Bill Clinton’s math lesson for the DNC: Why Obama adds up to a good president

Clinton and Obama embrace following the former president's stirring remarks.

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via Yahoo News!):

CHARLOTTE — Former President Bill Clinton, once a political foe of President Barack Obama, made a strong case that he’s one of the nominee’s best surrogates Wednesday, especially when it comes to bringing independents into the Democratic re-election effort.

In a speech that was repeatedly interrupted by standing ovations and often veered from the prepared remarks on his Teleprompter, Clinton took on nearly every criticism that Republicans leveled at Obama last week at their party convention in Tampa. Clinton’s wide-ranging speech defended several aspects of Obama’s record, including his health care law, the controversial Recovery Act, the restructuring of cash-strapped American auto companies and even his choice of Joe Biden as vice president.

“We believe ‘we’re all in this together’ is a far better philosophy than ‘you’re on your own,'” Clinton said in a speech that went on for nearly an hour. “I want to nominate a man who’s cool on the outside but burns for America on the inside.”

Clinton even took on the question that Republicans have used in their convention counter-programming this week, arguing that the country is better off than it was when Obama first took office.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

Reporter Ken Silverstein Confirms What Critics Have Said About 'The Intercept' From the Beginning

From the beginning, several of us here at The Daily Banter have questioned not only the editorial apRead more...
Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Somebody Should've Knocked Bill O'Reilly on His Ass Years Ago

Quite a while back I was the producer on a show, the anchor of which was a powerhouse in the businesRead more...
MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

MEMBERS ONLY: The Daily Banter NSFW Video Mail Bag: Racism and Geckos

On this week's edition of the NSFW Video Mail Bag, Ben, Chez and Bob discuss Brittney Cooper, the OsRead more...