taxes. Barack Obama is an economic patriot. Mitt Romney is an outsourcing pioneer. My friends, the stakes are too high, the differences too stark to sit this one out. Let us stand as one on November 6th and move this country forward by re-electing President Barack Obama.”

    • M2

      Ouch, bring out the Bactine.

      I don’t remember too much of the 2008 convention, but 2012 proves we learned the lesson of the 2004 gathering.

    • enlightened liberal

      Hey, maybe there is another reason Mitt has his money in the Cayman Islands. Maybe he’s got some wives stashed down there. You know, because the “trees are just the right height.”

      • M2

        Ha.

        Luckily for him he was born into cash. That personality wouldn’t attract many women. He’s like chloroform with hair.

  • M2

    HA! Yeah, if you’re an insane paranoid it must sound that way.

    Oh my God, the government is made of… people!?! Say it ain’t so.

    Bwaaahaa!

    • Plunket

      Yeah, no M2, a DNC video telling me the government is the only thing we all belong to isn’t creepy at all.

      You frickin’ statist droid, M2, we don’t belong to the government. Maybe you do. Maybe you want us all to, be “we” don’t.

      That’s exactly what you were arguing against when you were whining about Obama’s “If you own a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else built that” line. Only your heart wasn’t in the argument because you didn’t believe your argument for one minute.

      You really do think we belong to the government.

      • M2

        No, it’s not creepy at all unless you’re an ignorant paranoid. Sorry, Dennis. If the straightjacket fits… wear it to a tea party, because that’s the crazy crowd who eats that crap up and licks the plate.

        And I don’t believe the “You didn’t build that” line was bullshit. It is bullshit. Anyone with rudimentary listening skills knows it is bullshit, and your “it’s wasn’t out of context but it’s worse in context” nonsense defense proved it 100% more.

        Anything else I can clear up for you tonight? My time is limited. I may have to “slink away” to bed at a certain point, if that’s okay with you.

        • Plunket

          You never explain anything, M2, you just spout. Explaining and clarifying is not your strong suit.

          “That was bullshit” is about as specific as you’re ever gonna get.

          • M2

            Dennis, not everyone needs a lengthy explanation of the obvious like you do and you can’t explain anything to someone unwilling to listen.

            Considering the very next line, I believe, in the 17 second clip (a right wing attention span record, no doubt”) explains just what people belonging to their government means and you purposely cannot grasp it speaks volumes about what your strong suit is.

            Also, if you haven’t been able to grasp what context is by now, I can’t help you “build that” as it were.

  • Plunket
    • oi ly

      Mayor Castro –

      When it comes to getting the middle class back to work, Mitt Romney says, “No.” When it comes to respecting women’s rights, Mitt Romney says, “No.” When it comes to letting people marry whomever they love, Mitt Romney says, “No.” When it comes to expanding access to good health care, Mitt Romney says, “No.”
      Actually, Mitt Romney said, “Yes,” and now he says, “No.” Governor Romney has undergone an extreme makeover, and it ain’t pretty. So here’s what we’re going to say to Mitt Romney. We’re going to say, “No.”

      Flip flop extreme make over, and it isn’t pretty!

  • M2

    “Never in modern American history has a presidential candidate tried so hard to hide himself from the people he hopes to serve,” Reid said during his evening speech here at the Democratic National Convention. “When you look at the one tax return he has released, it’s obvious why. It’s obvious why there’s only been one. We learned that he pays a lower tax rate than middle class families. We learned he chose Swiss bank accounts and Cayman Islands tax shelters over American institutions. And we can only imagine what new secrets would be revealed if he showed the American people a dozen years of tax returns — like his father did.”

    Give ‘em hell, Harry.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/04/harry-reid-speech_n_1852793.html

    • Plunket

      Shorter M2: I don’t really know what a Cayman Islands tax shelter is, or why they’re legal, or why some of my own money is in one, but who cares?

      • M2

        My money is in one? You sure about that? have you called my financial planner at his place of business or is that reserved for OW posters you disagree with only?

        • Plunket

          M2, you wouldn’t even be aware if your bank had a Cayman branch. Chances are pretty good that they do. Smaller banks upstream their overnight reserves to larger banks that have a Cayman deposit branch license. Credit union? Most of them send their liquid cash investments to a central credit union that invests in short-term investment vehicles with Cayman branches. Chances are very slim that you have no connections to a Cayman branch somehow, and the truth is, you’ve shown no clue what one is or just what institutions might have one, and that list of institutions that do have one is both extensive and pervasive.

          • M2

            If you’re seeing no clues as to my financial investments it’s only because I, again, will share no information about them with you.

            Don’t worry, Dennis. Me and my money, the money this socialist freedom hater cannot stand, are just fine right here in the U.S.A. If you want to take yours and sip a Mai Tai with Mitt under a palm tree somewhere, you do that.

          • Plunket

            You’re a coward, M2. You wouldn’t even know how to check your own investments or your bank or credit union to be able to find out if they use a Grand Cayman Island branch, and if you did and found out that they do, you’d never admit it. The chances that one of those financial institutions does is far greater than if one doesn’t, which means you’re either a hypocrite or a complete ignoramus.

        • M2

          I dedicate this to you and Mitt, Dennis. Enjoy your next island adventure. Cayman craziness!!!

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY

          Bring the sun tan lotion. Mitt looks like he burns easily.

  • oi ly

    Nancy Keenan = Fucking Awesome

  • Plunket

    On the contrary. I hold George W. Bush fully accountable for the debt.

    You say that almost as if Obama could spend like a drunken sailor with no end in sight and still blame it all on Bush, and you would always concur with him.

  • enlightened liberal

    On the contrary. I hold George W. Bush fully accountable for the debt. Question is why don’t you?

    Nice job white knighting REVEREND MOON though. Have you no shame?

    • SaveFarris

      I hold Bush responsible for his portion. Of course, Obama’s share is even larger (and he’s been in office less than half the time.)

      What’s your excuse?

  • SaveFarris

    Ignore the story and throw out irrelevant personal attacks: what an excellent lapdog you are!

    Way to hold those in charge accountable!!

  • SaveFarris

    Mission Accomplished

    The Treasury Department said Tuesday that the federal government has now officially topped $16 trillion in debt.

    The announcement, which came just an hour before Democrats gaveled in their convention in Charlotte, N.C., to renominate President Obama for another four-year term, immediately boosted the government’s grim fiscal picture back to the fore of the national debate.

    Debt has risen at a meteoric pace under Mr. Obama — in less than four years in office he has already eclipsed President George W. Bush’s eight years. His advisors say he has a “plausible” plan to stabilize the debt, but defend his spending plans, saying to withdraw government stimulus now would hurt the economic recovery.

    That’s irresponsible. That’s unpatriotic!

    • db

      Farris,

      Quoting the Washington Times to us? I thought they went broke years ago. Apparently not, but slanted as always.

      Sorry to hear of the death of your God a few days ago.

      • enlightened liberal

        Haha! I was just going to post that when I read yours. Although a cult leader is somewhat apropos for Republicans, isn’t it?

        • SaveFarris

          Yep, keep on ignoring reality. #YouCantQuoteGeithnerEither

          It’s YOUR record. Wear it with honor!

  • Plunket

    He db, notice how you guys always have an excuse for everything Obama ever did or ever promised and didn’t do, or made the wrong forecast for, or would have done but for Republicans?

    Do you ever get tired of doing that?

    Is there not some pride mechanism in your brain that alerts you that one day you should just stop the bullshit?

    • db

      Dennis,

      This gets sillier by the minute.

      Now you complain that I pointed out that President Obama tried to compromise with the Republicans? The compromise is bull manuer? The attempts at compromise?

      You start off complaining that the ARRA wasn’t biger.
      I point out that the ARRA was a compromise.
      You then state that I’m blaming the Republicans.

      Read el’s at 3:25. You’re trying to play some gotcha game?

      el,

      Agree entirtely. They’ve got nothing positive to say about WMR.

      • Plunket

        db,

        I didn’t complain that ARRA wasn’t bigger, I asked Zython if he could explain in his own words why Obama didn’t do more when the situation called for it. The fact of the matter for why Obama, Romer and Bernstein didn’t press for a bigger stimulus was not because of compromise, it was because Romer and Bernstein scaled it way back to begin with because they underestimated the magnitude of the recession. Few believe Democrats couldn’t have gotten a lot more if they wanted to, and few other than intellectual cowards on political blogs think it was because of compromise.

        You guys can’t seem to make up your minds between blaming Republicans for everything Obama didn’t do that he should have done, or saying everything is ok now and well on it’s way to a remarkable recovery.

        Both of those can’t be true. Yet you guys play that charade game every day.

        • Zython

          Romer and Bernstein didn’t press for a bigger stimulus was not because of compromise,

          So you’re saying we should have listened to Krugman the whole time? Sounds reasonable.

          • Plunket

            That was my point, Zython. You came into this thread spouting Krugman without reference as if it was your own brainchild idea, so why don’t you criticize Obama now for not pressing for more stimulus like Krugman did?

            You’re both intellectually dishonest and lazy.

  • db

    ‘Cmon Dennis,

    “Why didn’t Obama do that, then? Why didn’t he double the amount of the stimulus bill?”

    You were here. You read the same papers. You remember the Republicans throwing a hissy fit about trying to cut the deficit. You remember the ARRA was a compromise.

    Are you REALLY arguing now, that President Obama shouldn’t have compromised with you Republicans four years ago? Do you realize how silly you’re sounding?

    • M2

      db, the party of personal responsibility is never responsible for anything. You know that.

    • enlightened liberal

      Yes, and Republicans totally wouldn’t have filibustered and used the $2 trillion stimulus against Obama even if it did get the economy moving.

      Heads, Republicans win, tails, Democrats lose. That really is all they have. And with all this derp, I still haven’t read anyone try to make a case to vote for Romney, rather than against Obama.

      • M2

        I was able to prod Dennis into saying he liked Romney once and by once I mean one time in his many posts of the last week or so.

        (I post a lot, too, Dennis. Just sayin’.)

        Other than that, they love Mitt because he… um, he is a business person and… um… yeah.

        • Plunket

          I love talking business, M2, and I love talking about Romney and Bain and what he did there. I just don’t like talking about either one with close-minded people who hate business and who have no clue how a hedge fund works or why pension funds they have their money in would invest in them, because what’s the point? You only know what you read on left-wing blogs written by guys who share your same sentiments and possess the same level of ignorance. You don’t want to hear from any of us because you want to learn, and if we tell you something you don’t have a smart-ass answer for at your disposal, you just utter something stupid like Zython does or you just run to the next topic. It’s a waste of time.

          Seriously, do you have any clue why the state employees retirement system along with the teachers retirement system in your state is very likely an investor in Bain Capital?

          It’s not a quiz to see what you know, it’s just something you’re not going to read at MMfA or Eschaton or Rolling Stone, so I’d like to know what you think about that, a teacher very close to you likely contributing to the death of Joe Soptic’s wife and all.

          • Plunket

            Here, M2, here’s a partial list of state ret. systems’ that invest in Bain Capital and kill people wives’ with cancer:

            Bain Capital enriches Obama’s base

            llinois Municipal Retirement Fund ($2.2 million)
            Indiana Public Retirement System ($39.3 million)
            Iowa Public Employees’ Retirement System ($177.1 million)
            Los Angeles Fire and Police Pension System ($19.5 million)
            Maryland State Retirement and Pension System ($117.5 million)
            Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada ($20.3 million)State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio ($767.3 million)
            Pennsylvania State Employees’ Retirement System ($231.5 million)
            Employees’ Retirement System of Rhode Island ($25 million)
            San Diego County Employees Retirement Association ($23.5 million)
            Teacher Retirement System of Texas ($122.5 million)
            Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System ($15 million)

            Good chance your alma mater does too. Why, M2?

          • Plunket

            Here’s the correct link:

            Bain Capital Enriches Obama’s Base

          • oi ly

            So why do the repubs constantly put down public servants and unions?

          • M2

            Oh, yes. The person who calls commenters here “commies” and who called me an idiot in this thread just wants to talk issues like business. Stop kidding yourself Dennis. And you’ve already explained your entire thought process on criticism of Romney’s time at Bain. It came down to Bain = evil, so whatever facts you pulled up regarding their investment partners and clients won’t surprise me. Despite your rich fantasy life in which Palin is qualified to be President, I don’t work make minimum wage at a five & dime. I’m quite aware of investments. I can’t shelter my money in the Cayman’s like a patriot but I do know where it goes.

            Also, suggesting complete bullshit like I only read liberal blogs might hold more weight if you didn’t link to conservative blogs in this very thread, both of which got their respective stories wrong. I am guessing your Bain fun facts came the same kinda blog, but I really don’t give a shit.

            Don’t forget to rebel against the First Lady’s tonight by eating a box of Twinkies during her speech, Dennis.

          • Plunket

            No, M2, I explained Cayman Island branches to you a week ago and you had nothing but stupid comebacks about it. I’d bet dollars to donuts that if you told me a couple mutual funds your investments were in there was a Cayman Island branch involved. Better chance you do have money that goes through a Cayman branch than not, actually. So you very much do have access to Cayman investments, M2. And you very well likely do have exposure there. So get out your Cayman flag and hang it out on your front door.

          • M2

            Sigh.

            No, M2, I explained Cayman Island branches to you a week ago and you had nothing but stupid comebacks about it. – Phlunky

            You are unaware of what you actually post here? I can’t believe it. No, Dennis. I’d remember if you tried to explain offshore tax shelters to me because I would have shit myself laughing like I do at almost all of your posts.

            I’d bet dollars to donuts that if you told me a couple mutual funds your investments were in there was a Cayman Island branch involved… Phlunky

            What a brave dare knowing I won’t be sharing any financial info on the internet, but by all means pretend my investments are piled up in the Cayman’s and everyone is just like Regular Joe, Mitt Romney.

            Hilarious.

          • Plunket

            You’re a coward, M2. You only want to prod so you can find something to ridicule, or ridicule if we don’t say anything at all. When we do, you have nothing intelligent to say.

            Saying “I have some money in the Fidelity Magellan fund” or “My company invests in T Rowe funds” isn’t giving anything away personal. Saying ‘My mom was a teacher in Illinois isn’t giving away anything personal, either. The reason you don’t want to say anything like that is because you don’t want to admit that you or someone close to you likely has money directly invested in Bain and/or the Cayman Islands in some fashion. You don’t want to expose either your hypocrisy or your ignorance on the subject.

          • Plunket

            Heh. M2 prods, coaxes and cajoles, then when asked to explain what his beef is after being shown facts, he slinks away.

          • M2

            Oh, so sorry Dennis. I didn’t mean to “slink away” as you put it. I usually post weekdays from my workplace. Some of us can do our jobs and take time during breaks in the action to post here and read about the real world Republicans hate so much online.

            And like I told you before, no one is afraid of you. Your bad ideas are indeed scary, but neither I nor anyone here I am aware of cowers from you. We point and laugh and then you reply again and the process repeats itself.

            Dennis, your wild fantasies aside, I would never give you an iota of persona information regarding my finances or anything else. Why? We know what you do when someone tells you personal info.

            You stalk them out and call them at work. Not to mention, I trust your financial information less than I’d trust Madoff’s.

            And if you don’t like to be ridiculed, well, sorry. “Your” ideas, your party, your lies and bullshit are not worthy of serious discussion. They deserve all the ridicule they inspire and they inspire nothing but.

            If you can’t handle it, don’t follow me around like a puppy dog and stop replying to me. I know I and other posters give your life meaning with the attention we give your ridiculous comments and “facts” (“Obama promised not to close that plant!” – yuh huh, sure.) but rest assured, the feeling is not mutual. Your posts have no meaning unless you find deep meaning in the collective works of Andy Breitbart, as I am sure, Shirley Sherrod does.

            Clear enough? Enjoy your night. Michelle is on soon if not now. I am sure you’re dying to make up something about something she said. Oh wait, you’ll wait till your handlers give you the words. I forgot.

        • enlightened liberal

          Hey, I can even say something nice about WMR. He signed off on a pretty good health care plan up there in Massachusetts.

          Republicans remind me of the guy that was stuck with the ugly girl at the dance, the one they didn’t want. Republicans don’t want you to look at her, so they gossip about everyone else’s girlfriend while leaving their date in a corner.

          Cheer up Willard. Someone SOMEWHERE will really want you someday. Promise.

          • Plunket

            That’s a pretty long list of public employee pension funds up above that wanted his management expertise, enlightened liberal.

          • Zython

            True. After all, he built that.

  • Plunket

    Why? Our infrastructure is crumbling, and people are lending us money hand over fist with interest rates are incredibly low.

    Why didn’t Obama do that, then? Why didn’t he double the amount of the stimulus bill? Rates weren’t that much higher then. If you’re going to copy and paste from Krugman without reference like it”s your own idea, then tell us in your own words, or his words, I don’t care which, why Obama didn’t do that.

    The guy never so much as looked at a balance sheet to know what one was and people though he had a good grip on the economy because he was the guy that didn’t suspend his campaign when the world was falling apart and he had the benefit of blaming the meltdown on someone else because his part in it wasn’t vetted…. With landmark lawsuit, Barack Obama pushed banks to give subprime loans to Chicago’s African-Americans, so why do you think it was ok for him to set it and forget it and then move on to health care?

    • M2

      Dennis pushing Daily Caller bullshit. Hard to believe.

      I’d tell you where to go and read about how you’ve been TAKEN IN ONCE AGAIN by right wing bullshit, but it gives you butthurt to even read. it.

      Guess, Dennis. Just guess.

      • Plunket

        Where, M2, Ben DeMiero at MMfA? Is he still there? What is he, 21 and a half, now?

        • M2

          Yes, Dennis, we know if anyone under 100 years-old tells the truth,you don’t want to hear, you whine.

          Thanks. We know.

          • Plunket

            They have a bunch of 21 year old kids with iPhones and backpacks and in-boxes that tell them what story they need to try to debunk for that day, M2. Then at night they all tweet each other and compare notes.

          • M2

            Oh noes, iPhones?

            THEY HAVE IPHONES IN 2012?

            Hope they keep off your lawn, Dennis.

          • Plunket

            Yeah, and backpacks, too. And they call themselves research fellows and pretend they’re actually journalists. So that guys like you will link to them and claim you ‘proved’ some baseless claim.

          • M2

            Backpacks carry books. Those are things you surely have never cracked.

            Try it. I’ve invited you to try and debunk MMFA’s work before. Many have and you never can. You just whine that they’re not receiving social security and understand the intertubes.

    • Zython

      Why didn’t Obama do that, then? Why didn’t he double the amount of the stimulus bill? Rates weren’t that much higher then. If you’re going to copy and paste from Krugman without reference like it”s your own idea, then tell us in your own words, or his words, I don’t care which, why Obama didn’t do that.

      Because spending is approved by the legislature. You should try moving to a different country, because you clearly don’t know how this one works.

      • Plunket

        You have a very poor memory and you’ve forgotten things you used to crow about here, Zython. Dems controlled the legislature and Obama had 70% approval and advisers who told him that “you never want to let a serious crisis go to waste”.

        You guys were popping the champagne bottles back here in the early spring of 2009. And the rest of that year as well. You and Jaim and Burn and M2/Indeed and Oliver and a host of others, saying this bill was going to mean a certain Democratic majority for years to come. Now, it’s like, “Hey, Obama could only do so much, and besides, Republican obstructionism.” Heads we win, tails you lose. No one dare criticize Obama. Not now, anyway. And he takes no responsibility on it, either. Not now, anyway.

        • Zython

          If you want to complain about the democrats in the legislature that actually opposed that stuff, go right ahead.

          The Democrats are not a hive mind, and Obama is not the queen.

          • Plunket

            Democrats didn’t push for a much larger stimulus, Zython. It wasn’t because of Blue Dogs.

            You’re a lamebrain, and a dishonest one at that. I seriously hope for your sake your first job is not in the private sector.

  • M2
    • Plunket

      Ha. Good one, M2. You guys are the ones having conniption fits at Ryan quoting Obama verbatim and his promise to keep the plant open for 100 years if he was elected.

      I guess like Gitmo you’re going to say that we really don’t want that plant open anyway so what are we bitching about with Obama’s making another empty promise in order to get elected. What’s big deal, right?

      Idiot.

      • M2

        You always know when Dennis is on empty when he finishes a post calling you a name.

        Conniption fits? Hardly. The more Paul talks the more he lies, and the more he lies the more America gets to observe the “broader points” he’s making, which are bullshit. And if that plant were open, you’d have nothing to bitch about. Like all Republicans, you want Americans struggling which is why you and your congressional clowns actively work against the President, and they’ve admitted as much.

    • enlightened liberal

      M2, why didn’t Fartbama stop a plant from closing before he became President?

      • Plunket

        The question is why did Obama say if he was elected he’d keep that plant open for a hundred years and never so much as mention it ever again?

        • M2

          You didn’t build that Dennis. Reading is hard, I know.

          • Plunket

            Ryan quoted what Obama promised in his Janesville speech almost word….for….word, M2.

            Obama did build that promise, he just forgot about it. “Meh, Bush…who cares anyway?”

            And the plant didn’t close before he became president. Stephanie Cutter lied about that.

        • M2

          Oh, Dennis. You didn’t build that. You just didn’t.

    • enlightened liberal

      If R-Money becomes President, Ryan will run a 2:50 marathon to reopen that plant. And start dating Morgan Fairchild. Yea, that’s it. That’s the ticket.

      • Plunket

        And Obama is going to tell us how disgusted he felt with himself after meeting with Japanese financiers and German bond traders the first year he got out of college working as a research assistant in a publishing firm in a back office…..that he apparently just dreamed of one night when working on that chapter for his memoirs ten years later.

        Are you kidding me, enlightened?

        You think Ryan should’ve had that marathon time seared, seared in his memory for 22 years so he could recall it at the drop of a hat when someone interviewing him asked it? As opposed to Biden actually digging for someone else’s speech and using it without reference? As opposed to sitting down and writing a book filled with all kinds of false bravado?

        • oi ly

          “You think Ryan should’ve had that marathon time seared, seared in his memory for 22 years so he could recall it at the drop of a hat when someone interviewing him asked it?”

          If that’s the case, then why did he remember such a spectacular time and not a more modest one? I know, it’s because of Galtist phantasmagoria. He is the Fascist Superman, the highly developed Darwinian success story. He’s selling bullshit, Dennis, and you know he is. Selling it by the truck load.

          • enlightened liberal

            Right oi ly, it’s like when I was talking about playing for my high school baseball team but I couldn’t remember my batting average so I said I played for the New York Yankees and hit .342. Could happen to anyone, really.

          • Plunket

            Oily and enlightened, I think you guys forget that Obama has two autobiographies that are both chock full of lies of much more importance and relevance for the job than a marathon time run 22 years ago.

            Made-up memories

            In “Dreams from My Father,” Obama tells readers that he struggled with racism and racial alienation all his life. He wasn’t a starter on his high school basketball team because he played “black” while his coach coached “white.” He confabulated a black friend in high school who, like himself, was shunned for racial reasons. He wrote of a “big fight” with a white ex-girlfriend who, after seeing a racially charged play, “started talking about why black people were so angry all the time.”

            As Maraniss methodically shows, these and other tales of racial woe were false. His coach didn’t start him because he wasn’t good enough to start. His friend in high school was half-Japanese, not black, and neither of them were racially ostracized. The girlfriend, Genevieve Cook, never saw the play and never said anything of the sort. And so on.

            Do you believe that? Our president wrote he wasn’t a starter because he played “black” while his coach coached “white”. The reason he didn’t start was simply because he wasn’t near good enough to start. He wrote that lie with knowledge aforethought; he wasn’t asked by an interviewer and tried to recall a time from 22 years ago, he thought about it first and then wrote it.

          • Plunket

            Just sticking to sports-related lies Obama told, and has told…..

            Barack Obama not exactly ‘Barry O’Bomber’ on the basketball court

            “If Obama was unhappy about his playing time, the truth is he had to work exceedingly hard just to make the team. He made it more because of his intense passion for the game — his will — than anything else. …The reality was that Barry, as skilled and intelligent a player as he was, could not stand out in this group. He had good court sense and an ability to slash to the basket, but was an unreliable outside shooter and not much of a jumper…

            Decades later, a story emerged that his nickname was Barry O’Bomber, playing off his last name and a propensity to fire away from long range, but few team members recalled that nickname… and said the real gunner was Darin Maurer, who was better than Obama but barely got more playing time…

            “He loved basketball so much, I think a lot of things have been blown out of proportion,” said [former teammate Alan] Lum. … [W]hen it came down to playing time, he [Barry] wasn’t one of the five best.” In fact, Lum and other teammates pointed out, Barry was only occasionally considered one of the top eight…

            …Obama…was also among the most earthbound – he could not jump high enough to dunk the ball. “Barry’s lack of ups was obvious,” recalled [former player Tom] Topolinski. In fact, [coach Chris] McLachlin coined a phrase for the phenomenon: Barry Obama, famous for his no-jump jump shot!

            No one from the team remembered ever calling him “Barry O’Bomber”. That’s not what we heard from Obama.

            Hahaha!

            He was like George Costanza trying to get his co-workers to call him “T-bone”.

            ‘Yah. they called me ‘Barry O’Bomber’. Who does this? Indeed.

  • M2

    Farris’ kicks off his fun list with Limbaugh’s nickname for Gitmo – the place the right screamed over the President closing and when he didn’t close it, well, they’re still upset.

    There is nothing this President can ever do to stop the right from whining like little bitches. Nothing, and they’ve been whining since day one.

    Just go back to listening to Rush and the rest of your talk tard right wingers. It’s the only world that matters to you. The real one surely doesn’t.

    • SaveFarris

      Classic Alinsky: Attack Limbaugh and then ignore the substance of the argument. Of course, you can’t deny ANY of it. Which is why this year’s DNC is all about how Mitt Romney is a murderous tax cheat and not about Obama’s record in office.

      There is nothing this President can ever do to stop the right from whining like little bitches. Nothing

      1. STOP SPENDING!!!
      2. Renounce all proposed tax increases that even he acknowledges would hurt the economy.
      3. Repeal ObamaCare and rely on market forces, not government, to lower costs.
      4. STOP SPENDING!!!

      • Wilbur

        STOP SPENDING!!! Except for military spending, except for the 176 billion in medicare savings, except for the other cost-saving measures in ACA, except for stimulus funding for red states, except for disaster relief for red states, except for other kinds of federal relief to red states because they have no inclination to care for their sick and poor, except on cadillac health care for every Republican member of congress, except for every piece of Republican pork from the Washington pork barrel, except….

        • M2

          Stop spending on fellow Americans who are poor. Jay Z needs a tax cut.

        • Plunket

          What was Obama’s original plan when he promised to cut the deficit in half, Wilbur?

          What was the avalanche of substance on that one?

        • enlightened liberal

          Don’t forget spending enforcing voter ID laws.

      • M2

        “Classic Alinsky!”

        Ha! You do realize no one would even know who the fuck Alinsky is if it weren’t for you right wingers, don’t ya?

        You aren’t arguing anything of substance against the President unless you truly believe he presides in a vacuum unobstructed by Republican assholes and the previous Republican President’s policies have no effect on our current situation.

        Both of which you do believe which is why you’re a part of the laughable lunatic party.

        Classic Alinksy! Classic!

        • SaveFarris

          he presides in a vacuum unobstructed by Republican a**holes

          In 2009, he did exactly that.

          • enlightened liberal

            Stop lying

        • oi ly

          Not to mention that the current economic turmoil is a world wide event.

      • Zython

        1. STOP SPENDING!!!

        Why? Our infrastructure is crumbling, and people are lending us money hand over fist with interest rates are incredibly low.

        2. Renounce all proposed tax increases that even he acknowledges would hurt the economy.

        Taxes are at all-time lows, and corporate profits are at all-time highs. By your logic, the economy should be booming.

        3. Repeal ObamaCare and rely on market forces, not government, to lower costs.

        A. The insurance companies have already prepared for the changes. Even if we were to assume some good would come out of it, it would do more harm.

        B. We’ve had 60 years for these “market forces” to take effect. How many more decades will it take?

      • enlightened liberal

        I don’t think Alinsky is who you think he is.

        Then the pissy little boy said
        1. STOP SPENDING!!!

        Ok, who do you want to stop spending on, soldier’s pay or social security benefits? Oh, that’s right, he proposed a $4 trillion package of cuts but Republicans turned it down.

        2. Renounce all proposed tax increases that even he acknowledges would hurt the economy.

        Lie.
        3. Repeal ObamaCare and rely on market forces, not government, to lower costs.

        That’s worked awesome in the past. Oh wait, it hasn’t.

        4. STOP SPENDING!!!

        It’s still stupid no matter how many times you shout it.

        5. STOP BEING BLAH!

        Shame on you Ferris.

        • Plunket

          What on earth was Obama talking about, pray tell, when he said he would cut the budget deficit in half?

  • SaveFarris

    one of the bigger myths about Obama’s run in 2008 was that he simply mumbled the word “change” ten thousand times and was magically elected … In fact, Obama campaigned on an avalanche of substance.

    When Oliver’s right, he’s right. Obama *DID* make substantive and specific policy proposals:

    * Closing Club Gitmo
    * Cutting the deficit in half
    * Unemployment will be 5.5% by 2012 (and never rise above 8%)
    * “What I’ve proposed is a net spending cut”
    * Not acting “irresponsible and unpatriotic” by annually adding $500 million of debt
    * Put man back on the Moon by 2020
    * “Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase.”
    * Televising Health Care Negotiations
    * “I will not rest until everyone who wants a job has one”
    * Cut Insurance Premiums by $2500
    * No Individual Mandate
    * “If you like your current plan, you can keep it”
    * “The oceans will stop rising and the planet will heal itself”

    Plunkett, how dare you claim Obama never offered a platform of specifics!!!

    • Plunket

      * “I will not rest until everyone who wants a job has one”

      OMG, Save, did he actually say that?

      • SaveFarris
        • Plunket

          Farris’ kicks off his fun list with Limbaugh’s nickname for Gitmo – the place the right screamed over the President closing and when he didn’t close it, well, they’re still upset.

          He said he’d do a lot of things that were never easy decisions for either party in order to get elected, M2. You’re in effect congratulating Obama for making a promise that had all the upside in the world for him making it in order to get elected, but no downside for him if he got in office and broke it.

          He profited from making that broken promise and the left lacks the cajones to hold his feet to the fire on it, which makes their belly-aching about it calling it the core symbol of right-wing radicalism for the better part of 8 years under Bush seem rather hollow and only motivated by political expediency.

          Do you notice a pattern with any of this at all?

          And oh yeah, better put it on the platform for the next 4 years. “We really, really mean it this time, everybody. Let us finish what we so boldly set out to do 4 years ago, hehehe.”

          • Zython

            The thing is, unlike you guys, we actually understand how the government works. And we understand the PotUS isn’t a God-Emperor whose word is law. Maybe if you actually got your G.E.D., you would know this.

            These points might work well with your conservative buddies that don’t know whether they’re coming or going, but not with people who actually pay attention to this stuff.

          • SaveFarris

            Your article was written on December 9, 2010. Who held the majority in Congress at that time?

            we understand the PotUS isn’t a God-Emperor whose word is law.

            Says you (Remind me again: which part of the welfare law grants the President the ability to waive the work requirement? which part of NCLB gives Obama the ability to grant waivers? Which part of the 2003 Medicare reform act allows Obama to ignore the mandate to submit a plan to return Medicare to sustainability?) When it suits Obama to ignore Congressional law, he does so.

          • Zython

            Your article was written on December 9, 2010. Who held the majority in Congress at that time?

            Blue Dog Democrats suck. If you want to complain about Ben Nelson and Joe Lieberman, you won’t hear me complaining.

            which part of the welfare law grants the President the ability to waive the work requirement?

            Oh, you conservatives and your lies.

  • M2

    Ha, the right was tired of hearing about Bin Laden being killed the day he was killed. Of course their butts hurt when it’s mentioned now.

    It’s hard to come to grips with the fact that Democratic Presidents kill terrorists while Republican Presidents ignore them till they kill scores of Americans. Sorry, right wing.

    They also don’t want to hear about the unemployment rate left by the last President or his tax cuts for the rich and war that swell the national debt. Dare mention that and you’re blaming poor George W.

    They only want to hear bullshit told to them by their bullshit artists – Rush. Hannity, Coulter and co.

    True patriots.

    • Plunket

      Bummer for you, Bush isn’t on the ballot, M2. Remember the guy who told you 3 years ago that the buck stops with him? Well, turns out that was about as hollow as when he told you he’d lower the deficit by half and create 7 million new jobs in green energy and construction and keep the Janesville GM plant open for a hundred years. Three years later and he and you are both still blaming Bush.

      Avalanche of substance indeed.

      • M2

        Bush didn’t leave a buck for Obama to pass, Dennis.

        Sorry, but you’ve been told before – the bloodstains Bush left will take a long time to get out, but the President is getting it done. We know from your convention Bush isn’t popular, but sorry, his Republican-loved policies did do their damage and will be mentioned. We’re just trying to make sure we don’t have the charisma-free Bush II that is Mitt Romney.

        “Stop blaming Bush!!!!” is the only defense of GWB a Republican can muster.

    • enlightened liberal

      You mean when Obama sent in Seal Team 6 to kill Osama bin Laden after 10 years of a Republican administration not pursuing him? And Obama ordering an extra helicopter, saving soldier’s lives when one of the helicopters failed in the compound? Was that what you meant? You mean that Obama sent troops to Pakistan to kill Osama even after Republicans (to include Romney) said that was irresponsible? Is that what you mean?

      If McCain or R-Money was President today, Osama would be alive. And who knows how many Americans would be dead.

  • db

    Mr. Cuffman,

    Aqualung was Jethro Tull wasn’t it. Memories are hazy.

    Dennis,

    It actually was a verb (ask) & Osama. But I get your point. The difference is that President Obama really did have Osama killed & Rudy just happened to be Mayor of NY when an event, out of his control, occurred. Not making much of it, but Ryan asked & I answered.

    It really is amazing how you project your opinions & feelings onto the rest of us. Perhaps you recognize the emptiness of the Republican campaign so far?

    Trust Romney (who won’t relelase his taxes)
    to restore America (& he won’t tell us how)
    and make it the kind of America that Americans who want to believe in an America that Americans can believe in.

    • Plunket

      db-

      Romney’s releasing his tax returns won’t lower the unemployment rate, which is expected to remain at 8.3% this week. His returns won’t lower the $16 trillion debt level, and they won’t lower gasoline prices from just under $4.00 gallon. Sorry, but that’s a pretty weak way to respond to a serious question regarding the American economy.

      How about Obama, can you tell me what his vision is for a second term?

      Bring back Billy Jeff to tell us that higher tax rates (which were across the board and not just on the upper income levels) will bring back a tech boom and an artificially-inflated rise in home prices?

      • db

        Phlunk,

        You’re missing Oliver’s & my point. You’re saying nothing positive about your Candidate. You (& he) offer nothing beyond “Trust Romney” & I’ve pointed out that we can’t trust what’s in his taxes or he’d have released them by now.

        We know what you’re against. Obama. Got it.

        Dennis, look at yourself. Even now you & Farris are saying nothing good about a (possible) Romney presidency. All, ALL, you can do is tear down President Obama.

        Now my answer for why more wasn’t accomplished is simple, on average every third week for the past two years the US House of Representatives wasted their time, & ourt money, repealing “Obamacare”.

        President Obama & the Democratic Party issued their plarform earlier today. Look at it if you want to see our vision for tomorrow.

        • Plunket

          db,

          It’s not just us. Only 40% of the American voters think he deserves another chance. Only 31% of voters agree with you that we’re better off.

          Hill Poll: Voters say second term undeserved, country is worse off

          • db

            Phlunk,

            You know my reaction to polls. So what?

            If Republicans thought Climate Change was a myth or evolution didn’t occur, or women couldn’t get pregnant by rape, would it make any difference in reality?

            Again, ask Osama if we’re better off.
            Ask the guys who aren’t dying in Iraq.

    • enlightened liberal

      Yep. The “Americans” he’s talking about don’t much care about the improving economy, or the elimination of America’s greatest enemy. They do care about the hue of the President, though.

      That’s why they love stuff like this:
      http://www.eschatonblog.com/2012/09/well-okay-then.html#disqus_thread

      “Barbour offered a brief assessment of the Republican National Convention. “While I would love for [Chris] Christie to put a hot poker to Obama’s butt,” said Barbour of the RNC keynote speaker, “I thought he did what he was supposed to do.””

      That’s a totally fair and non-racist image by the Republican governor of Mississippi. Jackass.

      • db

        el,

        “Hot poker” is rather more anti-gay rather than racist, or am I missing something?

        • enlightened liberal

          Slaves were branded with a hot poker, db. Although you’ve given me an image that leaves me reaching for the brain bleach.

  • Plunket

    A noun, a verb and Osama bin Laden.

    Good luck with that one for the next two months trying to make excuses for 8.3% unemployment, $16 trillion debt and $3.88 per gallon gasoline prices.

    db, I’m counting on you, Oily, M2 and that creepy Aqualung guy posting up in the peanut gallery to come on here Thursday night to tell us that Obama’s speech was highly inspirational and his best one ever. Maybe you might want to tell us how his avalanche of substance brought tears to your eyes, too.

  • db

    Guys,

    BTW

    “Are you better off than you were four years ago?”

    Ask Osama Bin Laden.

  • oi ly
  • Plunket

    None of you guys are inspired this time around, Oily. Not a single one of you.

    I can’t remember the last time someone here said what he great speech he just made. It used to be some wide-eyed twenty-something here would say “His best speech ever” for every speech he made.

    Rather than inspiration, rather than substance (which as the above video proves is really nothing more than the same substance he talked about last time around), what everyone here is motivated by is little more than the fact that they couldn’t stand it if he lost given how much emotion they have invested in him and what they once thought he was capable of doing not all that long ago.

    • oi ly

      Don’t you ever rest?

      • db

        oi,

        I prefer to think how Dennis can look into our hearts & minds & decide, “None of you guys are inspired this time around, Oily. Not a single one of you.”

        Equally I’m highly amused because,

        “Rather than inspiration, rather than substance (which as the above video proves is really nothing more than the same substance he talked about last time around), what everyone here is motivated by is little more than the fact that they couldn’t stand it if he lost given how much emotion they have invested in him and what they once thought he was capable of doing not all that long ago.”

        is equally applicable to WMR if you take “here” to be the RN Convention.

      • enlightened liberal

        They sound tired.

  • oi ly

    “Why the hell is Mitt Romney running for President?”

    In order to make his friends even richer then they already are? That seems like a good enough reason, if yer a conservative that is. I absolutely adore it when he muddles the term “middle class”. You can see it’s forced and his mouth can barely form the letters that make up the words. It’s like a baby learning to talk.

  • Plunket

    This is what’s not good enough for America:

    “We’ve Heard It All Before”

    Avalanche of substance, indeed.