The Military Vote: Just The Latest Thing Mitt Romney Is Lying About

Even within the context of modern politics, Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign is extraordinarily dishonest. The Obama campaign is suing the state of Ohio in order to get the same rules that give an enhanced deadline to members of the military extended to more people.

It is an expansion of voting, not a restriction.

Yet the lying Romney campaign is claiming that Obama is attempting to restrict the military vote. Even the conservatives at HotAir admit that this is a bunch of hogwash.

I no longer believe our compromised media can muster the cojones to call out this blatant dishonesty for what it is. But I think Romney’s lies are becoming a lot like the boy who cried wolf. Not even the wimps in the press corps are going to continue believing their increasingly dishonest claims.

  • Zython

    You’re confusing felons and racial minorities again.

    • M2

      Hard to believe.

  • Plunket

    Yeah, Christopher, felons and dead people, two groups we’re opposed to being able to vote.

    And you’re right, they typically do vote Democrat.

    • Christopher Foxx

      Please give examples of felons and dead people voting and then explain just how, exactly, the “Voter ID” laws would prevent that.

      (Don’t hold yer breath waiting for Plunket to back up his claims, folks.)

  • Zython

    Dennis, quick question. Why do you want fewer people voting?

    • Christopher Foxx

      Easy. Because the majority of folks they block from voting would be folks who would vote against them.

  • oi ly

    “Oily, it must’ve been painful for you having to wait two full days before you could go out on the internet to mindlessly blame conservatives for another senseless murder.”

    I blame conservatives for not chastising the media goons that support and rally around their party. I blame them for crickets.

    And your personal insults might matter if I didn’t think of you as a soulless tool. But as it stands, your flatulence doesn’t bother me one bit because I think of you as a gassy intestinal tract with an asshole on the end of it.

  • oi ly

    Wow, innocent people are sprayed with right wing hate bullets and Dennis is worried about “floodgates”. That about says it all.

  • Wilbur

    Meanwhile another right-wing “Anglo-Saxon Culture” nutcase with a gun commits clueless mayhem against brown people, and a mosque burned down in Joplin Missouri.

    But Frank or Dennis or Farris will be along soon to remind us that Bill Ayers blew up some stuff 50 years ago, and some jerk was mean to a girl in the Chick-fil-a drive thru. So you see, its all, you know, equivalent!

    • Plunket

      You’ve been waiting since Sunday to say that and that’s the best way you could come up with to express some kind of correlation between us and this nutcase, Wilbur?

      Poor.

      If you’re so against Anglo-Saxon nutcases with guns, then stop quoting from David Brock’s website every day, how about it?

      • oi ly

        And you’ve been hoping since Sunday that it wasn’t a domestic terrorist act committed by a right wing nut case who has similar views to those expressed daily by the media arm of the current GOP.

      • Wilbur

        Poor.

        Better than anything you got, Hoss.

        If you’re so against Anglo-Saxon nutcases with guns, then stop quoting from David Brock’s website every day, how about it?

        I guess more reasonable people like you are not against [“}Anglo-Saxon [Culture"]* nutcases with guns

        And, uh, wtf? Is David Brock an Anglo-Saxon nutcase with a gun? And have I ever quoted from his website? Flail, Dennis, flail!!

        *My reference was not to “Anglo-Saxons” per se (of which I count myself one), but to “Anglo-Saxon culture”, a reference to your boy Mitt’s dog-whistle to the racist Republican base and white supremacists like the WI shooter.

        • oi ly

          Their other leader –

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUn1VZIH8c0

          Another coward when asked to define what he means.

        • Plunket

          Is David Brock an Anglo-Saxon nutcase with a gun?

          Yes. And he’s the de facto leader of the O-dubnut whack-job contingent here.

          5 posts don’t go by on here without some far-left, reality-challenged loon quoting his website.

          • Wilbur

            Lotta hate in that message, Dennis. Don’t let hate eat you up.

          • Plunket

            I like pretty much everybody, Wilbur. Some of you guys are just nuts, though. I chalk it up to nervousness, desperation and the fact Oliver is telling you that being nice is wimpy. For most of you, acting like mad-as-hell lunatics is largely just done for dramatic effect, trying to outdo the previous commenter vying for attention.

    • M2

      oh no, Wilbur. Don’t even try to connect the right wing and their anti-brown people campaigns to the Wisconsin shooting or the recent mosque torching. Right wingers like Bachman and Pam Gellar or Frank Gaffney and their vocal, unabashed fear of anything remotely Middle Eastern COULD NEVER influence crazy racist assholes to act violently.

      I hear Debbie Schlussel is about to start a campaign to ban humus from being sold in stores. I will keep you posted.

      • Plunket

        OMG, Wilbur knew a mere mention would open the floodgates, and here we go.

        M2, care to provide a link that scientifically correlates politicians and talk radio hosts words with making nutcases go out on shooting rampages?

        Did someone tell you yardbirds to wait two full days this time before you started bringing out the crazy in full force, or something?

        • M2

          M2, care to provide a link that scientifically correlates politicians and talk radio hosts words with making nutcases go out on shooting rampages? – Phlunky

          I posted some articles in another thread for your pal, Justy. You know the one. Sorry, I don’t have any scientific study for you.

          (the man who drops Ann Coulter columns now demands scientific studies – lulz)

          Also, the Dept. of Homeland Security already reported on a rise in right wing extremism a few years back and the right wing shit their pants in outrage. Some teabaggers even proudly declared themselves right wing extremists on hilarious t-shirts, so it’s not like a study would do anything to change your mind anyway.

          • Wilbur

            (the man who drops Ann Coulter columns now demands scientific studies – lulz)

            That is pretty rich. Suddenly wingnut hacks like science! Whaddyaknow!

          • Plunket

            Oily, it must’ve been painful for you having to wait two full days before you could go out on the internet to mindlessly blame conservatives for another senseless murder. Is there a medication you’re taking for that, something to control the anxiety, some kind of ADD drug perhaps? Something for your restless leg syndrome, or chewing your fingernails?

          • M2

            That is pretty rich. Suddenly wingnut hacks like science! Whaddyaknow! – wilbur

            Oh phlunky is comedy gold. He is upset he had to wait two whole days to present the pat answer he would have given had we started discussing the shooting that day.

            if the shooter was pictured boning Rush Limbaugh, Phlunky would cry photoshop till the day he died.

  • oi ly

    “That’s not what I said. Pointedly not.”

    His only game is to misconstrue. It’s who they are, it’s all they got.

    • M2

      Well, look at their candidate. Walking disaster.

  • M2

    Mittens’ friends at Fox are keeping his lie alive. I know, hard to believe.

    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/07/hannity-still-shamelessly-promoting-romney-lie/189166

    • Plunket

      When you got nothing to say, you know someone at Media Matters will, right M2?

      • M2

        When you support a liar and his lies, blame Media Matters and OW posters for pointing it out.

        Funny, the lie itself doesn’t bother you at all. Getting called on it? Butthurt X 10

        • Plunket

          OMG, you actually do have something to say.

          • M2

            That makes one of us.

          • Plunket

            M2, it’s the third day of this stupid thread and you still haven’t said the first thing about it, why Romney is wrong, his motives, Obama’s motives, the politics of it, the spin, the players….nothing. Just ‘where are the conservatives, the silence is deafening, Media Matters and Oliver’. Just like always, outrage that you can’t express in words.

            Very strange.

          • M2

            You’re really too into me. I am starting to feel how Rebecca Schaffer must have felt.

            Romney is bald-faced lying about the President trying to restrict the military vote in Ohio. See, Oliver posted about it. It’s the topic of this thread. Usually when a normal, intelligent person comments on a thread, they’ve bothered to read the topic our host posted. Seems you’re unable to do that or are just too cowardly to admit your candidate is lying.

            It’s just so sad. Now, please stay off my lawn. I’d ask you not to call me at work like you’ve done to other posters in the past, but you’d probably call Merl or Burn anyway.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Plunket: If a privilege is granted to the military in recognition of their service and in recognition of the logistical nightmare they endure constantly, especially when it comes to voting and getting their vote counted, and then the president sues the state in order to extend that privilege to all voters, ones who don’t have nearly the same logistical nightmares, then the privilege the military had is not really a privilege, is it?

    Your reaction is the very essence of the “it’s not enough I win, everyone else must lose” philosophy.

    Nothing is being taken from the military. The privilege they’ve had is in no way reduced. The recognition of the “logistical nightmare they endure when it comes to voting” is untouched. Giving something to someone else doesn’t take anything from the military.

    Yet when similar consideration is offered to others you see it as somehow a slight on the military.
    “Most people get only two pieces, but because of your circumstances we’re going to give you five.”
    “Sounds good. Thanks. Much appreciated.”
    “We’ve now decided other people in need will get five pieces also.”
    “What?!! But then I need seven.”
    “All you needed was five before.
    “Well, yeah. Don’t really need seven, but I have to have more than others!”

    Plunket thinks the military is a bunch of selfish three year olds. Nice to know he has such a high opinion of them.

    • Plunket

      Plunket thinks the military is a bunch of selfish three year olds.

      No I don’t. I said 15 military veterans groups disagree with Obama’s lawsuit as well. If you think Romney is a shameless liar, then you should be man enough to call them shameless liars as well.

      Pretty simple, Christopher, do you think these particular veterans groups are acting like selfish 3 years olds for wanting their privilege to remain a privilege?

      • Christopher Foxx

        Plunket: Pretty simple, Christopher, do you think these particular veterans groups are acting like selfish 3 years olds for wanting their privilege to remain a privilege?

        IF those 15 veterans groups are whining that they don’t want to share the “privilege” that they have with others just because it means they don’t want to share,
        IF those 15 veterans groups complain is that others are getting the same “privilege” that they have and that they don’t like no longer being “special”,

        then I agree with you that it is pretty simple. Yes, they’re absolutely acting like spoiled brats.

        Note very carefully what you’re not claiming here, Plunket.
        – You’re not claiming the veterans are no longer able to do something.
        – You’re not claiming the veterans no longer have their “privileged” status
        The only complaint you’re making is that someone else now also gets the benefit that the veterans have had, that the veterans aren’t “special” anymore.

        And denying others access to vote just so one group can feel “special” is the act of a childish brat.

        • Christopher Foxx

          Plunket: Pretty simple, Christopher, do you think these particular veterans groups are acting like selfish 3 years olds for wanting their privilege to remain a privilege?

          Already answerd that.

          So now, a pretty simple back at you, Plunket: Getting back on topic, did Romney lie when he said Obama is trying to restrict the military vote?

          Keep in mind these actual facts:
          – The military folks will still be able to vote early just like before.
          – The suit filed asks that others also be able to vote early at the same time the military folks do.
          – Romney said Obama is trying to restrict the military from voting early.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Gee, I wonder where Plunket ran fled off to?

  • oi ly

    “Except neither John Boehner nor Mitch McConnell went to the House floor and started using McCarthy-ite tactics to get Obama to produce his birth certificate like Reid did with tax returns.”

    That’s what the talk radio crazy arm of the GOP does. You hit the nail right on the head! Nice insight, for a change.

  • Christopher Foxx

    PLunket: If you’re worried about dishonest politics, you’d call out Dingy Harry for the dirtbag he is, but you won’t. You can’t. You don’t have the cojones.

    I did.

    Now, If you’re bothered by dishonest politics, you’d call out Romney for the constantly lying dirtbag he is, but you won’t. You can’t. You don’t have the decency.

    • Wilbur

      I can almost imagine Dennis’ claw arms waving up and down as he says ‘THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE! THAT DOES NOT COMPUTE!”

      • Plunket

        Wilbur, do you realize that not one lib on here has made a comment about the voting law in Ohio.

        Yet you’re all pretending to be just so, so outraged.

        Maybe you’re all just so mad you can’t talk about it, is that it? Just so steamed you can’t formulate sentences.

        • Wilbur

          Maybe it’s because they agree with what Oliver wrote on it. Doesn’t bear on the fact that you don’t have the courage or honesty to answer C. Foxx’s question. You’re a hack, Dennis, and a cowardly one.

          Brave Sir Dennis ran away.
          Bravely ran away, away.
          When danger rears it’s ugly head
          He bravely turned his tail and fled.
          Yes Brave Sir Dennis turned about
          He gallantly chickened out.

          Bravely taking to his feet
          He beat a very brave retreat.
          Oh bravest of the brave, Sir Dennis!

          • Plunket

            I diagree that Christopher ‘called out’ DIngy Harry. He said he should provide substantian or STFU, that he looks childish and that he’s wrong to do this in the way he’s done it and other Dems should call him out. But then he couches it as not that big a deal, even calling Romney the lying dirtbag, the constantly lying dirtbag, which isn’t true, it’s just his way, similar to yours, of making an veiled, qualified admission purely for the sake of patting yourself on the back while saying the degree of the offense is a false equivalence. HIs ‘calling out’ Dingy Harry was done by saying Romney was much worse, and in no way was it worse. If a privilege is granted to the military in recognition of their service and in recognition of the logistical nightmare they endure constantly, especially when it comes to voting and getting their vote counted, and then the president sues the state in order to extend that privilege to all voters, ones who don’t have nearly the same logistical nightmares, then the privilege the military had is not really a privilege, is it?

            privilege: – a right, advantage, favor, or immunity specially granted to one; esp., a right held by a certain individual, group, or class, and withheld from certain others or all others

            Yes, Romney is incorrect to say Obama is trying to restrict the military vote, but Christopher FOxx is wrong to call him a lying dirtbag. 15 other veterans groups are against this lawsuit by Obama. If Christopher Foxx, and Oliver and you think Romeny is a lying dirtbag, then you should also be calling those veterans groups lying dirtbags too.

            My guess is none of you will be doing that. You’d be right not to. Just like you’re wrong to be calling Romney a lying dirtbag.

            Christipher Foxx in effect excuses Reid’s Mcarthyist tactic by citing the same Democratic talking point recited ad nauseum over the weekend, saying Romney could clear up this whole Reid mess by just releasing the returns. And C Foxx also wrongly states that his tax returns would proven his financia acumen. C Foxx doesn’t want to see Romney’s financial acumen in those returns in any way, shape or form, he just wants to see if Romney’s tax accountant took advantage of tax breaks afforded him to a degree that his effective was lower than that of those makng much less than he does. So the reason I don’t feel compelled to answer him is that he’s displaying the exact same agenda-driven dishonesty that he’s accusing me of.

            “Oh hey der, Wilbur, look at me, I just “called out” Romney. See what I just did, I let him have it for saying Obama was trying to restrict the military vote when in reality Obama was just trying to tell the miltary their privilege should be extended to all voters, that they really shouldn’t have a ‘privilege’ at all. Now why won’t you call out Harry Reid for the constantly lying dirtbag he is? I just called out my side, why won’t you do the same. See, it’s not that both sides do it, it’s just your side.”

            That’s pretty much the way Christopher did his “calling out”.

            You guys are clowns.

          • Wilbur

            [argle bargle argle bargle argle bargle……..

            argle bargle argle bargle…..

            Yes, Romney is incorrect to say Obama is trying to restrict the military vote, but argle barger argle bargle….

            argle bargle argle bargle….

            The signal-to-noise-ratio is pretty high here Dennis. You might want to think about getting a new language unit installed.

            15 other veterans groups are against this lawsuit by Obama. If Christopher Foxx, and Oliver and you think Romeny is a lying dirtbag, then you should also be calling those veterans groups lying dirtbags too.

            If the 15 other veterans groups said that Obama was trying to restrict the military vote, then they are lying or mistaken too. I wouldn’t call them lying dirtbags, however. That term I would reserve for habitual repeat offenders, because…

            even calling Romney the lying dirtbag, the constantly lying dirtbag, which isn’t true

            Is an incorrect or dishonest statement, because there is ample evidence to the fact that Romney actually is a constantly lying dirtbag. If you’d care to address any of these other Romney lies, I’d encourage you to do so.

            Also, Dennis, like Aristotle I believe that even if you’re not by nature an honest, virtuous person, you can become more honest by simply _acting honestly_. Toward that end I’d encourage you to consider recasting your whiny screed up above in a manner that acknowledges the fact that the Obama admin is not challenging the law because it gives a privilege to active duty military, but because it unfairly removes a pre-existing privilege from veterans, firemen, policemen, emergency medical technicians, ministers, boyscout troop leaders, and all the other good citizens of the state.

            If you _really_ want to be honest, you would admit that the law the admin is fighting against is part of a concerted nationwide effort by Republicans to suppress voting among democratic constituencies under the dishonest guise of combatting ‘election fraud’. Will you join me now in condemning this effort as one of the most disgusting, cynical and anti-American efforts in the history of politics?

            Come on, Dennis, it will do you soul some good.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Plunket: I diagree that Christopher ‘called out’ DIngy Harry. He said he should provide substantian or STFU, that he looks childish and that he’s wrong to do this in the way he’s done it and other Dems should call him out. But then he couches it as not that big a deal

            Liar. At no point did I ever dismiss it as not a big deal.

            What I did do was say Reid was wrong and that the other members of his party are wrong for not calling him on it. I said that without any qualification.

            What I also did do was ask you why you don’t apply the same standard to your candidate? Why are you so critical of Reid for his unsubstantiated claim, but unwilling to call Romney any of his numerous flat out lies?

          • Christopher Foxx

            Plunket: Christipher Foxx in effect excuses Reid’s Mcarthyist tactic by citing the same Democratic talking point recited ad nauseum over the weekend, saying Romney could clear up this whole Reid mess by just releasing the returns.

            Sarcasm and satire are lost on Plunket.

            That’s not what I said. Pointedly not. Go back and re-read and see if your comprehension skills improve.

        • Christopher Foxx

          PLunket: If you’re worried about dishonest politics, you’d call out Dingy Harry for the dirtbag he is, but you won’t. You can’t. You don’t have the cojones.

          CFoxx: I did.
          Now, If you’re bothered by dishonest politics, you’d call out Romney for the constantly lying dirtbag he is, but you won’t. You can’t. You don’t have the decency.

          Plunket: do you realize that not one lib on here has made a comment about the voting law in Ohio.

          Challenged to meet his own standard, Plunket tries to change the subject entirely.

          Why am I not in the least surprised.

          Once again, Plunket: If you’re bothered by dishonest politics, why don’t you call out Romney for the constantly lying dirtbag he is?

          • Plunket

            That response of mine was to Wilbur’s post, not yours, Christopher. You deceptively tried to make it appear as if I responded to you. That’s dishonest dirt-baggery. You’ve done that several times before. Constantly lying is what you’re doing in effect. with that sleazy tactic.

            If you’re bothered by dishonest politics, why don’t you call out Romney for the constantly lying dirtbag he is?

            This is a liberal blog, Christopher. I never claimed to be bothered by dishonest politics, I just laugh at you guys for pretending to be outraged at dishonest politics while largely ignoring what goes on with Democratic dishonesty, either pretending it didn’t happen or sloughing it off as “false equivalence”. I mainly just tell you what hypocrites you are for acting out your outrage fantasies when you find something that gets two Pinnochios from Romney, but defend Dingy Harry’s 4 Pinnochio McCarthyism. You acted like it didn’t happen until I asked you why you’re upset with Romney in the Ohio voting issue but ignore His Dingyness. So you offer a mild rebuke of Dingy and expect me to rail on Romney as some sort of peace offering or something, “I showed you mine now show me yours”. Like what you did was so noble of you.

            It wasn’t.

          • Wilbur

            I never claimed to be bothered by dishonest politics

            Are you bothered by dishonest politics, Dennis?

            zzzzzzzzzzzzzz…either pretending it didn’t happen or sloughing it off as “false equivalence……zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”

            Thing is, the stuff you post here usually is a false equivalence. Your (and other wingnuts’) continual failure to post things that are truly comparable only reinforces our reality-based sense that the two sides of the current political spectrum are not, in fact, equally shitty. That both sides lie, but one side lies way more and way worse than the other.

            So it’s not that Democratic lying doesn’t bother us, it’s just that we have solid evidence that Republican lying is a much much bigger problem.

            Case in point – we have in the subject of this post a completely unequivocal lie (admitted as such even by you) from the mouth of Romney, the de facto leader of the GOP and its standard bearer. And to balance it, you put up Harry Reid’s claim that someone told him that Romney didn’t pay taxes.

            However incautious Reid’s claim is, however politically inept, however unsubstantiated, however undignified, there is no evidence that it is a lie – someone may well have told that to Reid, whether it is true or not.

            So the question, Dennis, is this: if you think it is so terrible to call Romney a dirtbag liar even when you have proof he’s lying, why do you think it is okay to call Harry Reid a dirtbag liar (as not only you but many high-ranking republicans have done) when you don’t have a single shred of evidence that he’s lying?

            Which of us has the worse problem with hypocrisy? Dennis, you make a VW full of clowns look like a board meeting of of Lutheran bishops.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Plunket: That response of mine was to Wilbur’s post, not yours, Christopher. You deceptively tried to make it appear as if I responded to you. That’s dishonest dirt-baggery. You’ve done that several times before. Constantly lying is what you’re doing in effect. with that sleazy tactic.

            And Wilbur’s post consisted only of “Plunket’s not going to understand what your asking in your comment, CFoxx”. To which you then responded with the non-sequitor “But what about Ohio?”

            That it was a non-responsive dodge is exactly what I pointed out.

            So my point stands. And the “dishonest dirt-baggery”, “Constantly lying” and “sleazy tactic” remain yours.

          • Christopher Foxx

            Plunket: I never claimed to be bothered by dishonest politics, …

            Of course you have. You’ve been bothered by it most adamantly. But only when practiced by Democrats.

            … I just laugh at you guys for pretending to be outraged at dishonest politics while largely ignoring what goes on with Democratic dishonesty, either pretending it didn’t happen or sloughing it off as “false equivalence”.

            While not agreeing with your premise that that’s what we do, how is it any different from what you do?

            It isn’t, of course. But your continued dishonesty and trolling means you’ll never acknowledge it.

  • Plunket
    • Christopher Foxx

      Yeah, Reid should provide some substantiation or STFU. Acting like a preschooler with a “I don’t haveta if I don’t wanna” attitude hurts his credibility, makes him look stupid and makes Romney look like a responsible voice. I really don’t see an upside for him.

      He’s wrong to do it and shame also on the Dems for not calling him on it.

    • Christopher Foxx

      By contrast to that, you know if the parties were reversed the conservative wingnuts would be blaming Romney. Clearly it’s all his fault for not showing his tax returns. I mean, we all know how important it is to show old documents. Why, if someone can be pilloried for not immediately producing a birth certificate when massive amount of evidence already exists to show where/when they were born, then certainly one should be taken to task for not showing key financial records when they’re claiming their main qualification for president is their financial experience!

      • Plunket

        Except neither John Boehner nor Mitch McConnell went to the House floor and started using McCarthy-ite tactics to get Obama to produce his birth certificate like Reid did with tax returns.

        And I fail to see the correlation between Romney’s tax returns and what they would reveal about his financial experience. Unlike Turbotax Tim Geitner, most guys in Romney’s position hire tax accountants.

  • Christopher Foxx

    I no longer believe our compromised media can muster the cojones to call out this blatant dishonesty for what it is. … Not even the wimps in the press corps are going to continue believing their increasingly dishonest claims.

    So they know he’s lying, they’re just not going to tell anyone about it.

    The “fourth branch” of our government is as inept as the official three.

  • M2

    The silence deafens yet another day.

    • Plunket

      What a sad way to go through life, begging people you hate to speak up about something when you haven’t even said a word. You hide behind Oliver, then peek around him and yell “Yeah, what about that, conservatives? C’mon, say something.”

      And then now you beg.

      Oliver makes a dishonest claim about racism on one post for which no one can defend or find the courage to even acknowledge, then on the very next post he rails about dishonest claims.

      Hilarious. Yeah, M2, let’s all take this one seriously from Oliver. Because he’s so sincere about honesty and all. He’s just that kind of guy.

      Idjit.

      • Christopher Foxx

        M2: The silence deafens yet another day.
        Plunket: … begging people you hate to speak up

        Noting that nobody is saying anything in Mitts defense isn’t at all the same thing as “begging” someone to do so.

        The wingnut mind, ladies and gents. They have to think that anything you say is a request for their opinion.

        • Plunket

          M2 begs for opinions, Christopher. Without offering his own first. It’s his standard M.O.

          And he does it hiding behind someone else.

          If you’re worried about dishonest politics, you’d call out Dingy Harry for the dirtbag he is, but you won’t. You can’t. You don’t have the cojones.

          • M2

            You claim I am hiding yet here I am but thanks for playing right into my hands again, Den Den. You really are the world’s dumbest troll.

            The silence on Mittens lies continues from our right wingers.

          • Plunket

            Don’t play dumb, M2. When I say you’re hiding, I mean you’re hide behind someone else’s words. Then you expect someone to show up to provide a rebuttal when you haven’t said a word. Still, you haven’t so much as offered an opinion other than remarking that no one has showed up to offer anything (it’s one of several threads on this blog where no one has showed up to offer a comment, actually).

            Meanwhile, Harry Reid lies, and you guys cover for him, pretending that ‘it’s just normal for all politicians since politics was invented’ to uncover things, when the tactics Obama and Axelrod are using to employ Dingy Harry to get private records unsealed is what they do, it’s what they’ve always done. It’s not “normal”. And you’re applauding it.

            M2 passes out on his fainting couch over something Romney said about Obama’s motives in Ohio with the military. Something Axelrod has already taken to walking back. Or, actually, you didn’t faint, you let Oliver do it for you.

            Dolt.

          • M2

            All I had to do was call out the wingnuts for not wanting to talk about Mitt’s latest lie and you ran in to prove me right like a good stupid wingnut. Can I have your lunch money, too?

            “Look over there – it’s Harry Reid.”

            Hilarious.

          • Christopher Foxx

            If I point out again that M2 wasn’t soliciting opinions I suppose you’ll just go ahead and AGAIN prove my point that no matter what reality is a wingnut will insist on seeing it the way they want to.

            And I DID “call out Dingy Harry”. You wouldn’t have seen it when you posted your note as we were writing our comments at the same time. But I suppose even if mine had posted first you’d still insist I hadn’t done so because it’s essential to you that liberals be as eager to deny reality as wingnuts repeatedly demonstrate themselves to be. You justify your hypocrisies to yourself by thinking the other side does the same thing. That we don’t is, of course, just another bit of reality to ignore.

  • Zython

    Romney told a lie? NEVER!

  • M2

    Look at his fans rush to his defense.

  • M2

    Oliver, keep pushing this story and David Gregory and co. will accuse you of swiftboating Mittens. You know holding a Republican accountable for anything is an attack on freedom itself.

    • DC Wilson

      David Gregory should stick to rapping with his dance buddy, MC Rove”.