Economy Could Improve, Can’t Have That!

In case you wondered for a second that the right could try to value country over party for a minute or two, we were reminded where their priorities lie after Fed Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke announced the third quantitative easing program.

While some of them expressed concerns that it might not work, the biggest fear in the wake of a 200 point bounce in the Dow, was that enacting the policy so close to November could improve the economy which by the way means Obama could benefit politically.

As others far more versed in this have explained, QE3 is something of a gamble, and Bernanke himself said it couldn’t do a whole lot on its own to rev up the economy. That said, they’re trying something.

The idea here is you should hope for the best for these things, never mind who is in the White House. The global economy may have reached near-collapse on Bush’s watch and as a result of conservative-leaning economics, but I’d much rather have global and American prosperity rather than something I can say “a-ha!” to Republicans and conservatives over.

My loyalty to country always comes before the fact that I am a liberal or a Democrat, but as they showed us when they cheered America losing an opportunity to host the Olympic games, the prime directive for the right is Obama be damned, no matter what.

  • Pingback: Homepage

  • Wilbur

    Wilbur did a wha…?

    Seriously Dennis, take a break.

    • Plunket

      Hahahaha.

      Look at ‘em crawling out of the woodwork. It’s like Old Home Week.

      • oi ly

        “Hahahaha.

        Look at ‘em crawling out of the woodwork. It’s like Old Home Week.”

        This is why he should be banned. Not because he’s conservative. He’s ruining OW’s blog.

        • Wilbur

          I don’t think he should be banned, I just think his friends or, failing that, his neighbors should stage an intervention. If Romney continues to plummet in the polls Lord knows what he’ll do. Just humor him until help arrives.

          Yes, Dennis, you certainly have us on the run with that last comment of yours. I feel so ashamed of my racism and sexism of which I was oblivious until you opened my eyes!

          • oi ly

            I see Wilbur, I never put the two together because I haven’t been following the polls. But this is what you mean?

            http://www.cnbc.com/id/49027437

        • M2

          He’s just not making sense. This Mittastrophy is really taking a toll.

  • oi ly

    “Oily, you do realize you’re one of only five liberals who bother to post here any more, don’t you?”

    So now yer attempting to slag Oliver’s blog? That’s classy. Most liberal blogs would never put up with your crap. You should thank Oliver, not try and humiliate him. You’re a sad and sack.

  • M2

    Little Ricky speaks the truth.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0n5oa55EsmI

    Awesome. Just awesome.

    • Zython

      But conservatives ARE smart. Frank said so himself!

  • oi ly

    “So true. OW needs new wingnuts.”

    Dennis is so odious that he’s even keeping the wignuts away.

    • Plunket

      Oily, you do realize you’re one of only five liberals who bother to post here any more, don’t you?

      • Plunket

        Actuallly, you’re one of about 3 1/2. Zython went back to part-time, late-night hit and runs, Wilbur did a fafaroo and left in disgust, and Copypasta got banished to the nosebleed section. So I’m being generous when I say you’re 1 out of 5. You might be closer to 30% of the liberal base here.

        • Zython

          Zython went back to part-time, late-night hit and runs

          Eh, I’m busy all day. Anyhow, feel free to respond to me. We both you won’t because you wouldn’t like the response.

          and Copypasta got banished to the nosebleed section.

          This is coming from someone who got banned here. Twice.

          • oi ly

            Wonder if Dennis still has Avenger’s telephone number dialed in. Creepy.

      • oi ly

        So now yer attempting to slag Oliver’s blog? That’s classy. Most liberal blogs would never put up with your crap. You should thank Oliver, not try and humiliate him. You’re a sad sack.

  • Plunket

    db, the only explanation I’ve asked from you is why you thought a picture of refugees fleeing the city of New Orleans with their belongings on their backs would be ‘priceless’. And why you emphasized ‘particularly Blacks’. I quoted your words and I provided a definition of the word ‘priceless’ and I’ve been fair to you in questioning you as to just exactly what you were thinking when you wrote that before the storm hit landfall. You want to analyze Limbaugh’s suggestion that the DNC refer to the stadium as New Black Panther Stadium as opposed to Bank of America Stadium, fine, I’ll gladly do that, since Marco is too afraid to explain why he calls that somehow racist, but you should go first in explaining why you made that horrible comment. So far, all you’ve said in your defense is that it must’ve been ok since Marco, Oily, El and Zython didn’t call you out on it, which is farcical. To me, what you said is ten times more racist than even the worst conspiracy theory you can come up with for Limbaugh’s New Black Panther reference. You buddies won’t say a word to you about it even though you post here and you represent roughly 20% of the total liberal commentariat here, but this I know, had Limbaugh said what you said, hoping for a great picture of refugees leaving storm-ravaged New Orleans with their belongings on their backs (particularly Blacks, you said), juxtaposed with a picture of Dems laughing and smiling and whooping it up at their convention, and then calling that “priceless”, you can bet your sweet ass Marco and the rest of you clowns would be going crazy at just how god-awful racist that was.

    • db

      Strike, “I’d guess” from, “I’d guess you’re being willfully ignorant”

      A circle never ends.

      The only way to win is not to play.

      • Plunket

        db, ‘peanut butter and jelly’ is now racist according to liberals. “Golf” and “PGA Tour” is racist. Criticism for the loosening of work requirements for welfare benefits is racist. Running for president and opposing Obama is racist; no, just criticizing Obama is racist. The word ‘Chicago’ is racist. You have a liberal douchebag that I linked his quote to explaining how much easier and more effective it is to just call a Republican a racist than it is to explain policy differences to the public. You guys play that game every day and then ask for an explanation. Here is Limbaugh first referencing the DNC refusing to call Bank of America Stadium by it’s correct name, a name they paid $140mm for, and suggesting that maybe they ought to call it “New Black Panther” Stadium, as it was chickenshit (my word) that they wouldn’t call it by it’s correct name. That was way back in July after Nancy Pelosi told Democrats to stay home from the DNC Convention. That’s where the reference came from, not what you’re suggesting, and Marco said nothing about it back then when he first referred to it. Because it wasn’t racist. Not any more than the hundreds of references to the RNC convention as a KKK rally by all kinds of liberals, including you guys. It wasn’t a joke about the crowd being black, it was a joke about the cowardice of the DNC in not calling the stadium by the correct name, a name B of A paid a shit-ton of money for. They pay that money for exactly that reason, not just the football games there, but for whatever big-name venues happen to come along there, the value of the brand name being mentioned. The DNC wanted to deprive them of something that was rightfully theirs.

        And it’s relevant to compare the way you guys are feigning indignation with Limbaugh without knowing the full context, with your similar ‘priceless’ comment about the RNC convention and a picture of Black refugees being juxtaposed with smiling Republicans. You’re saying the RNC is all a bunch of white guys and gee, wouldn’t it be great to get a picture of a bunch of white guys smiling and clapping while black refugees are fleeing New Orleans…..before it even happend, db. You can’t see how that’s ten times more racist and 100 times more odious than what Limbaugh said? Limbaugh wasn’t remarking that the DNC crowd if they had had the speech at Bank of America Stadium was going to be all black and chuckling about that, like your comment and hundreds of other liberals joked about, he was joking about the DNC’s coward insistence on calling the stadium a name that showed they were too afraid to call it by it’s correct name. You didn’t say ‘God forbid this might ever happen, but if it did, it sure would be priceless to see a picture of blacks fleeing New Orleans’, you just compared a picture of it to smiling Republicans because the timing was such that it might happen at the same time. It shows that you were hoping for that to happen, and it shows a callous disregard for it happening, just whatever advantage your political party might gain with their plight be damned.

        • oi ly

          Omg Dennis, is that one of the videos of Limbaugh you get busy with? Gross.

          “It wasn’t a joke about the crowd being black, it was a joke about the cowardice of the DNC in not calling the stadium by the correct name, a name B of A paid a shit-ton of money for.”

          Bullshit. That was a loaded, racist comment. Calculated.

          • M2

            But that explanation is pure comedy. Wow, funny.

          • Plunket

            Really, Oily, how so?

            You mean it was a dog-whistle, because you can neither define it or explain it?

          • oi ly

            What exactly do you think that you proved with that link to elrushbo? That he in fact called the stadium Black Panther Stadium? Why did he call it that? Why the “Black”? Just another coincidence?

            Or were you trying to provide a context for what he said?

            Cough.

          • Plunket

            You freakin’ idiot, I’ve spelled that out for you and Marco 15 times and neither of you can muster one intelligent response. He referred to it as ‘New Black Panther Stadium’ as in ‘Why don’t they just call it ‘New Black Panther Stadium” instead of Panther Stadium if they’re refusing to call it by it’s correct name and make up a name for it? Holder and Obama refused to prosecute fully the two New Black Panther men in the Philadelphia precinct voter intimidation case and attorneys in the DOJ who prosecute such cases have testified that it was Holder’s intent and directive not to prosecute cases involving blacks in voter intimidation cases.

            Here’s what he said, on July 19th, Oily.

            Why wouldn’t you want to be there for that moment of history?

            Why wouldn’t you want to be seen by the TV cameras and the world on the floor of that great stadium, which used to be called Bank of America Stadium, but is gonna be called New Black Panther Stadium that night. Uh, Panther Stadium. Did I say New Black Panthers? You know what? That isn’t a bad idea. Call it New Black Panther Stadium. Well, they’re calling it Panther Stadium. The Carolina Panthers play there. So much for naming rights. If you’re Bank of America, you paid a huge amount for that stadium.

            It isn’t cheap. They paid $140 million over a length of time to have their name on that stadium. As an aside, nobody’s ever explained to me the value of that, but I guess the people make these calculations. They say, “Yeah, Bank of America.” I laugh at some of the names of these stadiums. (interruption) Well, I don’t want to mention any because I don’t want to run down the businesses that name these stadiums. I have nothing against them. (interruption) No, not Heinz Field. They call it “Ketchup Field.” Not that. Some of them are just…

            Anyway, they bought the naming rights, Bank of America. And Obama says (impression), “Nooo, no. Not that night! I don’t like banks. Well, I like banks, but I can’t have my voters thinking I do. We’re gonna call it Panther Field.” Why wouldn’t you want to be there for the coronation of the first black president’s second term? Why wouldn’t you want your face seen? Why wouldn’t you want to be seen around the world cheering this wonderful, once-in-a-lifetime moment on television? Why wouldn’t you want to be there?

            Neither you, nor Marco nor MMfA nor the one of only a couple liberal sites now inarticulately trying to make something of this said anything about Limbaugh referencing the stadium back in mid-July when he first did it. And several other people did, too, so Limbaugh wasn’t the first one. There’s nothing out there that indicates anyone was upset about this being a racist statement, not until he said it again on the radio just before the convention that week in reference to the chickening out due to a 20% chance of rain.

            Not racist, Oily. You and Marco are just going to have to back to squawking about Donovan McNabb or something else from 10 years ago on that MMfA list you keep bringing up.

          • oi ly

            There are white panthers, you know, both in nature and in the cultural realm. But he chose black panthers. Mere coincidence, I’m sure.

            Calculated, racist and evil.

          • oi ly

            Oh, and it did rain, right?

          • oi ly

            And anywho, that’s way too much context. Not allowed, right?

        • Plunket

          But he chose black panthers. Mere coincidence, I’m sure.

          He chose The New Black Panther Party. You guys, hundreds of you, chose ‘Klan Rally’. The difference is, the Klan was formed by Democrats and shunned and shunned by the Republican Party. The NBPP is defended by the Democratic party and liberals on this blog.

          Oily, not once have you explained why you’re outraged. All you have is questions. You want me to answer questions for you as if you’re confused and can’t find an answer. Go back and read your responses, you haven’t given one reason why what he said is racist other than the New Black Panther Party has the word ‘Black’ in it. Evidently for you that means anyone who isn’t black that calls them by their real name is a racist. Democrats align themselves with the NBPP and defend their racist statements and defend them from voter intimidation practices, and Democrats refuse to call Bank of America Stadium by it’s real name for which Bank Of America paid $140mm for the naming rights, instead they make up a name by calling it ‘Panther Stadium’. Rush says, ‘Gee, why don’t they call it New Black Panther Stadium?’ Your response: “Why did use the word ‘black’?” The answer to that is ‘Because that’s the word they used in their name, bonehead.’

          • Plunket

            And no, it was clear as a bell that evening in Charlotte, both before and after Obama gave his speech. It rained that afternoon.

          • oi ly

            “but is gonna be called New Black Panther Stadium that night. Uh, Panther Stadium. Did I say New Black Panthers? You know what? That isn’t a bad idea. Call it New Black Panther Stadium.”

            There was absolutely no point to him saying that except to invoke the image of the Black Panther Party and everything that means, socially, historically and politically. It’s racially charged and loaded. Calculated, racist and evil. It’s how he’s rolled for a very long time.

            You should quit defending him and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t need you to be his older brother.

          • Plunket

            It’s racially charged to call the RNC Convention a klan rally, Oily, and there’s absolutely no point in the hundreds of liberal references to it as such except to invoke the image of Ku Klux Klan and everything that means, socially, historically and politically, and it’s racially charged and loaded, calculated, racist and evil. It’s how liberals have rolled for a long time.

            Joe Biden telling a black audience that “They gon’ put y’all back in chains”. There was absolutely no point to that except to invoke the image of slavery and everything that means, socially, historically and politically, and it’s racially charged and loaded, calculated, racist and evil. It’s how he’s rolled for a long time.

            db describing a picture of refugees fleeing New Orleans with their belongings on their backs (‘primarily Black!’) as “priceless”. There’s absolutely no point in singling out Blacks and describing their suffering as “priceless” except to invoke the image of black oppression and suffering at the hands of white America and all that means, socially, historically and politically, and it’s racially charged and loaded, calculated, racist and evil. It’s how he’s rolled for a long time.

            You still aren’t saying anything, Oily. You’re just jabbering with nothing more than superficial mumblings. You’re better off just doing what Marco does, keep making the charge and forget about trying to justify it with any explanation that makes sense.

          • oi ly

            So are you saying that because some “liberals” somewhere called the RNC a KKK rally, therefore what Rush said can’t be a racist endeavor because of it? I think yer wrong.

            “but is gonna be called New Black Panther Stadium that night. Uh, Panther Stadium. Did I say New Black Panthers? You know what? That isn’t a bad idea. Call it New Black Panther Stadium.”

            You still haven’t explained why he called it the New Black Panther Stadium when Panther Stadium would have sufficed. Why does he say it’s not a bad idea to call it the NBPS? If, as he says, it’s not a bad idea, then why is it a good idea, given that nobody calls it the NBPS. Only he called it that (and maybe some other racist fokes).

            We know why, you pretend that you don’t.

          • Plunket

            Oily, you’re still asking me questions.

          • oi ly

            Why does Rush think it a good idea to call it the NBPS? That’s a question you don’t want to answer. This is the crux.

          • oi ly

            For a guy who never stops talking and who consumes most of the available oxygen around here, you sure have become mute all of a sudden.

          • Plunket

            Your intelligence on this matter only affords you the ability to keep asking more questions, not to clarify or define anything, Oily.

            If that’s the crux of the question, then why did db insert “(particularly Black)” when he said this….

            The pictures in the papers will be priceless. On the one side of the paper, pictures of the Republicans whooping it up for their Candidate, all smiles & such. On the other half, pictures of New Orleans residents (primarily Black) on foot, belongings carried in sacks, leaving the disaster area.

            You see, Oily, db is using your silence as an absolution from you that what he said wasn’t racist, or exploitative of Blacks. If the crux of the question for Rush Limbaugh is that he used the name of an organization that calls itself The New Black Panther Party when he didn’t have to, then why did db insert “particularly Black” in his description of a picture that he thought would be “priceless”, especially when he didn’t have to?

            How about you answering a question this time instead of asking more questions?

          • oi ly

            If it’s such a dumb question, why don’t you answer it – why did Rush think it a good idea to rename Panther Stadium the NBPS?

            Simple question. Why? Usually good ideas have really simple answers. Any yet, yer asking me about db. He’s anwered you, but you’ve yet to answer why Rush thought it a good idea to rename the stadium the NBPS.

            I’m not that bright, so it should easy for you to answer.

          • Plunket

            Because Democrats and liberals actually like The New Black Panthers, Oily. And if the Democrats can just make up a new name on their own because they’re too embarrassed to call it by it’s rightful name, then maybe he thinks it’s not a bad idea to use the name they thought up but do a slight variation on that name using an controversial organization that Democrats and liberals will go out of their way to defend, such as they did in the polling station voter intimidation violations and their calls to kill ‘crackers’ in the Treyvon Martin case.

            And no, you’re incorrect, db didn’t answer me. His only answer was that your silence absolves him. And you’re still silent.

            Now why do you suppose he singled out Blacks for that imaginary “priceless” picture of his? Simple question, how about a simple answer? If your silence implies that you thought what he said was ok, why do you have a problem with what Rush said, but not what db said and how do you find them different?

          • oi ly

            Holy moley, I was expecting a crazy post, but not that crazy. I’ve been paining/staining our deck these last couple of days and I got some pretty big brushes. But I’ve never seen a brush a big as the one you just used in that absurd post. That’s a big brush, Dennis.

            You’re paranoid, Dennis. There are professionals that can help. They might even help you with your db derangement syndrome.

          • Plunket

            Oily, it’s very simple, I’m asking you to apply some basic intellectual honestly and tell me what your principles are on what you feel racism is. You can neither define nor describe what it is when you make the claim of racism, nor can you defend honestly something very similar in nature that you deny is racist.

            It’s very easy to charge racism against someone whose political views you detest, but the tougher test for determining your principles is in applying those values to those whose political views you agree with.

            And that’s why you, db and Marco are all intellectual cowards. You’re all three afraid to state what your principles are. That would involve thinking about what they are first.

      • M2

        Priceless db. Priceless.

        • db

          Marco,

          Thank you. It’s taken me far too long to recognize that Dennis is just, Different Day Same (Stuff).

          Other sites on the “Banter Wire” have dealt with the subject of hammering the economy for Republican political gain. No need to rehash that here.

          What I find interesting is the use of essentially the same “austerity/debt/welfare” arguments in the Great Depression as are being run now. You can run Paul Ryan & Herbert Hoover statements & they’re essentially interchangeable.

          The Republicans ask if we’re better off now than four years ago, hoping we’ll forget where we were four years ago. The Republicans urge debt reduction & austerity hoping we won’t remember what happened when they tried that in 1930; or even what happened in the UK last year.

          Are we really in the 1984 world where everything exists in the present?

          • M2

            The GOP never lets reality impose on their economic policy. For example, we keep hearing that taxing the “job creators” will impede job growth almost 10 years into those same “job creators” enjoying incredible tax breaks. Where are the jobs? Well, if we reduce their tax burden to zero, it seems, the jobs will suddenly appear.

            And I really don’t understand why the Democratic party isn’t hammering the reality of the situation home. The Republican party of today cares nothing about the middle class and poor. Nothing. They claim Americans can’t be poor because they have functioning appliances. They cry that more people are on food stamps than ever before under Obama and their solution? Cut food stamps.Safety regulations? Fuck you. Take an aspirin, and their VP candidate who they tout as a financial Wiz Kid has a 5 trillion dollar hole in his own budget proposal. To top it off, the top of their ticket is Mitt Romney – a man so out of touch with the everyday man, it boggles the mind.

            The Democrats should be running on one line – They Just Don’t Care About You.

            And they really don’t.

            As for Dennis – meh. He loves his GOP blindly like a good little wingnut. How else can you explain his tortured defense of Black Panther Stadium Limbaugh – a defense that took him a week to formulate. Hilarious. Sad.

            But we’re the real racists!!!! Lordy.

          • Plunket

            That’s New Black Panther Stadium, Marco. And in a full week, you still haven’t backed up the claim you brought up with anything anywhere close to approaching either specificity or clarity. You’re that peculiar brand of cowardly white liberal that always wants to claim someone else is racist and keeps bringing it up, but never really feels comfortable discussing it.

            I don’t if that’s because of cowardice or ignorance or an equal combination of both, but it is strange. It’s like you want credit, but not involvement.

          • M2

            ” The Sambo on my front lawn is racist now? What’s going to be racist next? Drawing buckteeth on Chinese people? Fucking liberals.”

          • Plunket

            But we’re the real racists!!!! Lordy.

            No, but when you repeat ‘ching-chong’ 50 times on here, and let db use your silence to condone his overtly racist ‘priceless’ comment about black hurricane refugees, then your lecturing about anything racist carries no weight, Marco. It’s all political with you. 100%.

            You’re not an aggrieved party and you don’t care a wit about any aggrieved party. And you have no principles about racism other than you only care about it when you’re accusing someone on the conservative side of practicing it.

          • oi ly

            Praise the Lord, Wilbur saw the Light.

        • Plunket

          db justifies his racism by your silence, Marco. He’s another white guilt syndrome liberal nutcase whose concern for blacks goes little beyond the possible photo opportunities their strife might bring for Democrats, and you’ve gone from being a silent enabler to a full-throated swallower of his sentiments.

          Yes, that is priceless.

          • M2

            Concern for blacks – priceless.

  • Plunket

    Good God, this guy is a complete buffoon.

    Joe Biden Gets Wright State University’s Name Wrong While Speaking On Campus

    “That’s why for those of you struggling to send your kid to school, to college, or to keep your kid in college, whether it’s a community college or a Wayne State University, or any college in America–”

    The crowd shouted back, “Wright State!”

    “Wright State!” Biden replied, looking at his notes. “But it also includes Wayne State. It also includes the University of Delaware. It also includes the university, and so on.”

    “It also includes the university, and so on.”

    W…..T…..F?????

    • db

      Dennis,

      Would you have been happier with “the University of…”?

      Probably not. You ask for explanations & refuse to hear them when given to you.

      An example. You ask what’s racist about calling the Carolina Stadium “Black Panther Stadium”. Well the Carolina Panthers play there, so “Panther Stadium” is understandable.So why add the “Black”?

      Is it because some of the Football Players are Black? That makes no sense since every NFL team has Black, White & Latino players.

      Is it a reference to the 60’s Radical Group? Is that the image Rush wants to give? I’d bet yes.

      Do you have ANY other explanation?

      Rush refers to PMSNBC. Do you have any explanation that isn’t sexist? I’ll give you that it is an attempt to be funny. But one can try (& fail) to be funny & be sexist or racist at the same time.

      I’d guess you’re being willfully ignorant, but tell me I’m wrong & I’ll apologize.

    • oi ly

      “Judging by the video, the crowd seemed to just laugh about the mix up.”

      • Plunket

        That’s some guy from Sideboob HuffPo, Oily. Keep that in mind when you try to defend the senile, racist old fool who’s but a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

        Up,bup-bup-bp-bp….Wright State!. But it also incudes Wayne State! And the University of Delaware! And it includes the university! And insolvent GM! And Barack and I killed bin Laden and it was a big f’ing deal! Yawrgggghhhh!

        The guy is f’ing ready for the old folks home, and I’m not talking about assisted living, either.

        • oi ly

          So, you also hate old folks? Figures.

          • oi ly

            Priceless!

          • Plunket

            Another liberal who starts a lie with the cowardly preface “So….”.

            They just can’t help themselves, bless their hearts.

  • Zython

    Oh, here’s a fun one.

    Romney wants to help the middle-income tax payers. Problem is, he thinks household median income is 5x higher than it actually is.

    • M2

      But he shops at the grocery store! The grocery store – just like you and me.

      • oi ly

        Don’t forget the lovely jeans …

        Priceless!

    • Plunket

      Zython once again, late to the meeting, completely clueless, totally unprepared, brings the stupid…

      Romney: “No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less,” Romney responded.

      Obama: Obama also has set his definition for “middle class” as families with income of up to $250,000 a year.

      M2 and Oily follow right along, just nodding their heads.

      Oily will respond “whatever”.

      M2 will respond “racist”.

      • M2

        Racist? Never. A republican is never racist especially when they say racist shit. And your latest defense of Rush’s black panther stadium remarks is as funny as it is lengthy.

        • Plunket

          democrats are never racist especially when they say racist shit.

          And I said more about Rush’s statements in two sentences than you have in the last two months. You still don’t say anything about them other than ‘funny’.

          You’re an intellectual coward, Marco.

      • M2

        Oh it’s 200k and less? You don’t say?!?

        Bwaaaha!!

      • oi ly

        “His campaign later clarified that Romney was referencing household income, not individual income.”

        Nice try, Rmoney.

      • oi ly

        The difference –

        “Obama wants to extend Bush-era tax cuts for those making less than $250,000, while Romney wants to extend the tax cuts for everyone.”

      • Zython

        Romney: “No, middle income is $200,000 to $250,000 and less,” Romney responded.

        So, “middle” is now anything less than 98.5%? That’s a bit broad…

        • Plunket

          Another liberal nutjob who prefaces his lies with the word “So….”.

          They just can’t help it.

          • Zython

            Is 250k household income NOT in the top 1.5% now?

          • Plunket

            If you’re total household income is $200,000 -250,000 and you have a house and 2-3 kids to put through college, you’re not rich, if that’s what you’re asking, Zython. If you’re in your early twenties and mom and dad have been paying your tuition, smart phone, health insurance, cable bill and the premium package for high-speed internet for your gaming addiction, and you’re looking at a $40,000 starting salary in some small town in Texas when you finally finish grad school, then yeah, $200k might seem like a shit-ton of money, but it doesn’t mean you’re rich if you’re making that with a family. And just because some of your old class-mates from high school and undergrad are out working and making six figures already, don’t hate them because you think your grad studies makes you smarter than them or tell them what their ‘fair share’ of taxes ought to be so that you might get even with them for them doing better than you.

          • Zython

            Sounds like someone’s bitter about their life choices. Maybe you would have actually gotten your Bachelor’s if you didn’t send death threats to the Gay-Straight Alliance.

            Also, I’d be careful about making fun of people who play online games in this day and age.

  • SaveFarris

    What do you know, QE3 is already paying dividends:

    Ratings firm Egan-Jones cut its credit rating on the U.S. government to “AA-” from “AA,” citing its opinion that quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve would hurt the U.S. economy and the country’s credit quality.

    The Fed on Thursday said it would pump $40 billion into the U.S. economy each month until it saw a sustained upturn in the weak jobs market.

    In its downgrade, the firm said that issuing more currency and depressing interest rates through purchasing mortgage-backed securities does little to raise the U.S.’s real gross domestic product, but reduces the value of the dollar.

    In turn, this increases the cost of commodities, which will pressure the profitability of businesses and increase the costs of consumers thereby reducing consumer purchasing power, the firm said.

    President Downgrade strikes again. FOUR MORE YEARS!!!

    • M2

      Cheering economic problems for political worth? How dare you accuse the GOP of such!

      • SaveFarris

        Noone’s cheering: just pointing out we were right. And that if you’d have listened to us, we’d be better off.

        • Zython

          Listening to you guys is what got us into this mess to begin with.

          “Nah, we don’t need Glass-Steagall anymore”
          “Let’s privatize Social Security. Nothing bad could happen from that.”*
          “I know how we can fix the economy. Let’s not pay the bills we already agreed to pay!”
          “Clearly, the best way to get companies that have more money than ever to hire again is to give them more money.”

          *Thankfully, we didn’t listen to you guys when you proposed that.

      • M2

        Yes, and the GOP “right way” was to place a clearly troubled old man and his zero IQ wingnut sidekick into office. John McCain’s instinct at the time the crisis broke open was to sit it out. We know Sarah can’t count so I absolve her of any responsibility for that move.

        When the President takes the White House in November, and don’t tell me you don’t think that’s a forgone conclusion by now, we expect nothing more but the same level of obstruction, but it’s going to cost your party a lot. A lot meaning 2016.

        Now go off and fight the good fight to give Kanye West a tax cut. Kim might need a few new cars or something

        Enjoy your cake.

    • Plunket

      Another downgrade, but, but….’Economy Could Improve, Can’t Have That!’

      Oliver has a tendency to shoot first and then aim later.

  • M2

    “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

    But it’s their POLITICAL priority to work against the President, not their economic priority.

    Remember that distinction makes all the difference.

  • SaveFarris

    That said, they’re trying something.

    Something that didn’t work the last time they tried it. So, obviously, it’s guaranteed to work this time!!!

    Of course, you have PROOF to back up your assertion that a majority of Republicans are against this not because it’s bad policy, but because they think it’s good policy and they don’t want it to work. Surely you wouldn’t make such an incendiary charge without a shred of proof.

    Waiting…

    Oh, and by the way, the fact they’re even considering this, much less enacting it, proves that Obama’s policies have been a failure. If the economy is fixed, then why is there still a need to try insanely risky schemes in order to fix it?

    • enlightened liberal

      “Something that didn’t work the last time they tried it. So, obviously, it’s guaranteed to work this time!!!”

      You’re talking about “tax cuts for the Job Creators will get them to hire”, right?
      No? Alrighty then.

    • Zython

      Of course, you have PROOF to back up your assertion that a majority of Republicans are against this not because it’s bad policy, but because they think it’s good policy and they don’t want it to work.

      Of course.

  • M2

    Don’t worry, Mitt. No matter how ridiculous you make yourself look, someone’s got your back.

    http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/13/even-as-experts-gop-figures-criticize-romneys-e/189862

  • oi ly

    And the entire time from his bunker over at the Black Panther Stadium. What nerve!

    • M2

      Yes, while he was hunkered down at Black Panther Stadium, some lefties or democrats likened the RNC to a klan rally. Can you believe how racist the left is?

      • Plunket

        Bless your naive little heart, Marco. Can’t figure out why the DNC was too embarrassed to call Bank of America Stadium by it’s real name, so they had to make up another name and lie that the names were “interchangeable”. Then, embarrassed by that little white lie, they just threw up their hands and said “Screw it, we’ll just move it indoors…… on account of what, though?…..oh yeah, a 20% chance of rain that night. Yeah, that’ll work.”

      • M2

        Rush Limbaugh’s Black Panther Stadium comment is not racist because the Democratic Party cannot predict the weather.

        Got it.

        • oi ly

          Even worse, because the DNC acted based on the weather forecast. It did rain, after all. Can’t spin that!

          • oi ly

            Oh, and Priceless!

          • M2

            Oh, I love that Dennis brings up that thread as some sort of victory. Hilarious.

  • M2

    Oh, and this isn’t necessarily safe for work but it is hilarious.

    http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/?ref=auto

    • enlightened liberal

      “That is my favorite – the “Electing Obama made race relations worse.””

      That is the 2010’s version of “Back then (in Jim Crow days) we all got along but those rabblerousers like MLK screwed up everything.”

      • oi ly

        Ah, the good ole days …

        Priceless!

      • Plunket

        Remember Obama claiming his election would make the Muslims love us?

        No? Well, listen here….

        Obama Flashback: The Day I’m Inaugurated Muslim Hostility Will Ease

        Then-Senator Barack Obama makes the case for an Obama Presidency on November 21, 2007 by saying he is uniquely qualified to bring stability to America’s relationships in the Muslim world because he lived in an Islamic country during his youth and his half-sister is Muslim.

        As Oprah Winfrey said a few weeks after that in South Carolina …….

        Are you the one? Are you the one?”

        “I do believe today we have the answer to Miss Pittman’s question — it’s a question that the entire nation is asking — is he the one?”

        “South Carolina — I do believe he’s the one.”

        He believed himself he was The One.

        Indeed, you guys believe he is The One.

        To quote db: “Priceless.”

        • M2

          Oddly, this flashback was not recalled during the Arab Spring. Funny how memory works, isn’t it?

        • oi ly

          And that too is all Obama’s fault!!

          Priceless.

          • M2

            Yes, first it was awful, then it was awesome, then Obama was doing too much, then he wasn’t doing enough, then he should have done it differently, then the GOP reiterates what was done was the right thing to do.

            Maybe the right should exchange numbers?

      • db

        Marco,

        The guy in Kansas withdrew his opposition to President Obama being on the ballot. Sometimes someone even from Kansas State University gets a good idea.

        That or he read your comments.

        el,

        “If we’d elected Strom Thurmond in 1948 we wouldn’t have had those problems”, Nope, not racist at all. (at least to someone who didn’t know what Strom stood for in 1948)

    • Plunket

      Fisting, Marco?

      Seriously, is that where you want to take the comments section of this blog?

      Is that a victory for you?

      Feather in your cap?

      • M2

        “Fisting, Marco?”

        No thank you, Dennis. Not my thing but I appreciate your offer.

  • M2

    “Please explain to me what’s racist about Black Panther Stadium? I just don’t understand it!”

    • Plunket

      Haha. Marco: ‘I don’t know how to explain what racism is, Plunket, but I know it when I see it, even if I have to call it a dog-whistle. When I can’t explain it, I’ll just tell you to explain it so I don’t have to, that way I can call you a racist for pretending not to know what I think I know but just can’t seem to find the words for.’

      Idiot.

      • M2

        “Ching-chong isn’t racist. Everyone has said it before!”

        • M2

          Oh and of course – “Why is that racist?”

          • db

            And even after you explain it, he’s runs right back to the original question so he has us running in circles. Responding to Dennis is God’s way of telling you to get a hobby.

          • M2

            So true. OW needs new wingnuts.

          • Plunket

            And even after you explain it, he’s runs right back ….

            Marco has never once explained how anything is racist, other than saying ‘what, I can’t believe you can’t see how that’s racist!’, or copying and pasting some list from MMfA made up by a summer intern from an obscure liberal arts school somewhere in Vermont.

        • M2

          “Obama’s entire economic program is reparations” R. Limbaugh

          What? What’s racist about that? Is there an eight year-old here to explain it to me? I just don’t see it.

          • Plunket

            Marco: “I know the words, I think I do anyway, but I just can’t write them. I’ll get there.”

    • enlightened liberal

      Republicans don’t see color. And that photoshop of a watermelon patch on the White House grounds? Just highlighting the First Lady’s love of gardening.

  • Plunket

    not racist in any way shape or form.

    OW.com liberal hoping to get a goodpriceless picture of hurricane victims (particularly Black) fleeing New Orleans with ‘with their belongings on their backs’ so that it can be used against Republicans before the hurricane even hit land…….not racist in any way shape or form.

    • db

      You’re back to this Dennis?

      You have no life?

      Marco,

      I’m actually hoping that Kansas knocks President Obama off the ballot. It’s not like he’d carry Kansas anyhow & the backlash from the rest of the US would be “priceless” to watch.

      • M2

        If personal vendettas no one cares about or understands were clusters of nuts, he’d have a bowl of granola.

        And I hear you on Kansas. I love it when wingnuts cry the left hates free speech because I love it when they speak loud & clear. Every rational American needs to listen to their crazy and consider the consequences.

  • Plunket

    For many here, this will come as a shock and will be met with disbelief….

    Liberal super PAC: Calling Republicans racist more effective than criticizing policy

    According to an audio recording obtained by The Daily Caller, Matthew “Mudcat” Arnold, the national campaign manager of the liberal CREDO super PAC, told a gathering of supporters in Aurora, Colo., on Sept. 8 that they’ve realized “policy did not move voters.”

    He used Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King as an example.

    “When we said that Steve King … is pro-life and believes in cutting Social Security and voted for the Ryan budget, no one cared,” Arnold said. “When we said Steve King’s a racist, Steve King believes that immigrants ought to be put in electric fences, people moved.”

    “When you talk about the substance of a man’s character, people respond,” Arnold continued. “Believe it or not, that is not something politicians knew.”

    CREDO super PAC, which did not immediately return a request for comment from The Daily Caller on Thursday, bills itself as a “political committee working to defeat ten of the most odious tea party members of Congress.”

    …in other news, a new poll indicates people think water is indeed wet.

    • oi ly

      Calling Obama every slur and mis truth possible for the last 4 years …

      Priceless.

      • M2

        The GOP wonders why the charge sticks after RNC attendees were throwing nuts and likening black people to animals at their own convention.

        Never ceases to amaze me.

        • oi ly

          Just an isolated event!

          • M2

            Totally. Every isolated event of GOP racism comes with a 5-digit number count after it, but it’s an isolated event.

          • enlightened liberal

            You’re the racist for pointing it out.

          • M2

            The worst of racists, but the Kansas Republicans who were considering keeping the President off the ballot – not racist in any way shape or form.

          • oi ly

            The election of the first blah President Obama was supposed to end racism in America. The election of Obama has made it worse. Obama is a racist!!

          • M2

            That is my favorite – the “Electing Obama made race relations worse.”

            Yeah, because of you racist assholes.

      • db

        Dennis trying to change the subject.

        Priceless.

  • M2

    As we learned in a recent thread, Republicans aren’t responsible for the economy, or anything really, ever.

    Even when they say aloud they’re working against the President, we’re hearing it wrong. When the repeatedly block the President’s job bill, they’re not blocking it.

    They have no effect on any branch of government. Oh, but they killed Usama Bin Laden for sure. Ask Ohio Republicans. Mitt got ‘em.

    • enlightened liberal

      Also, if they are for something but Obama later comes out for it, they are against it and it never happened.

      • M2

        Yes, like Paul Ryan who was so against the Stimulus Bill he he asked for funds from it.

        • enlightened liberal

          Actually, that I don’t hold against him. He’s a craven fool, but the money would just go to other districts if he didn’t push for projects in his district.

          I was thinking of Romney disavowing Romneycare and refusing to talk about it. Many other examples, of course, such as Bush II coming out against allowing Terri Schaivo to die when he signed a bill in Texas allowing hospitals to pull the plug (against the wishes of the family, if need be) if the patient is indigent .

          • M2

            I can’t wait to hear Mitt explain the difference between Romneycare and Obamacare in the debates. Can’t wait.

  • Plunket

    db, you and Oliver are completely oblivious to the fact that you look at economics through the same political filter that you’re both accusing conservatives of doing now. Is Oliver not playing word games by showing a clip of a few conservatives and pretending all conservatives want our economy to tank and our people to suffer if it might look bad for Obama, while at the same time he’s claiming he always puts the economy’s well-being over his political partisanship. Neither one of those could be farther from the truth, but that’s what he’s arguing and that’s what every liberal on here will back him up on. You guys actually believe that. And then when you say something ten times more blatant and obvious as to your true feelings, like you did with the priceless comment about black New Orleans refugees, hoping a photo of them fleeing the city would be used in such a way as to embarrass Republicans, you get upset that someone might be playing word games. The hypocrisy is astounding, and even more so when you sit here and deny it and get pissed claiming your actual words were somehow distorted.

    • db

      Dennis,

      “db, you and Oliver are completely oblivious to the fact that you look at economics through the same political filter that you’re both accusing conservatives of doing now.”

      If you’re asserting that Oliver & I have a “world view” that we view things through; then that is obviously correct.

      “Is Oliver not playing word games by showing a clip of a few conservatives and pretending all conservatives want our economy to tank and our people to suffer if it might look bad for Obama,…” Hunh? I do not understand what you’re aiming at but Oliver’s,

      “While some of them expressed concerns that it might not work, the biggest fear in the wake of a 200 point bounce in the Dow, was that enacting the policy so close to November could improve the economy which by the way means Obama could benefit politically.” is the point of the article. That’s the thesis he “needs” to prove in the article but his,

      “The idea here is you should hope for the best for these things, never mind who is in the White House. The global economy may have reached near-collapse on Bush’s watch and as a result of conservative-leaning economics, but I’d much rather have global and American prosperity rather than something I can say “a-ha!” to Republicans and conservatives over.”

      certainly shows his priorities. You are welcome to say “unproved” but you then will need to support your position.

    • Zython

      while at the same time he’s claiming he always puts the economy’s well-being over his political partisanship. Neither one of those could be farther from the truth,

      Proof? And don’t cite any facts, quotes, or statistics. Don’t want to be a “copypasta freak”.

  • Plunket

    It was fun watching Fox “Business News” going from “everything is fine & getting better” to “things are in the dumpster” in between Nov. of ’08 & Jan of ’09. Funny that.

    Things were in the dumpster from 11/08-1/09, db. How can you say that was fun? And ‘funny that’ that FBN, along with a majority of Americans who lost trillions in net worth, were thinking before Lehman, Bear Stearns, AIG and other banks and financial firms started toppling, that things were shaky perhaps, but fine, just as our stock market was still just off the all-time highs on the DOW?

    What the heck is funny about that? Unless you’re like a certain blogger who stated that the summer and fall of 2008, just as our economic system was facing the very real possibility of a total collapse, was the best time of his life ever as a blogger- very much his “a-ha” to Republicans and conservatives, how can you look back on those times now as fun?

    • db

      Oh Good Lord Dennis,

      More silly (stupid) word games?

      Do you think that your blatant misinterpretations have any effect at all on the discussions here?

      Have you nothing better to do with your time?

      • Plunket

        db : “Please don’t play word games with my actual words, and don’t expect me to explain them when they don’t actually say what I want them to mean.”

        I’ve never seen a group of people recall a time when the financial system was in such dire straits with so much fondness, then for four years following, repeat the mantra that all conservatives are cheering for a poor economy. It just boggles the mind.

        • db

          Dennis:

          me: I’m glad to see the Oakland A’s Pitcher out of the hospital after being hit in the head by the ball.
          you: db was glad to see the Oakland A’s Pitcher hit in the head with the ball.

          Now with, “db : “Please don’t play word games with my actual words, and don’t expect me to explain them when they don’t actually say what I want them to mean.””

          You can certainly call my sentence structure or phraseology unfortunate. Not as bad as Sarah Palin’s “President Obama should grow a big stick”. I will not cry if you call my statements un-artful. If any of the others ask for clarification of any statement I make, I will be glad to provide.

          I would assert that my words mean what I want them to mean. What you’re saying is that you understand my meaning & are willfully misinterpreting or misconstruing the phraseology for your own purposes. That misinterpreting is the game of which I complain.

          I have said before that some games can be won only by not playing. Now how about a nice game of chess.

  • db

    I’ll cover Mr. Amos’s fiver for the week; but would be reluctant to state that Eric Holder will not be impeached sometime before he leaves office voluntarily.

    I’m still a fan of public works. When the RW Punditocracy is now (again) asking if the Fed is “out-of-bullets”; you know that it’s starting to have an effect.

    We discussed it at the time. It was fun watching Fox “Business News” going from “everything is fine & getting better” to “things are in the dumpster” in between Nov. of ’08 & Jan of ’09. Funny that.

    • enlightened liberal

      I call BS. NOBODY watches Fox Business News.

      • db

        el,

        You’re right, I didn’t actually watch FBN. No one did, that’s why they’re off the air (if that phrase is relevant in this age of cable). I did read & view clips & read articles on the web site.

        • enlightened liberal

          I was thinking of Fox Business Network, I think they are still on the air, but no one watches them. Are they really on the air if no one watches? Interesting question. I work in NYC in financial services and at all the firms I visit daily, all that have tv’s turned on, about 80% tune in to CNBC, 20% to Bloomberg TV and ZERO to FBN. ZERO. There are the same number of FBN viewers than their are African-Americans who will vote for Romney.