Shooting at Sikh Temple in Wisconsin Kills 7

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (from Reuters):

A gunman killed six people and critically wounded three at a Sikh temple during Sunday services before police shot him dead in an attack that authorities are treating as an act of domestic terrorism.

Witnesses said the gunman opened fire when he entered the kitchen at the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in suburban Milwaukee at about 10:30 a.m. CDT (1530 GMT) as women prepared a Sunday meal, sending worshippers fleeing to escape the barrage.

The suspect was a bald, white man, approximately 40 years old, said Thomas Ahern, a spokesman for the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Authorities did not release his identity.

Four people were shot dead inside the sprawling temple. Three, including the gunman, were killed outside.

The gunman ambushed and shot a police officer who was responding to a 911 call and helping a shooting victim, Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards said. A second officer shot and killed the gunman.

Edwards said he had no identification for the shooter nor information on what kind of weapon or weapons he had. The victims’ identities and descriptions were not made public.

Enhanced by Zemanta

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

MEMBERS ONLY: The Death and Rebirth of a Cartoon About Pot and SpongeBob

Whenever 4/20 rolls around, I occasionally rewind 11 years or so to a cartoon I directed and co-wrotRead more...
Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Jesus Was Pro Transgender and Almost Certainly Pro Gay

Last week, I wrote about a Christians pastor who condemned his friend and fellow pastor for disassocRead more...
Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

Conservative Suggests Minimum Wage Protesters Should 'Eat Fewer Meals'

One of the subtle but nastier implications of the "American Dream" narrative is that poor people havRead more...