Romney Delivers Pro-War Speech, Highly Critical of Obama

The Daily Banter Headline Grab (via The Huffington Post):

TAMPA, Fla. –- After 17 months of speeches, events, tweets and trivia, debates and political battles to unseat the incumbent president, Willard Mitt Romney stepped onto a sports arena stage here Thursday evening and uttered 4,000 words that mattered more than any in his political career to date.

In a hyperactive age that often moves too fast, for a little under an hour, everything slowed down. The nation — partisans, press, supporters, voters -– watched, listened, and considered.

The 65-year old Massachusetts Republican accepted the nomination of his party as its nominee for president, becoming the first Mormon to ever achieve such a feat. And then he launched himself into what will now be a two-month sprint to Nov. 6.

“You need to know more about me,” Romney told a crowd of 20,000 supporters and a TV audience of millions.

This was the night that the former Massachusetts governor began in earnest a quest to show the American people that he is something other than what President Barack Obama’s campaign says he is: normal, not robotic; kind-hearted instead of cold; and most of all, a potential president rather than a punch line.

Enhanced by Zemanta

(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)

More on the Banter:

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

Now We Can See How Homophobic, Racist and Misogynist "Friends" Really Was

When we revisit Friends on Netflix now that all ten seasons are available to stream -- looking at itRead more...
Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

Ted Nugent Still Thinks Obama is a "Subhuman Mongrel"

One year later, he not only stands by the insult, but said in an interview that it was "too delicateRead more...
Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Why People Are Frightened To Say 'Super Bowl' On Television

Ever notice how some people on TV call the Super Bowl the "Big Game?" The popular understanding is Read more...
Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Here's the Bizarre Online Trail Left by the Ex-Employee who Killed Himself Outside Fox News HQ

Given that it was such a sad and desperate act, it would be nice to be able to say that Phillip PereRead more...
Sorcerer Bill Belichick Summons Massive Blizzard To Distract Country From Deflategate

Sorcerer Bill Belichick Summons Massive Blizzard To Distract Country From Deflategate

For the first time in a week, all eyes are off the Patriots. And it's no accident.Read more...